Chatbox gone

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
Unless you can convince us it's worth bringing back.

It has recently become a club to discuss warez releases in oh so clever ways - please don't try and deny this, the phrasing might save you legally but not as far as we're concerned.

Just now someone had the audacity to ask for a PES editor and was met with "Nope", "Sod off" and "PES2010 = fail". One of the original ideas behind the chatbox was to welcome/help people.

There have been warnings in the past about the use of the chatbox and this is now the result.

Please keep this thread civil if you need to reply.

Stu you nob

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the civil bit...

I love the chatbox because it's easy to get hold of someone nice and quick because the regulars check it. Much easier to find out an answer to something because we have some quite intelligant people here

Last edited:
Holio is definitely behind this.

He wants to keep hold of his first post record.

I bet Nick is reading this thread with a smirk on his face...

Oi Abou, don't take it out on the best thread of all time.

I can see the reasoning behind it to be honest, it feels weird that it's not there any more as it was nice to chat to people without having to add the 16 people who ever used it on Facebook, but honestly, it was becoming more and more like a PirateBay update service.

It went downhill over time and I'll miss it but perhaps it's for the best.

EDIT: God it's weird that it's not there though, I keep scrolling down waiting for it to appear!

Last edited:
Cant we have some mods on the chatbox to monitor everything?
The best thing about the chatbox was that you didnt have to spam the forum with one word posts and it was easier to get a hold of someone.

It's not a full time paying job, so you cant have a Mod sitting there waiting to delete something. If you want to get hold of someone, PM them, ask if you can have their IM address for whatever system they use.

I dont mean one person doing the job. If we had about 7 or 8 people who all shared the responsibilty, it wouldnt seem like a chore.

I wouldn't do it.... so if that idea came to light, count me out.

I'd mod it. I'm generally in there 24/7 anyway. Maybe Joe, Stu, Rob and CW would be up for it too, us 5 would have it covered most of, if not all of the time? We would really clean and tighten it up too, anything remotely dodgy gets deleted. We don't need access to the staff forum or anything like that.

Fair enough it has been abused lately, I'll hold my hands up to that. But like Kev and Rune say, it's a great way of catching hold of people and generally chatting to other Evo Web users when bored or in need of advice / help. Would be a real shame if it's gone forever.

I thinks that's the best idea for what its worth :)

Get Abou, Nick and a couple others to Mod it and start banning people who stray away from the rules

The only reason it has gone this way is because there were never any mods down there in the first place so people were getting away with flaunting the rules

People were just posting and adding winks, and saying yeah of course I'm downloading it from Live. It became impossible to mod, because if you do delete stuff, people just question 'were did my post go?' and 'thats within the rules' and that got very tiresome very quickly.

I have modded it in the past, but it's a never ending line of drivel at times, people have been banned from the site for going into the chatbox and asking for DL sites for PES and while that is blatant, I see no difference between that and people bending the rules to say 'will have x game waiting for me when I get home'

The people using it killed the Chatbox, not the Admin or Modding crew. It was abused, and the only acceptable thing to do was close it.

People were just posting and adding winks, and saying yeah of course I'm downloading it from Live. It became impossible to mod, because if you do delete stuff, people just question 'were did my post go?' and 'thats within the rules' and that got very tiresome very quickly.

I have modded it in the past, but it's a never ending line of drivel at times, people have been banned from the site for going into the chatbox and asking for DL sites for PES and while that is blatant, I see no difference between that and people bending the rules to say 'will have x game waiting for me when I get home'

The people using it killed the Chatbox, not the Admin or Modding crew. It was abused, and the only acceptable thing to do was close it.

If someone had warned people about doing it they would have stopped in the first place but nobody ever did and then it all just got stupid

I'd mod it. I'm generally in there 24/7 anyway. Maybe Joe, Stu, Rob and CW would be up for it too, us 5 would have it covered most of, if not all of the time? We would really clean and tighten it up too, anything remotely dodgy gets deleted. We don't need access to the staff forum or anything like that.

Fair enough it has been abused lately, I'll hold my hands up to that. But like Kev and Rune say, it's a great way of catching hold of people and generally chatting to other Evo Web users when bored or in need of advice / help. Would be a real shame if it's gone forever.

Problem with that is it was a few of them names who got the thing removed...probably best to have some neutrals because I think there would be a little more favourtism showed with the evo-web clique modding it...

Back
Top Bottom