CW to be removed from staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to see how someone browsing the site for the first time can be put off from here? And how CW has a negative effect on that?

I saw someone attacking a post of CWs last week and asking if he was fit to be a mod here. I don't know where it was, but I thought it was a bit OTT.

I don't want the staff of this site to be seen in anything other than a respectable light.

Thanks for responding Mart but I fail to see how anyone could see CW as anything other than respectable. There is obviously more to this than you are letting on.

Shocked, so shocked by this.

:SHOCK:

I thought CW was one of the founders?!!

Maybe its because you made your own smiley CW - Mart got Jealous that he didn't have one?

I think Evo-Web gets the people and the strong community through having people like CW. Someone with a Personality, that has a laugh and interacts with the Evo-Web members.

Where as some mods distance themselves from other members - CW I feel was not only a Mod/Admin Whatever - He was a True member, that cares greatly about this site.

I don't see how having CW step down is any way beneficial to the site - I think it just adds to the whole feeling of all the shit that has been happening recently.

I think CW has been tarred with a brush - that other, over zealous, hot headed members - have been spouting off about and overacting about certain situations.

I really don't know Mart, I know he keeps the site going and puts in alot of effort into this site aswell on the techinical side and you have to have respect for that.......But Getting rid of somebody like CW that has been on this site from day 1, I can't agree with.

Also I feel that the post that you made Mart doesn't do justice to CW - You should have given abit more recognition to CW about what he has done for Evo-Web - instead of the one sentance saying that 'what has happened, doesn't take away from what CW has done for the site' (Something along those lines).

I think it does take away something - It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Wow, excellent post. I FULLY agree with EVERYTHING Bobby says.

Even the smiley.

I think it's time for me, too, to drop by and shed some light on what, understandably, appears to be shocking news for the most of you and our mod team, too.

I know how hard it was for Mart to come to this decision as we've had a discussion about it before he ultimately told Chris. Rest assured, we're both not happy about how things turned out. I don't think I need to explain what Chris and his efforts mean to my personal relationship to this site, he's always been Mister Evo-Web for me and I'm sure that what happened now isn't gonna change that, at all.

As for the exact reasons, I don't want to go into the details because there's always staff related things happening behind the curtain which is invisible to the eyes of our userbase. But there were some incidents in the past few months which simply added up to the point where people are forced to make unpopular decisions. I know most of you still cannot respect this decision, but at least please try to show some understanding. It was definitely the hardest decision Mart had to make in the history of Evo-Web. Please trust me, I wouldn't say this if I thought there were still some other possibilities remaining. But, unfortunately, there were no other possibilities.

In the end, it's not about "getting rid" of one of the most respected members of this place. Truth spoken, it's far, far from it, because we all know that this site wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for CW.

Please trust me, I wouldn't say this if I thought there were still some other possibilities remaining. But, unfortunately, there were no other possibilities.

What did he do? Murder one of the members?!!

Anyway - I guess we will never know the reasons. But I find it hard to imagine a situation where this was the only option.

But I know nothing - I don't even know CW really. But It just seems like a real shame that this had to happen.

Woah. Didn't see that coming. :|

For those concocting the conspiracy theories already ;), I think I speak for all the staff when I say we didn't see this coming, it wasn't even being hinted about (unless I'm really, really slow). Totally out of the blue.

Hard to take it all in really!

What did he do? Murder one of the members?!!
:-$

I think it's time for me, too, to drop by and shed some light on what, understandably, appears to be shocking news for the most of you and our mod team, too.

I know how hard it was for Mart to come to this decision as we've had a discussion about it before he ultimately told Chris. Rest assured, we're both not happy about how things turned out. I don't think I need to explain what Chris and his efforts mean to my personal relationship to this site, he's always been Mister Evo-Web for me and I'm sure that what happened now isn't gonna change that, at all.

As for the exact reasons, I don't want to go into the details because there's always staff related things happening behind the curtain which is invisible to the eyes of our userbase. But there were some incidents in the past few months which simply added up to the point where people are forced to make unpopular decisions. I know most of you still cannot respect this decision, but at least please try to show some understanding. It was definitely the hardest decision Mart had to make in the history of Evo-Web. Please trust me, I wouldn't say this if I thought there were still some other possibilities remaining. But, unfortunately, there were no other possibilities.

