Chatbox gone

I don't care who mods it as long as it comes back! :LOL: I was just saying I would be willing if given the chance :)).

Ok seriously this needs to come back! im bored shitless. The chatbox was one thing on this site keeping me here tbh

I don't think it'll come back, obviously the decision was not taken with the best interests of the members at mind, so why would any arguments we make for it to return be considered?
This sort of thing happens fairly often on forums, where admins use their power to remove something a lot of members liked, and then refuse to bring it back.

I think it's silly how a bit of warez talk in the chatbox is hit by a ton of bricks yet all the PES patches/mods which are bound to infringe some copyrights somewhere are the main feature of the site.
Another similar thing this is when people were encouraged to burn backup DVDs of their PS2 PES/WE games to patch them, and the PSP patches which only work on pirated downloaded .iso versions... that's allowed is it?...

I also think it's silly that there was no real warning, i'm sure if people had known the consequences then they wouldn't have committed the "offences" they did.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted but "all good things have to come to an end" :ROLL:.

Last edited by a moderator:
:CRY:

I think it would have been fairer to do a warning and then see what happens. But I also agree that people were warned when it was opened.

I also think some things have been blown out of proportion. I reckon that about 95% of the new people that ask a question in the chatbox are guided to the appropriate place. But there is that small percentage that are met with somebody joking around (In a negative way).

Hopefully it will be reconsidered.

Its a sad sad day :((

First I had to change my Aboutreika avatar that had the simple message "Sympathise With Gaza" because of it being some political bollocks and now this?!

Couldn't you have just banned certain users from the chatbox?

Surely it was the minority who spoiled it for the majority.

I was hoping to use the shout to say well done Arsenal ya beat the Spuds again... punish those who violate the code don`t condemn the rest.I dont go on the shout that much I feel like an outsider trying to fit in :LOL: I do enjoy the "last post" though

Edit: off topic what`s with Gaza? when did it go from wazza to Gaza?

Last edited:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH We need this chatbox for football banter!! Look at liverpool now and we cant say a thing.

Cant believe you got rid of this!!!

is it possible to move the chatbox into the FIFA sub forum?

It is really handy for arranging club matches, league matches etc.

They weren't ignored. I've actually read them all, as have most of the other mods/admins.

It's just none of them are acceptable enough for the return of the chatbox.

Trust me, nothing's been ignored. It's hard to give a response without people reading too much into it or sounding like we're getting personal. Anything constructive has been taken onboard though.

Just bring it back, guys. Consider this as a prolonged warning and just get back on with it. I realise it was mainly my fault for it getting closed in the first place and I apologise. So make the popular decision and bring it back. Please :)

A major part of Evo-Web, for me, has gone. It just feels wrong not having the chatbox there.

Bring it back and give me, Rob and Stu a 1 week ban from it. It's not fair to punish others for our wrong doing.

Just thinking, why can't the chatbox return? We all now know that what's gone on isn't acceptable, and obviously won't be repeated and the chatbox won't be abused.

The closure of that Chatbox without any real warning at all seems a little unfair. I know that as a whole the Admin/Mod team aren't fans of the box but for most of the members its an easy way to communicate and is generally light-hearted.

I am sure that nothing anyone says in this thread will influence the choice to bring it back but it would be nice for it to come back maybe for a temporary trial period and if anyone steps out of line then take serious action. To lose the chatbox permanently for the actions of a few members is extremely harsh. Said members have apologised once or twice in this thread and I hope to see it return soon

Back
Top Bottom