EA SPORTS FC 24

"EA SPORTS FC is a symbol for a positive future of football, and that future will be built on providing young people with the access and tools necessary to gamble and purchase their dream FUT icons. We want to clean out their and their parent's bank accounts," said David Jackson, VP of Brand Marketing at EA SPORTS."

The guy's got a future in politics:

What are these limitations you're talking about with FIFA?

I think any time you employ a partner, there are a number of inherent limitations. FIFA has been an incredibly strong ally for us for 30 years. I think they authenticated our platform, right from the start, a long time ago. But over time, we felt that we were getting feedback from players who expected us to move in directions that maybe required us to have our own brand and our own intellectual property. So there are not necessarily limitations just in the game space, I think there are limitations in terms of our opportunity to provide a platform for younger players or to be able to bring the real world of soccer into our platform. Obviously, soccer is a very complex mix of rights and licensing. And if you want to leverage UEFA, the Premier League or the NWSL, you have to do it in a very democratic way when you borrow someone else's IP. Now that we have our own intellectual property, we can decide how best to meet the wants and needs of the players. And I think that creates a reduction of limitations, at least in our minds, even from a mindset perspective.

What a complete non-answer, just a bunch of blathering bullshit.

The plan will see investments over the next three years across multiple grassroots football projects. This announcement follows EA SPORTS’s new brand identity, logo and vision reveal for the interactive future of football: EA SPORTS FC.

“EA SPORTS FC is a symbol for a positive future of football, and that future will be built on providing young people with the access and tools necessary to follow their dreams,” said David Jackson, VP of Brand Marketing at EA SPORTS. “We are looking forward to partnering with football organisations and icons across the globe to inspire the next generation of young football fans and grow their love of the game.”

Today was the first of many FC FUTURES activations as EA SPORTS and the Football Foundation, the charity of The Premier League, The FA and UK Government unveiled the ‘Rocky and Wrighty Arena’ at Turnham Academy in South London. Opened by England legend Ian Wright, the pitch will provide additional football access for youth in the area and help inspire the next generation of players.

FC FUTURES will build a publicly available library of training practices, produced in five languages, that will be available later this year for young players and community coaches to view online and use for their training plans.

Additionally, FC FUTURES will provide community access to football by supporting the creation and refurbishment of pitches, facilitated and distributed through foundations, federations and leagues.

Lastly, FC FUTURES will invest in grassroots training accessories which will deliver football equipment in the form of balls, bibs, cones and wider essential equipment.

https://news.ea.com/press-releases/...bally-to-Grow-Community-Football/default.aspx
what about providing for the “not so young anymore‘s“?! 🤷‍♂️

edit: maybe there is a senior version coming. 😂
EA FC Kindergarten Edition, a game for the young guns. All that FUT and stuff…
EA FC Nursing Home Edition, a game for the football purists. 😊

what about providing for the “not so young anymore‘s“?! 🤷‍♂️

edit: maybe there is a senior version coming. 😂
EA FC Kindergarten Edition, a game for the young guns. All that FUT and stuff…
EA FC Nursing Home Edition, a game for the football purists. 😊
No chance on this planet or any other. It will be 100% aimed at the FUT crowd with the same 20 goals per game, non-functional midfield aimed at the Gen Z ESPN Highlight Reel crowd.

I prefer a deeper career mode than that.

The '5 signings per transfer window' sounds great to me - obviously dependent on how frequent those windows are. Slower progression and team building is more rewarding than the instant gratification of current online modes.

The Master League Online implementation in PES 2011 nailed this and is my favourite team building experience in any football game. (excluding Football Manager)

It forced you to make the most out of the limitation of the starting players at your disposal, before slowly building and adding to your squad for more expansive styles of play. It gave proper team identity and sense of attachment to certain players, with a noticeable impact when eventually landing higher quality players.

Of course the problem with this as a business model is it disincentives player turnover, and ultimately pack purchases. Very doubtful it will be anything like this given the millions in revenue EA would be leaving on the table.

I don't begrudge the EA developers for that as that's the core market, but just wished someone else would step in to fill the other niche for simulation players. We need an equivalent like ARMA is to CoD, or Assetto Corsa is to Need For Speed.

🔹EA are putting full focus in EA SPORTS FC Gameplay.