In the end, it's not about "getting rid" of one of the most respected members of this place. Truth spoken, it's far, far from it, because we all know that this site wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for CW.
I really can't agree with this, CW hasn't even been warned or even had his conduct mentioned before, it's just inexplicable. You said it yourself, "CW is Mr Evo Web", so as Bobby says, unless he's fucking killed someone it seems ridiculous to remove him, probably over some erroneous claims by one or two forum member who love to play the victim all the time.

I wish to step down as Moderator with immediate effect. Please remove my status.

:SHAKE:

Apparently I haven't been conducting myself the way an Admin should and Mart has decided that I should no longer be in control of the forums

well why dont you stop being a child and take it on the chin like beckham does, fs it aint the end of the world mate , at the end of the day its just blokes typing bullshit day in day out like i do. Its just another internet forum.

furthermore to post this and make such a big deal about it is very unprofessional of you , just listen to all the cronies behaving like some ones been murdered.
this is nothing to do with me and all the other balloons, this should have been kept quiet as to not damage evo-web.

Last edited:
Whilst not being mildly abusive, I do see where Blue4life is coming from. The opening post did seem rather like schoolground banter, although when pride or passion about working for so long on the site comes into it, you can expect kneejerk reactions off folk. CW has a big following here evidently but I hope it wasn't worded like so to invite hatred towards Mart, that would be childish.

If people are going to be stepping down in spite of the CW farewell too, as a member I'd wave goodbye and say thanks but no thanks. There's a site to get back to it's best here.

...at the end of the Euro Championships.

Yes thats right folks I have been asked to leave the staff from the end of the Euros as my conduct is apparently unbefitting of an Admin. I will not even be kept on the staff as a Mod.

My time here has been great and I have enjoyed reading most of the posts here over the last 7 years but according to the powers that be my time has come to an end and I should move on.

I would also like to say a big fuck you to those that have pissed me off but I have been too polite to tell you to fuck off and leave me alone.

I will still be around just without the power to do anything

Thank you and goodnight

you will always be one of the lads first and foremost, so fuck moderating or being an admin on this site, you have always been good at your moderating etc while keeping a repour with people

their loss, our gain

grass is greener on the other side

Can't believe people are blaming others personally. School playground comes to mind.:? Gotta say I can't believe such a big deal is being made [this topic for starters] because it's only a forum, and it's not like he's leaving for good or anything. I have to say agree with everything blue4life said, although I would have said it in a milder way. I ain't been here long so I don't know too much though...

Can't believe people are blaming others personally. School playground comes to mind.:? Gotta say I can't believe such a big deal is being made [this topic for starters] because it's only a forum, and it's not like he's leaving for good or anything. I have to say agree with everything blue4life said, although I would have said it in a milder way. I ain't been here long so I don't know too much though...

I think it is quite a big deal - when you have started something up and built something up over a 7 year period and then it is taken away by someone else?

If you put alot of time and effort into something for 7 years and then someone said that you had to go - would that not piss you off?

Over the 7 years CW has made alot of Friends and people that respect him for doing what he has done - so thats why this thread was started and why some people are a bit annoyed by what has happened.

So I think it is quite a big deal.

I never said it wasn't a big deal Christ almighty. It is a big deal to a certain point, and I understand TO A POINT that people will be upset. I just think a lot of the reactions are way over the top like "OMFG IF HE GOES I GO LOL" because he's only and admin on a forum, on the internet, not a god. He hasn't been banned, he'll still be here, still be the same person. I appreciate what he's done here (Will has told me how long he's been here and what not) but it's someone elses decision may it be a hard one or not, I don't care who the mods and admins are as long as there's not flaming/personal attacks or arguing all the time, because this places seems to have a lot of decent people here and it's a nice busy place which is pretty hard to find these days. That's just my opinion anyway, nobody will probably care haha oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom