[Current/Next Gen] Battlefield 4

Battlefield 4: launch game modes confirmed
Battlefield developer DICE has confirmed the game modes that will ship with Battlefield 4 in November.

In a post on the official Battlefield blog, DICE confirmed that the shooter will launch with seven game modes, two of which are new to the series.

The modes include series regulars like Conquest, Rush, Team Deathmatch, Squad Deathmatch, Domination, while adding two new game modes.

The new modes include:

Obliteration, where two teams face off on medium-sized battlegrounds where one bomb spawns in a random central location and the goal is to pick up the bomb and arm it at one of the enemy’s three military installations.
Defuse, where players don’t have any re-spawns at all for an even tighter and quicker infantry-only game mode.
DICE also confirmed the game will launch with ten multiplayer maps, and all game modes will be playable on all of them.

Battlefield 4 will be available on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC October 29 in North America and November 1 in Europe. PS4 and Xbox One will launch when the consoles drop.

Glad to see all maps support all modes.
It was such a piss take when they released dlc and it was just the same maps but with the other game modes unlocked

Some nice bits in there, the reload animation thing for example, the mobility of the devices, the loads of accesories.

It looks like its going to be a great game again, with balanced gameplay and what I loved the most about BF3, that they've adjusted things after the release to make it better, remember the old IRNV scope.

As greedy as companies are today, and the whole premium thing may seem wrong, they caring about little details is amazing.

I'm guessing SP will be the usual 4-5 hour tacked on rubbish?

Supposedly not. When the first single player trailer came out, they said they wanted to carry the multiplayer experience to the single player campaign, because, after all, that's what makes Battlefield so special.

So maybe it's still 4-5 hours, but not rubbish.

Aha cool, yeah I was a bit unfair to call it rubbish, I played BF3 and its SP was pretty fun.

Assuming the PS4 still allows purchase sharing I'd be up to buying the PS4 version on release day to share with someone? That way I pay half price for the SP :)

Amazon.co.uk have Battlefield 4 listed for £40 which comes with Official Prima eGuide and China Rising Multiplayer Expansion Pack if anyone is looking for prices.

The textures look really dull though. And where are the loose sheets of paper blowing in the wind that they showed months ago? I know we're getting more players this time but I expect more than that for next gen, at least graphics on par with a decent pc. This really just looks like a PS3 game but with more players.

Bit disappointing.

Well, that's supposed to be a very early build. Let's wait and see.

DriveClub and Killzone made significant progress during development, from the early builds to the most recent ones.

Also, don't forget that they usually showcase the game with £2000 PCs...

The textures look really dull though. And where are the loose sheets of paper blowing in the wind that they showed months ago? I know we're getting more players this time but I expect more than that for next gen, at least graphics on par with a decent pc. This really just looks like a PS3 game but with more players.

Bit disappointing.

First world problems eh?

Yup. It's £50 I could put to something else that really shouts out 'next gen' instead. Does that make it any less of a valid issue for you?

Yup. It's £50 I could put to something else that really shouts out 'next gen' instead. Does that make it any less of a valid issue for you?

Have you tried BF3 on PC?

I would not judge the game on the crappy poor quality videos about at the moment.

You will notice a huge difference between next gen and current gen in regards to gameplay, also with the bags not blowing around in the wind and such that might just be pointless shite to keep the game running at 60FPS.
If you love BF the next gen version really will feel like the only real next gen game for quite a while, as games like AC4 and Watch Dogs will just be current gen games with better graphics.

No I've never played the PC versions. I've seen videos though.

I can't see how the gameplay will be hugely different. Surely it's the same game underneath? And with no bags blowing around and other 'pointless shite' it will feel really bare bones and basic to look at as it appears to in that video and how people said a while back it looked.

I did like BF3 at first. But then the community just became crap spamming laser sights to blind you and relying on all the cheap guns and bunny hopping and a real lack of vehicles for the defending sides. Like you'd get 1 anti air vehicle but the enemy would have 2 choppers. It was fun attacking but terrible defending. Then they went and made it even worse by making mines vanish on death and removing the servers and then the custom servers are just riddled with idiots who kick you as soon as you kill the host.

BF isn't really a game that I would ever say I enjoyed playing though. There's a constant feeling of helplessness in there. Either from spawning miles away from the action and being killed by enemy snipers on a hill nearby or finding your team stuck in a bottle neck where the game boils down to spam grenades until the timer runs out.
It's like for every game you play and things go well and the teams are nicely balanced... you'll have to play for 3 hours in shite games where the enemy just walk over you or your team walk over them and you never see the action.

Oh I'll get in a tank and take out that other tank over there... oh wait someone's already took it and has parked it at our spawn to take shots at men in the distance. Oh well I'll grab the chopper and transport a bunch of us to... no wait... someone's taken that, on their own, flown to the top of a hill.. and is sniping at dots in the distance with a K/D rate of 1 kill and 12 deaths.

I miss Bad Company :(

I don't think Watchdogs is going to be much different on next gen. it will look cleaner... but they've not shown anything there that isn't possible on current that actually affects the gameplay.

Assassins Creed... I've had my eye on that and they seem to have put quite a lot in on next gen that should mean it does feel a lot better than current. From how the oceans work and look to the lighting of the world and volumetric fog, the way raindrops reflect light, wind effects the 3D foliage, the draw distances when out at sea. From all the next gen games coming I think AC4 is the only one that has jumped out to me as looking like a large step up from the PS3/360 version that will come.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom