England v Croatia

Well done Russia and Croatia you deserved it more than us

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for all involved with England

We need a new FA, a new manager and a change of players to have any chance of doing well in the future

All these guys will now be out of a job during
Euro2008

istockphoto_1594476_riot_police_perspective

Last edited:
I think that every fan in English football should boycott their teams, and not turn up to matches. If the players refuse to turn up to matches then why shouldn't we, they don't deserve our support. Obv Muglaren has gotta go, he has the tactical prowess of Peter taylor and the motivational skills of a wet plank of wood. Brian Barwick is also a mug.

I think that every fan in English football should boycott their teams, and not turn up to matches. If the players refuse to turn up to matches then why shouldn't we, they don't deserve our support. Obv Muglaren has gotta go, he has the tactical prowess of Peter taylor and the motivational skills of a wet plank of wood. Brian Barwick is also a mug.

:shock:
Man Utd turn up EVERY week mate i got no problem with ANY of our players including the english ones.. but the NT dog shite

fantastic how people who were not used to post in this thread are all coming to mock as England is out now...
Anyway what a sad nignt...:(:(

Last edited:
It was sad to watch, but at the same time, absolutely hilarious.

I've been told tonight to 'fuck off and stop being un-patriotic'. But in the grand scheme of things, I'm being extremely patriotic.

This is a giant eye-opener to the FA, hopefully (extremely, because the FA are trully imcompetent) they'll do something.

Proud of my guys fairplay attitude. Even we didn't need the result, they showed proper sportsmanship and went out to give their best as sport should always be.
So Russia takes the cream. Sorry about England, but to be honest they didn't even deserved it. Maybe next time

I am shocked, can't believe it. Really, i will never ever understand what the hell is wrong with your National Team. You have so much outstanding players, much more then my National Team (Germany) but somehow you don't get it together.

I am sad, really. I love Matches against England, it is always something special. EM2008 without England, unbelievable, just unbelievable. Gonna miss your Team for sure. Get your shit together England, you are way better than this.

Last edited:
You all hated Sven! Great stuff. At least he led you to three consecutive tournaments. Be happy about that. He would have taken you through to this one too. What was that marionette doing between the posts tonight and how come Sol Campbell is back in defence???

yeah with this manager and formations England have no chance in any future euro's

We had no chance in previous Euros, or World Cups, we're a delusional bunch of fans, our players can't do the fundamental things, yet because they all play for the big clubs, they're seen a world-beaters.

Thank you very much, Croatia!
Russia isn't deserve it because of defeat in the most important match with Israel and very bad football in Andorra. But Croatia made it for us. They are honest, they are professionals! All Russian fans will support Croatia in Austria&Switzerland too. We are Slavians, we are brothers! Thank you one thousand times!

just proves that the media has built up players to be better than wat they really are.But main thing is atleast there wont be any fat english louts at the euros to mess up the town

just proves that the media has built up players to be better than wat they really are.But main thing is atleast there wont be any fat english louts at the euros to mess up the town

Mate, fair enough we got beat and we are out.
We accept that and we accept we have been shit.

But what's with the personal digs?
You aren't the only one either.

Let's keep it to football yeah?

anyone wondered what epl would look like without the foreign players, i think it will drastically become a different leauge, if there were foreign players in a squad like England im sure England would win most euro's...

I'm all for foreign quotas and I have been for years, even though I do agree with Arsene that it will hurt English football. Which sounds stupid but I'll explain why; I agree with him that you either have good enough players or you don't, and England don't. French players play in France, Italian players play in Italy, Spanish players play in Spain and they're all fantastic. Most English players, honestly (IMO), aren't.

But I don't feel that you have a connection with a club as a fan any more, it's called Manchester United (not picking on them, just an example), and yet there's very few players from Manchester in the team. Arsenal is French, Liverpool is Spanish, and I don't think it's right really. How are they your local club if none of the players are local? I know you've got Gerrard at Liverpool and that but I'm talking about the fact that if it wasn't for one or two stars there wouldn't be any local players in your local team.

So yeah, I'm all for the quotas, I'd even go as far as to say that it should include a "X players born and/or raised within X miles must be played" rule. The football would be poorer with less foreign talent but at the end of the day this is England and these are English clubs. It would get better because the system would have to change, the youth system and everything else that accompanies it.

