Chatbox gone

But look, without it relationships are sparkling and assignments are getting done. :P

Just put it back.

excuse Tim, this is what happens when something/someone dies. Tim is now going through the anger stage of the grieving process......the next stage he will eat his own hands, because what good are hands if you can't type in the chat box!

For the love of god, bring back the chat box! :CRY:

I think if you don't want it on the main page which is understandable, then stick it in off topic, then everyone a winner - the people who go in it will know it's there and use it, and people who aren't interested in it won't even know about it so it won't be in their way.

Thoughts?

I think it's interesting that this site allows all the piracy/flashing talk in plain sight in the Xbox 360 thread, yet a few off hand comments in the chatbox that do not remain in plain sight a few posts later was a enough of a justification to completely get rid of the chatbox. That, and the fact such talk should result in a warning/ban yet nothing whatsoever has happened to any of the perpetrators signals to me how hypocritcal shutting down the chatbox is especially if it is primarily due to warez/flashing 360s.

Please explain this to me.

People in the 360 thread are talking about having their consoles flashed as opposed to "how to" or downloading illegal games. You're right, though, in that it's dodgy ground and we're trying to revise our rules a bit to make moderating said things more consistent.

However, referring to specific releases of pirated games is what contributed (not the only reason) to the removal of the chatbox.

Plenty of people have been and continue to be permanently banned for references to no-dvd cracks for PES, for example and anything else that is clearly against our rules - the chatbox was not alone.

We've always tried to get rid of dodgy posts but it's not a clear line. For example, what happens when someone posts their impressions of a game that they've probably obtained illegally ahead of its release, if we start stopping that kind of post, when do start allowing said discussion of a game?

I'm only trying to use examples to point out it's not as cut and dried as you're implying.

Tim, putting any re-occurrence of a chatbox in the off-topic forum is certainly a viable option as is having its own page. Doesn't excuse the "Just put it back" post, though.:OOOH:

Thanks for clearing a few things up Mart, I appreciate it's not so cut and dried but surely all talk relating to using backups, playing games early, games being "released", flashed 360s, are all directly encouraging illegal activity or at the very least gives you a reference point to go and find such things yourself. Talks of "waves" and "stealth[ing]" is blatantly referring to warez, you only have to run a google search to see such things. I know it's a very fine line, but personally I haven't witnessed any worse in the chatbox, and I was quite a regular. That's the main reason I'm questioning it.

These are two blatant examples of flaunting the rules that drew my attention, whether it be bragging about engaging in such activity or using terms identifiable in the warez community (no disrespect to the OPs). Do these posts have any other purpose?

Was everything stealthed and you were waiting until release date or did you say "F It I'm playing MW2 online?"

Anyway, gonna keep my banned european version for early fifa every year :D

My dearest chatbox,

You had a very special place in my heart. Although you had many others in you, I still felt like I was very special to you? and feel you had a reciprocal love and respect for me?

That's why I don't understand why you went so suddenly, left without a word? without a letter?! without me entering you one last time.

I miss the way you would refresh yourself after anybody would enter you, like a top class working girl in the brothel of all brothels. But I feel I was your special customer, when there was nobody else around you would let me talk and ease my woes.

When my fingers softly caressed the keys of my.....keyboard, you made me feel so alive, so strong, so confident in pressing the enter button to your bosom.

I know you have had tough times, people have been abusing you and your openess. People took advantage of you and took you for granted. But hopefully you can see it in your heart, to come around these parts again and complete this broken puzzle of a heart of mine.

Remember you said it was a special sign that we had the same second name? I still feel this way, us box's have to stick together......come back to me!

Lots of love and kisses,

Bobby.

Well, Haye versus Valuev is a good fight but I have no-one to fucking tell.

I will make one of those cup things with the string so we can talk to eachother Stu.

I have the two polystyrene cups, popping out to get the string. Where do you live?, so I know how much string to get?

This situation is gayer than jaygrim locked in a closet with Tim's crocs, Gab's facial smiley and Nick's chores.

I will make one of those cup things with the string so we can talk to eachother Stu.

I have the two polystyrene cups, popping out to get the string. Where do you live?, so I know how much string to get?

Take that, Dar! I got a friend :D

Back
Top Bottom