CW to be removed from staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said it wasn't a big deal Christ almighty.

Sorry I thought when you said this....

Gotta say I can't believe such a big deal is being made ...

....that you meant it wasn't a big deal.

In my Years usually if something is a big deal then people seem to make a big deal about it?

So I thought that if you said that you can't believe why people are making a big deal about it - that meant that it wasn't a big deal.

I stand Corrected.

Can't agree with Kezz or Mart. This place just gets worse and worse. With decisions like this you lose the respect of some of the veterans here and while I'm sure new members are important to you, its the ones that have been here longest which do all the posting. I'm with Tim on this.

I must say that i tend to agree with Bleu4life.
Of course this must be a serious blow, to what i would call "the lads". (funny, somebody in said that CW will always be "one of the lads").
I don't like "the lads" that much, but that must be cultural. The lads are typically English and this being an English forum, and i being a foreigner, i should leave that alone...
I have the impression that this forum has become much more "English" the last year and i personally liked it more when it was less "English".

Of course "English" is not an accurate description, but it is the only way i can define it...i have nothing against "English" on the contrary...

Can't agree with Kezz or Mart. This place just gets worse and worse. With decisions like this you lose the respect of some of the veterans here and while I'm sure new members are important to you, its the ones that have been here longest which do all the posting. I'm with Tim on this.

I strongely disagree...lots of the veterans are gone anyway (which is a pity).
And it is because this place gets worse and worse that Kezz or Mart decided to do something.
Kezz is not always the most popular person on this forum, but he is one hell of a mod and i deeply respect him for what he did. I rarely discuss with him (never as a matter of fact), but as a mod i admire him...

Personally i think that lately some newer mods were rather under par and i think that CW had lost his touch a litle bit too...maybe he can come back as a mod or administrator after some kind of sabbatical and he will be happy. Maybe CW should be happy that he isn't mod or admin anymore. I personally would never do it (and yes i was asked once...i refused because i don't like it and i would be a very bad mod).

I must say that i tend to agree with Bleu4life.
Of course this must be a serious blow, to what i would call "the lads". (funny, somebody in said that CW will always be "one of the lads").
I don't like "the lads" that much, but that must be cultural. The lads are typically English and this being an English forum, and i being a foreigner, i should leave that alone...
I have the impression that this forum has become much more "English" the last year and i personally liked it more when it was less "English".

Of course "English" is not an accurate description, but it is the only way i can define it...i have nothing against "English" on the contrary...

I think that when he said 'One of the lads' he was refering to the community as a whole.

When you are in an English Forum you tend to have more English. But 'the lads' seem to be pretty diverse I feel. With American - Portuguese - Spanish - Italian etc

Why don't you like them?

Well I take "the lads" to be the ones who regularly post on the chatbox. As Bobby said, it's not really all English at all with American's, French, Portuguese, Italian and other nationalities who post regularly.

I strongely disagree...lots of the veterans are gone anyway (which is a pity).
And it is because this place gets worse and worse that Kezz or Mart decided to do something.
Kezz is not always the most popular person on this forum, but he is one hell of a mod and i deeply respect him for what he did. I rarely discuss with him (never as a matter of fact), but as a mod i admire him...

Personally i think that lately some newer mods were rather under par and i think that CW had lost his touch a litle bit too...maybe he can come back as a mod or administrator after some kind of sabbatical and he will be happy. Maybe CW should be happy that he isn't mod or admin anymore. I personally would never do it (and yes i was asked once...i refused because i don't like it and i would be a very bad mod).
I agree with Gerd on most of his points. I dont think CW has lost his touch though, I think he has had a lot to deal with (me included with my issues) and that is tough, he cant make the right choice to please everyone and he has got to think about what is best for Evo Web.

I have to say a BIG sorry once again to CW because if what happened before with me highlighted this in anyway then im really sorry this has happened. Same goes to all the regular lads like Joe, Bobby, Tim, Grim etc...

I must live under a rock because i don't think ive ever seen any mods being cocks on here - ive seen a few arguments and heated discussions here and there as well but nothing that has turned me away from here... if anything id say ive started posting a lot more recently because i saw mods posting in topics as much as members did.

I always hate forums where they have mods but you never see them do anything and when they do show up they're lifeless souls with no opinions of their own.

Also I feel that the post that you made Mart doesn't do justice to CW - You should have given abit more recognition to CW about what he has done for Evo-Web - instead of the one sentance saying that 'what has happened, doesn't take away from what CW has done for the site' (Something along those lines).

I think it does take away something - It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
Just to address this, it was CW's decision to publicise the situation like this. I haven't made any announcement yet at all. I've only posted to try and explain that a hard decision has been made. To take my post as my only dedication to CW would be wrong and unfair.

Why don't you like them?

Don't like them is exagerated...
To me they are like a herd of sheeps...it seems as if they all think the same way..it's so out and out ENGLISH (and not that i have something against Englishness or English people, please don't think that)...sometimes they remind me of some stereotypical English people portrayed by Monty Phyton...

In jack bauers's PM to me that is very clear: jack referred to a reaction in a certain thread that would not make him popular by some people (the lads...).

To me CW is the archetype of that group...

Oh and i am a really big fan of Stringer Bell...he is the opposite of that group...more cosmopolitan (that does sound pompous).

Ah well, maybe it's all in my head... it's not that important.

In jack bauers's PM to me that is very clear: jack referred to a reaction in a certain thread that would not make him popular by some people (the lads...).
Thanks for that Gerd. :lol:

This is going back to an insulting post that wasn't deleted and the user not warned, yet another user posted an insult and found his post deleted and received a warning. I'm not going to name names because there's enough drama going on today without raking up what's happened in the past. But, I suspected that the original poster had got away with it because he was "friendly" with one or two of the mods/admins. I wasn't two-faced about it, I spoke to one of those mods/admins and asked why he hadn't been warned and yet the other person had, and their response was that he had been "warned over MSN", at which point I dropped it. I raised the issue, I was responded to, so I left it alone.

I also said to you that I have a job now so I am visiting less, and caring less about some of the battles that are going on. I come here to read about gaming news and post about gaming news, but it seems like every week there is something, about "the booyaa boys" or "the hairbear bunch" or whatever, and now this - although obviously this is the more "serious" because someone who has dedicated years of time and effort to the site is leaving their position. I don't agree with everything that's gone on since I've been here but thanks to getting the job and getting a life (kind of, I still play games more often than anyone else I know), I've learnt to do my job and let everyone else do theirs, and talk to the people I enjoy talking to along the way. I've met some good people on here and I hope to meet more in the future.

Last edited:
People don't see the ins and outs of the forums that Mart, Kezz and the rest see, so how anyone can say its a wrong or right decision is ridiculous

I dunno why CW felt the need to make a thread about it as well because its just gonna make it even worse with people asking for an explanation when one isn't needed

All these changes, me included are needed because the forums are going downhill. Hopefully a fresh start will sort em out

BTW i aint blaming CW for all this, im just saying a whole new approach and changes across the board will benefit the site and hopefully get it back to how it used to be

People don't see the ins and outs of the forums that Mart, Kezz and the rest see, so how anyone can say its a wrong or right decision is ridiculous

I dunno why CW felt the need to make a thread about it as well because its just gonna make it even worse with people asking for an explanation when one isn't needed

All these changes, me included are needed because the forums are going downhill. Hopefully a fresh start will sort em out

BTW i aint blaming CW for all this, im just saying a whole new approach and changes across the board will benefit the site and hopefully get it back to how it used to be

A few/couple of mods have said that it came out of nowhere and they haven't seen anything that may suggest CW leaving?

This and along with the fact CW doesn't seem too happy about it - Makes people think that it is unfair.

I think CW has a right to be a bit pissed off about it myself and should have started a Thread.