• Hypermotion System via Frostbite Engine.
  • Hundreds of new animations being worked on.
  • Passing Realism.
  • Engaging with manager in game.
  • New throw ins.
  • new fitness & running style all being worked on.

This Fut twitter account said a lot of bullshit in the past to have followers so I have no hope for the vanilla core gameplay of EAFC. It will be fast, fast and fast with goal, goal and goal.

I hope to be wrong🤞

🔹EA are putting full focus in EA SPORTS FC Gameplay.

• Hypermotion System via Frostbite Engine.
  • Hundreds of new animations being worked on.
  • Passing Realism.
  • Engaging with manager in game.
  • New throw ins.
  • new fitness & running style all being worked on.

The game doesn't need new animations. It needs good animations implementation. Something grounded, with proper physics. Because what we have now is an eyesore.

I think absolute best case scenario we get some kind of 'assisted defending' toggle that would remove 1v1 for offline. Chances of this - very, very slim I would say.
Yes i only want an option like the old FIFA : simulation or arcade. You choose simulation and inertia, ball physics, slow speed, air fights, tackles, faults, crosses, smart CPU are back, i will be happy.

New animations are worthless if the players are just gonna glide and skate all over the pitch without even lifting their feet again.
Yeah. Correct posture of body parts. This „simple“ feature would make a hell of a difference how the player experiences the whole thing.
but I think, you just can’t implement it without realism in gameplay to follow though. 😉

Why is there no news or previews about the release of this game. We usually have something by now. Just interested to see what is in the works.

Why is there no news or previews about the release of this game. We usually have something by now. Just interested to see what is in the works.
There are tidbits of news coming out all of the time.

For example, seems like one of the key reasons EA broke up with FIFA is to be able to include their own choice of NFTs rather than FIFA's:

EA SPORTS and Nike join forces to sell .SWOOSH NFTs in EA SPORTS FC

So it's not just FUT you can throw your wallet at. Woohoo! Can't wait! To be disgusted at the constant monetisation of as many elements as possible at the expense of any work going into the gameplay.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, football games will never be football games again - only action-packed fruit-machines designed to spin you through your money as quickly as you can spend it. Do not expect a good football game ever again and you will not be disappointed.

I'll shut up and drop this video which dives a little deeper into when the rot set in:

Back on-topic... All of the EASFC ads - as well as gaming media sources - say "more in July", so that's when you can expect the next official announcement.

For example, seems like one of the key reasons EA broke up with FIFA is to be able to include their own choice of NFTs rather than FIFA's:

So it's not just FUT you can throw your wallet at. Woohoo! Can't wait! To be disgusted at the constant monetisation of as many elements as possible at the expense of any work going into the gameplay.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, football games will never be football games again - only action-packed fruit-machines designed to spin you through your money as quickly as you can spend it. Do not expect a good football game ever again and you will not be disappointed.

I'll shut up and drop this video which dives a little deeper into when the rot set in:

Back on-topic... All of the EASFC ads - as well as gaming media sources - say "more in July", so that's when you can expect the next official announcement.
Such a pessimist..
EA are rebranding the game to bring a full blown simulation with realistic animations and more realistic passing.

The futures bright the futures EA.

Such a pessimist..
EA are rebranding the game to bring a full blown simulation with realistic animations and more realistic passing.

I can only talk for myself but I try to be an optimistic realist. 😊
…sadly, i have to be with Chris on this one.

If you go back to the stuff about EA breaking up with FIFA, it was definitely about including different content under one brand, to make it more than a “football game” this is depressing.

Such a pessimist..

Pretty sure that shows why bs is in you're name. It will never be "full blown simulation". The money, spending kids and pros won't take that.

Tbf to EA, its a difficult job. Trying to cater to the arcade, speed-loving, ping-pong excitement players and those of us who want a slightly slower, build-up, tactical real-world game. How the hell do you make a game that does both?

Pretty sure that shows why bs is in you're name. It will never be "full blown simulation". The money, spending kids and pros won't take that.

Tbf to EA, its a difficult job. Trying to cater to the arcade, speed-loving, ping-pong excitement players and those of us who want a slightly slower, build-up, tactical real-world game. How the hell do you make a game that does both?
They definitely have the resources to do so. It's just that the ROI would not be worth it.

By doing two different games without that much development effort. Many consumers would probably end buying the 2 versions anyway.

I'm pretty sure @bsmaff was being very sarcastic 😅

Back
Top Bottom