I doubt anyone will agree but it's all about opinions isn't it? ;)

I'm all for foreign quotas and I have been for years, even though I do agree with Arsene that it will hurt English football. Which sounds stupid but I'll explain why; I agree with him that you either have good enough players or you don't, and England don't. French players play in France, Italian players play in Italy, Spanish players play in Spain and they're all fantastic. Most English players, honestly (IMO), aren't.

But I don't feel that you have a connection with a club as a fan any more, it's called Manchester United (not picking on them, just an example), and yet there's very few players from Manchester in the team. Arsenal is French, Liverpool is Spanish, and I don't think it's right really. How are they your local club if none of the players are local? I know you've got Gerrard at Liverpool and that but I'm talking about the fact that if it wasn't for one or two stars there wouldn't be any local players in your local team.

So yeah, I'm all for the quotas, I'd even go as far as to say that it should include a "X players born and/or raised within X miles must be played" rule. The football would be poorer with less foreign talent but at the end of the day this is England and these are English clubs. It would get better because the system would have to change, the youth system and everything else that accompanies it.

I doubt anyone will agree but it's all about opinions isn't it? ;)

I agree to this , if foreign players play in their countries and only english players in epl then im sure the England national team would improve drastically i personally don't think that current english players can play the same without the foreign players in epl at the moment everything will change and if epl becomes better or worse i dont know about that but im sure it will lower the standards, what makes epl is the mix of foreign and english styles.

I pity the England NT.I think they are a cursed side.Win or lose,they will get critised and battered.I watched the game last nite and to concede 2 goals the manner they did is the key to their downfall.The defence is in shambles throughout the game.I dont know how Lescott can start and Wayne Bridge was terrible.Dont even talk about Scott Carson,it was England's biggest game leading to the Euros and the manager starts a rookie keeper in goal...However hats off to them for managing a comeback through a dubious penalty and the superb Crouch.A good manager would have shored up his shaky defence by bringing on Hargreaves to replace Lampard or Gerrard.Nothing was done,England started to play fancy and got kicked in the teeth in the 78th minute.

Sigh.The Euros will not be the same without England to be honest but thats reality.A big shakeup has got to happen now in the FA and NT.I tell you,The FA has got to be blamed for this also,the pitch was pathetic.I mean,how could they allow Wembley to host the NFL game leading to England's biggest game??

I said after we drew with macedonia mclaren has to be sacked now or we will not qualify doesn't matter how good the side is if you make them play a way they are not used to they will struggle.
Soon as he changed it to 442 we looked dangerous the man is a muppet he should have started 442.
International football is so different to club football you cannot chop and change formations with a group of players that are only together every few months or longer.
National side you need to pick a formation and stick to it more or less it was painful watching
crouch head the ball down to empty space how that man was allowed to manage boro is beyond me let alone england.

As for the players not being good enough here is the thing with england and the difference.
Our first choice 11 is always very very good but we fall way behind others with their replacements.

AS EVER grass roots is what matters we needed to stop the kids being taught to play hard and all about being strong fast fitness early and focus on technique and style.
The B side players are not as good as other nations b side players.

Our first choice 11 is world class i have no doubt about that but you must play them 4-4-2 or they get confused as most are not very intelligent.

Would croatia have won this game with 5 of their best players missing ? or any other side in europe ? i don't think so not an excuse but worth thinking about that we had no
rooney owen rio terry ashley cole our 5 best players missing lets see how italy or france perform without henry saha gattuso tony pirlo you get the picture ?
take 5 of a sides best players out anywhere in the world and you have an average team IMO.
even dare i say it brazil ! take ronaldhino kaka etc and their other 3 best players away and see how they play ?

Last edited:
you didn't draw with andorra - that was macedonia...
But still, in that home game you probably should've collected 3 points.

I'd say Russia and England at the moment are two very average teams, and it just so happened that we've got luckier this time.

England have only themselves to blame and i thought Steve McClaren made a couple of crucial mistakes. 1 - why play rookie goalkeeper in a deciding match? David James has got tons of experience and the make-shift defence would've get confidence from him. 2 - and that's been said several times, but the formation was dead wrong. I wouldn't blame the players too much for this defeat.. you could see that everybody tried hard. It's just that they looked really out-of-sorts and confused in 4-5-1, and mentally were dead tired by the time it was 2:2. That's why they immediately sat back and got predictably punished for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom