[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

That sounds like EA. they're probably also hoping people will end up buying twice, one for current gen, one for next gen too.

The closer we get to the next consoles the more I'll be picking and choosing which platform I'll get games for. If something's coming out on PS4 then I'll wait for that instead.

No-one can tell at the minute show different it is, but the Frostbite 3.0 engine, you'd imagine, should be much better. Hopefully it will mean building destruction will build upon what they had in the Bad Company games (where it played a reallly good tactical element in BC2's Rush mode), as BF3 has virtually no destruction at all.

It's bound to look like BF3. What can they fundamentally change to make it look not at all similar? BF3 trailer looked like BC2 tbh. It's like folk complaining that fifa 13 looks just like fifa 12. You don't say?

17 minutes or so of scripted single player campaign is not worth making notes about. The game on a whole will be epic.

EA have come out and confirmed the demo was running on the unreleased AMD 7990 GFX card.

So looks like I will have to upgrade my GFX cards again to run this at 1080p at 60FPS.

Last edited:
The first footage of EA’s Battlefield 4 running on Ultra settings on PC has been released online.

As it’s powered by the Frostbite 3 engine, Battlefield 4 will comfortably scale across all platforms. As such, the PC’s Ultra settings will be above and beyond what prospective PS4 and Xbox One owners will be seeing – and obviously leaps and bounds ahead of the current-gen releases.

Truth be told, though, the multiplayer footage below doesn’t seem to be a huge evolution from what we saw in Battlefield 3.

The main difference is probably the particle effects and the amount of debris floating about. Single player footage is likely to show off the game’s more spectacular video effects.

Here’s the video:

YouTube - BATTLEFIELD 4: Exclusive PC Gameplay - Knife Rivals

Download a high quality version of the trailer:

http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_30577_1_en.html

New game modes:

BSH6KM-CAAARHUP.png

Last edited:
I liked this map design, seems pretty balanced for the lots of players experience, everything well distributed.
The ship thing worked well too. I just don't like the commander, we must have an option to turn them off on the server settings.

Well crap, hope it's got good AA.

iwcKRwu.png

Still, I prefer 720p60 than 1080p30

According to IGN they were very disappointed and 'worried' about BF4 on PS4.

"From the moment I sat down, I was surprisingly underwhelmed by the visuals. Instead of the crisp, detailed textures I've encountered this week on the PC version or other next-gen shooter titles, Battlefield 4 on PS4 looked soft and muddled. Wall textures looked half-finished, lacking some of the smaller material nuances or 3D variation. Environmental destruction was more extensive than Battlefield 3 and explosions would send larger chunks of buildings into the air, but once again, the particles looked dull. Weapon models looked great at the hip, but as soon as I raised them to look down the iron sights or scopes, imperfections became apparent."

"Another contributing factor was resolution. While EA and DICE have not confirmed what resolution the game will run at on next-gen consoles, for the purposes of this demo, it was running at a resolution higher than 720p, but not 1080p. Though the difference between the two formats may not be recognizable to more casual players, after spending the week checking out games running natively at 1080p, it was readily apparent to me.

As uninspiring as my demo was visually, it's also important to remember that we are still months away from Battlefield 4's release. It's clearly a work in progress. And most importantly, the game itself is still very much a blast to play. But if today's demonstration is any indication, DICE's commitment to supporting 64-player games and maintaining a solid 60 FPS on next-gen consoles could very well come at the cost of visual fidelity, and as a franchise renowned for its state-of-the-art graphics, it's an unexpected compromise."

Tbh I just think they have not finished it yet, and were probably using an older build and the textures might have been half finished.

Back
Top Bottom