[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

Unfortunately BF3 went trough phases, and this current phase is one of the worsts.
First it was the IRNV scopes, then the USAS, then some balanced awesome gameplay, then the custom servers and unbalanced teams, now everybody found out how powerful a medic train is and its all AEKs. Unless you are in a vehicle map, then its everyone lurking with RPGs, no one even use tanks anymore.

Really odd how that has the smoke and debris and looked really atmospheric when the other looked really flat, stale and like current gen.

I'm leaning towards the other video actually bring ps3

I too miss Bad Company but 64 players is enough for me to skip the PS3 version.

Providing next gen is the full PC version you certainly won't be disappointed, I can't put into words how much better the PC version of BF3 is compared to the console version, it really is two completely different games.

The pop-in on the 360 BF4 beta is horrendous. You can see people in the distance that look like they're just crouching in the open, then scope in and they're behind big objects... Also the texture streaming is horrible.

Perhaps it's down to it just being the beta, but still the 360/PS3 do a massive disservice to the quality of Battlefield - the sooner this gen is binned the better.

Whenever I see a decent game being played on PC at ultra settings at 1080p while running at a smooth and uninterrupted 60fps it makes me regret buying a 360 plus all the games... I could have bought, maintained and upgraded a fairly well specced PC and had as many good games for probably less (due to games generally costing less/Steam sales) but in much higher quality with higher player counts online...

Battlefield is very much a PC series, it was obvious that many of the BF3 maps were designed for 64 players and were boring with the 24 player cap on 360/PS3... BF4 is going to be 60fps with 64 players on PS4 apparently which is nice, but when it gets to the same point in the PS4/XB1 lifecycle as BF3 was to the 360/PS3 (5/6 years in) then these same types of limitations compared to PC versions are surely going to pop up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, 90% cpu usage playing the bf4 beta on PC here :/

Also, have you seen how much its going to cost for BF4 on PC?

£44.99 for the digital download, plus £39.99 for BF4 Premium (BF4 premium does not contain the original game!!)

EA are such money grabbing arseholes.

£44.99 for the digital download, plus £39.99 for BF4 Premium (BF4 premium does not contain the original game!!)

Loads of people are currently having issues on BF4 PC, but those having them at the moment don't meet or just meet the recommended system specs.

You can get offers for BF4, one company is selling the game and premium for £55, you can get it for £30 quite easily online. Or you can do what I am going to do and buy the Russian Region free version for £22.

Yup, next gen console version will cost £50 for the game and £40 for Premium. £90 for one game.

Not sure I'll bother, I didn't enjoy BF3 half as much as I did Bad Company. Shame it seems EA have arrived on the scene and all but binned that series.

I sampled the beta (PS3) today (Conquest), the map is very big and can feel empty at times, this is where 64 players comes into play.

The controls have changed slightly, I like :r2: as the new spot button, hopefully many people will hit by accident and start to make use of it.

I enjoyed my sample, will go back for more tonight.

I sampled the beta (PS3) today (Conquest), the map is very big and can feel empty at times, this is where 64 players comes into play.

The controls have changed slightly, I like :r2: as the new spot button, hopefully many people will hit by accident and start to make use of it.

I enjoyed my sample, will go back for more tonight.

64 players is great, but don't forget the PC maps are triple the size of the maps on current gen consoles.

saDxDh9.png

Pretty crazy...

The 360 beta is running minumum spec and a lot of effects turned off. Not sure why, but it's clear to see as soon as you play it that it's nowhere near the finished product that we've seen in videos etc.

Unplayable for me on my little PC :(

My CPU is pretty bad (i3 2100) and it seems to be very CPU intensive.

PC version isn't running fully yet either.

When I play it you can tell it isn't using AA properly and it only has low res textures enabled at the moment.

Battlefield 4 has over 12GB of additional install options on Xbox 360, DICE recommends them
Battlefield 4 has a mandatory 2GB install on Xbox 360, and over 12GB of additional installations should you wish to use them. DICE recommends doing them, however.

In an update posted on the EA Blog, DICE confirmed the mandatory 2GB install and added that Battlefield 4′s first disc houses the multiplayer, and offers an optional 6.6 GB of content, while the second campaign disc holds 5.8 GB of content.

You can choose to run these off the disc, but the blog continues, “We highly recommend performing these additional installations to make sure you have the best experience possible in Battlefield 4.”

Better start clearing your hard drive space if you want the best experience folks.

I can't wait for it actually. XBOne with BF4 and Fifa 14 on launch.

Brilliant.

I'm still interested to see how Watchdogs develops because that's a launch title too.

It became playable for me on PC after an update. I have to say I absolutely love the map from the beta, every class seems to have a role.

Back
Top Bottom