The Site has gone a little Downhill - because of PES being shit and alot of people not being interested in it any more. That along with Fifa coming into the frame and then people arguing about that etc

I think this may have been the catalyst - I really don't think it has anything to do with the Mods etc

Thats just my opinion - I know I don't know half the Details (Or even a quarter :)) ) I just go with what I'm given ;))

I like my Mods to be opinionated and get involved like yourself and CW et al. It gives you all a more human face and I think Enhances the experience of coming on here.

I think Joe has a point, the downfall of pes has started the new breed of pesfan/evo-web member. Therefore a lot of petty arguements, before when fifa was shit, whenever someone on here came along saying fifa was good, they were laughed at or treated as mentally retarded. Now the same fans have a point the pesfans get touchy and arguements happen.

Doesnt make a difference to me about CW, he was a good moderator IMO, but the staff's loss is the members gain.

I came to this site after registering at pesfan, after a while i got bored of the shit with the no swearing, talk nicely, dont voice an opinion etc etc. The referees are seen as gods, and as JB said, there are a lot of double standards given to people who post utter shit all day, but get away ith it becuase they are high posters.

EVOWEB is a release from the drivel of pesfan, where you can give your opinion and say what you want.

I hope this isnt the start of the downfall of Evoweb - best pesfan site around.

Unlucky Chris, your obviously pissed. but as i said, as long as you dont leave completely, marts loss is our gain.

And surely a proper announcement should have been made if a member of the moderators is stepping down? Rather than leave it to the pissed off moderator to voice his frustrations first? Surely this would have been more controlled no?

Last edited:
People have to act accordingly if there a mod or admin

i didn't and CW hasn't of late. Dont get me wrong CW has done a sterling job over the years and without him the site wouldn't have the stature it has now

i think its better for both of us to return to being normal members, its no big deal nobody died :))

oh man im sorry cw is gone, but i really was looking tat this thread to see dermots post, LOL. This forum can never go away, no matter what. It is the greatest forum i have ever been apart of, and its because of the great characters on here, and not even the game we all love so much. Cheers CW, I will drink some apple juice for you tonight(cause i know you dont drink the sauce)

Wow cant believed ive missed this thread, iam totally stunned :-ll All i can really comment on as im not sure of the ins and outs of the situation is that Chris has been a amazing memeber of staff on the board from the old memory cards and patching days to the continued and excellent predicts!

CW :salute:

would be an idea to close the thread that should never have been started, cw gets no sympathy vote from me i think its pathetic to start a thread about this.....i dont know who he is or any mod admin for that matter as im not interested in making online buddies. i have plenty in the real world.

would be an idea to close the thread that should never have been started, cw gets no sympathy vote from me i think its pathetic to start a thread about this.....i dont know who he is or any mod admin for that matter as im not interested in making online buddies. i have plenty in the real world.

Well go and spend some time with them then and give us all a rest :ROLL:

The reason why its three pages long is because other people see him as a 'buddy'. I do feel this thread should be closed.

Well go and spend some time with them then and give us all a rest :ROLL:

That was a lot politer than I would have been Bobster, well done.

And surely a proper announcement should have been made if a member of the moderators is stepping down? Rather than leave it to the pissed off moderator to voice his frustrations first? Surely this would have been more controlled no?
Agreed and one will be but CW wanted to post and I saw no reason to stop him. A bit of venting does everyone good in the end.

Also CW is not being banned in anyway and I hope he sticks around. The impression I got last night was that he will be here and running the predicts game still. Whether that's changed or not I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking decision, won't do any good whatsoever.

Oh well, I suppose the other admins don't care about the member's opinions much - 99% of us want CW to stay as an admin because we respect him as a good admin and a nice guy whereas the 1% (other admins and some overreacting members) have this happen to him.

Someone who has been here almost from day one, constantly making good posts and contributing well to the forum as well as probably some other stuff to do with the site which we don't see (technical stuff) just gone... It's crazy.

Evo-Web has lost it's best admin, and also one of, if not the best moderator in Tim...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom