Champions League 2012/13

I'm just glad Mourinho, the not so special anymore, didn't win it in the end. Displays of thuggery we usually see from Ramos, Pepe and Alonso are very characteristic of Mourinho's teams.

Plus, I'm really tired of Mourinho. He has no connection with the clubs he works for, always looking like a spoiled kid saying he will go 'where he is loved', bla bla.

The real funny thing is that wherever he goes, there's always a shit load of cash available for him. You bet your ass he's going to a newly rich sugar daddy club in England :YAWN:
Very true.

Kaka and CR buys for Real Madrid have nothing to do with either Pellegrini or Mourinho...they are both Florentino Pérez buy´s for his own galactico project...

Displays of thuggery we usually see from Ramos, Pepe and Alonso are very characteristic of Mourinho's teams.

ramos and pepe are two filthy bastards, that's true (whilst alonso is definitely not one). but I doubt if this has anything to do with Jose's attitude (look at his previous teams as well). plus, he isn't the one who brought them to madrid. also, take players like Alves, Busquets or Pedro as example, does that also suggest that Guardiola is actually a bad person in fact? no, absolutely not, players like those will keep being cunts no matter which coach is in the charge.

Plus, I'm really tired of Mourinho. He has no connection with the clubs he works for, always looking like a spoiled kid saying he will go 'where he is loved', bla bla.

bullshit. ask any porto, chelsea, or an inter fan or any player who worked under him they will say that they'd always welcome him with their arms wide open. hell, wesley sneijder once said "I'd take a bullet for him". if there are some spoiled kids around madrid atm, their names are iker and sergio. they didn't respect the coach and caused the bad relationship between jose and the fans. madrid fans are not the most supportive ones either. he has every right to complain about those spoiled glory hunter fans.

The real funny thing is that wherever he goes, there's always a shit load of cash available for him. You bet your ass he's going to a newly rich sugar daddy club in England :YAWN:

But the truth is he underachieved with Real Madrid. During his tenure they spent around £120m in Ronaldo and Kaka only, not to mention other big signings (and unnecessary ones such as Modric) and in the end of it all the truth is only one: he underachieved.

the real funny thing is that you don't even know that f'n simple fact that ronaldo and kaka (alonso and benzema too) came to madrid a year before his tenure. jose's the man who has broken the hegemony of barcelona, which has often been referred as the greatest team ever. he even beat them at inter too. when he first came to madrid, madrid was getting thrashed by barcelona (remember 5-0?), but look at now, he's built a madrid side playing with absolutely no fear in el clasicos. he won every title in spain and will quite probably add another copa del rey as well. before he came, the last time real madrid played cl semis was eight years ago. his team made it three years in a row, having just narrowly missed the final in last two occasions. of course, there are mistakes he did such as not bringing a real top class striker instead of higuain and benzema or a top class right-back but generally what he did at madrid was anyhing but underachieving. the funny thing is he actually won his cl titles with the teams where he didn't have the luxury of free spending that he had with chelsea and madrid.

to me it's just incredible to see a coach like mourinho, who has proven himself in three top leagues of europe, as well as portuguese league and the champions league, getting disrespected like that. you might not love him, you might even hate him but you don't simply meant to say he's just an average one just because of his attitude.

tbh, that post is even more ridiculous than those I'd written in Barcelona thread when I first came to this forum. but the thing I wonder is why you didn't write an even more ridiculous one straight after the 4-1 defeat in the first leg. maybe even you yourself knew that he's one of those guys who can make the hardest things come true. but you know what? tonight's game could've quite possibly ended just the way madrid wanted and you would have to wait another year (maybe another one too) for writing such a nonsense post. so it's not that bad, eh!

Last edited:
@Kanouté

footballers care for themselves at the end of the day depending on the moment. Someone once said ppl either Love or Hate Mou!

CR7 said:
"I have two more years on my contract and I'm not worried about my renewal. I want to continue winning wherever. I do not care if Mourinho continues or not, I care about myself and Real Madrid".

That was a close match. In the end Dortmund have to blame themselves for missing chances. The first 20 minutes by Madrid where absolutely amazing but they didn't score (that miss by Özil...).
Then Dortmund came back and gradually became the better team until the first goal...
When Ramos scored, that broke my heart, at that moment he should have been on the shower for at least half an hour (IMO he should have had a red card for elbowing Lewandowski, i sincerely hope he will get a ban, refs are supposed to protect players).

I really don't like "that" side of Spanish football. I've Always loved Barcelona, but i'm afraid we will see "that" side this evening too (Busquets, Dani Alves).

I Always loved Xavi Alonso, but what he did to Lewandowski when this one finally became tired of Ramos is a disgrace, he should at least have a yellow for that...

I'm glad Dortmund are in the final, but Madrid would have deserved it aswell.

Finally: Ronaldo is not a big match player...

I personally think Ronaldo should have been World Player of the Year, but he was the difference in the two teams last night.

In that, I mean he was a liability, I don't think he did a thing right all night.

Mind you Mourinho is to blame big time too, god knows why Benzema never started, for me he's scored some important goals, thought that was mistake too.

FD

@Kanouté

footballers care for themselves at the end of the day depending on the moment. Someone once said ppl either Love or Hate Mou!

:D true. but have you ever seen any of his former players had a bad word about him? nah, he's a coach always loved by his players. I assume that the problem is he just don't want to see any bigger ego than his in his teams (maybe he can't handle it at all). ricardo quaresma suddenly springs to my mind...

p.s.

@FD

the thing with Benzema-Higuain is not the names, I mean, this season whenever Benzema started he didn't perform and Higuain replace him in second half and did very well as a sub. funnily, the same goes for the other way around, too. my personal opinion is that none of them is on Madrid's level. Benzema would be a super-sub but I don't remember a single big game where Higuain wasn't flop (after 2010 wc, at least). I would love to see a Falcao-Higuain switch this summer (or better yet, madrid selling him to chelsea for a shitload of money).

@gerd

I know what you're on but it is no fun anymore. I'm so tired.

Last edited:
Benzema is better than Higuain in big matches ..
even if Higuain has better movements and the without-ball play ..
but, the facts and the results prove that Karim is way batter in big games ..
and I agree with Kanouté, we need a Super Class striker ..
also we need a very good right back .. Arbeloa is good tactically, but he's just that kind of student who passes the exams with hard working but no intelligence so he get 12/20 at max ..
we need someone better, faster, more clever than him ..
I think that's all we need for players next year ..

about coach, I think Mourinho decided to leave, I am really gratefull to him, he did a great job to Madrid, and it's really sad to see him going, but I think he can't give more ..
Mourinho is a great motivator, has good relationchips with players, controls his team with discipline, but when we talk tactics, he's only good, nothing more, he isn't creative .. and Madrid isn't Inter or Chelsea, Madrid needs a Mourinho+genious .. because it's not the win which matters, it's winning and ruling with style ..

but as I said, Mourinho is great and I loved his era with Madrid and am really so sad to see him leaving ..

my suggestion to replace him : Michael Laudrup

Özil could and should have passed that ball to Ronaldo when they were alone in front of Dortmund's keeper, it was a 100% goal, but instead he tried to shoot himself and did it so badly.

Real Madrid could have well won it yesterday, they had many goal-opportunities but just didn't score enough.

That said Dortmund had a few good opportunities well, Gündogan could have scored, but I'm not sure he did anything wrong, cause really who would have thought that the keeper of Real Madrid would achieve such an amazing save?

In the end I think Dortmund deserved to win this simply because of their amazing firstleg-match at home. I mean comeon, Madrid has only to blame themselves, why did they allow Dortmund to score 4 times in the first-leg, and why didn't they play nearly as good then as they did yesterday?

Regarding Murinho, he may seem or even be arrogant but imho he is a brilliant coach who has remodeled Madrid to become a force again in Spain and worldwide. Too bad that they slipped up in the first match against Dortmund.

I hope now that Dortmund goes through and beats Bayern Munich in the final.

Kanoute, spoiled Iker? Iker is the reason Real Madrid failed, he is the soul of that team, first experiments with Adan (one of the reasons Real got lost in La Liga race), then Lopez.. Iker is captain of Spain ffs, not some clown and spoiled kid.

Mourinho was so blind to get ahead of Barcelona, that lost sense of reality and his team and whole collective started to decay, while he was "making his master plan".

I even felt they(team) wanted to fail Mourinho and only after 80 minuted started to play for themselves.

Anyway Mourinho shot himself in the leg. Time to leave "Barcelona" behind and go back to England.

earlier this season, iker was looking very relaxed letting some easy goals in in pretty much every game he played. and until this year, I was a big fan of Casillas (when I was much younger I liked him even more than Buffon and Kahn) but he should have just accepted that his spot is no guarantee anymore and respected mourinho's decision. but instead, there was a conflict between the two, which was made public later, and then caused another rift between mourinho and the fans. fans, of course, took the side of the club legend. there's nothing mourinho can do on this situation. he's trying to do what's best for the team and of course can't please every fan. iker was the one who had the power to prevent all these problems.

it's true that adan let mourinho down in many occasions but diego lopez, just in his first year, is having one of those fantastic seasons that casillas had until this year. in the end, mourinho seems to have made the right decisions.

btw, Emre Belözoğlu once was the skipper of Turkish NT but is also known as a racist bastard. :LOL:

Happy to see Madrid go out, Dortmund should've killed the game early on though.

The match between Bayern and Barca is in reality over, but I hope Barca makes a miracle comeback just for the entertainment value. In the end I hope Dortmund takes it home, though, even if CL this year is a parody due to ref's, it would be a great boost for a club that needs and deserves it.

Someone got the video of Benzema fake shoot on Dortmund defender and Weidenfeller stop ? It's between the two goals.

ramos and pepe are two filthy bastards, that's true (whilst alonso is definitely not one). but I doubt if this has anything to do with Jose's attitude (look at his previous teams as well). plus, he isn't the one who brought them to madrid. also, take players like Alves, Busquets or Pedro as example, does that also suggest that Guardiola is actually a bad person in fact? no, absolutely not, players like those will keep being cunts no matter which coach is in the charge.

Did you see what Alonso did to Lewandowski? In fact, the whole Real Madrid team targeted Lewandowski last night, and it just comes to show they're sore losers. They were bothered that he scored 4 past them and I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho himself ordered his players to give Lewandowski that rough treatment.
Mourinho is a sore loser himself - you just have to look throughout his career at his antics when he loses. It ranges from showing his contempt to Lionel Messi in the most classless ways, to fingering Tito Vilanova in his eye!!... To falsely accusing a referee of visiting Rijkaard's dressing room (prompting death threats from Chelsea supporters to the ref and ultimately leading him to the decision of ending his career).
I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho tells his players to do that to Lewandowski. I remember Pepe stomping on Messi's hand too.
I'm convinced the manager's bitterness spreads to his players and you see that kind of thing.

bullshit. ask any porto, chelsea, or an inter fan or any player who worked under him they will say that they'd always welcome him with their arms wide open. hell, wesley sneijder once said "I'd take a bullet for him". if there are some spoiled kids around madrid atm, their names are iker and sergio. they didn't respect the coach and caused the bad relationship between jose and the fans. madrid fans are not the most supportive ones either. he has every right to complain about those spoiled glory hunter fans.

The fans are grateful for the titles I'm sure. But you could ask Mourinho the same too. Why does he declare so openly that he's leaving a club even before the season is over? To me that's just disrespectful.

the real funny thing is that you don't even know that f'n simple fact that ronaldo and kaka (alonso and benzema too) came to madrid a year before his tenure. jose's the man who has broken the hegemony of barcelona, which has often been referred as the greatest team ever. he even beat them at inter too. when he first came to madrid, madrid was getting thrashed by barcelona (remember 5-0?), but look at now, he's built a madrid side playing with absolutely no fear in el clasicos. he won every title in spain and will quite probably add another copa del rey as well. before he came, the last time real madrid played cl semis was eight years ago. his team made it three years in a row, having just narrowly missed the final in last two occasions. of course, there are mistakes he did such as not bringing a real top class striker instead of higuain and benzema or a top class right-back but generally what he did at madrid was anyhing but underachieving. the funny thing is he actually won his cl titles with the teams where he didn't have the luxury of free spending that he had with chelsea and madrid.

To me it doesn't matter if the players were signed under his management or if he inherited them. It results in the same, my point remains valid: he had the investment behind him in the form of these signings.

If Mourinho is all that, then I'd expect more of him. He got trashed 5-0 before he could find his best form with Madrid, true. But when things balanced themselves out, is it because Madrid became a better team or is it a Barcelona decline? I think it's the latter case.

The CL title he won with Inter, the way you put it, you seem to forget how strong that Inter squad was.

to me it's just incredible to see a coach like mourinho, who has proven himself in three top leagues of europe, as well as portuguese league and the champions league, getting disrespected like that. you might not love him, you might even hate him but you don't simply meant to say he's just an average one just because of his attitude.

tbh, that post is even more ridiculous than those I'd written in Barcelona thread when I first came to this forum. but the thing I wonder is why you didn't write an even more ridiculous one straight after the 4-1 defeat in the first leg. maybe even you yourself knew that he's one of those guys who can make the hardest things come true. but you know what? tonight's game could've quite possibly ended just the way madrid wanted and you would have to wait another year (maybe another one too) for writing such a nonsense post. so it's not that bad, eh!

Once again, I'm not saying he is average. I don't know where you got that from. It's just that he under performed at Madrid. He didn't win over the group of players, that much is clear. Sorry, but for a team like Madrid those results are underwhelming.

I didn't write anything after the 4-1 in the first leg simply because I don't follow either club, so I don't give a shit really.
Now, regardless of who advances in the other game, I'll be supporting Dortmund, that's for sure.
They topped the group that had Madrid and Man City, with just a small fraction of those clubs' investments. Not to mention the football they've been playing is fantastic. They got my respect now and they deserve to win this thing.

As for Mourinho, you are right about one thing though: I despise him as a person. A great tactician he is (although I will never understand why he starts with Higuain instead of Benzema). But for his attitude, lack of respect and sheer arrogance, I'm glad to see the back of him in this competition.

Apparently the fact that Real Madrid hasn't reached the final has frustrated some people here, i just got a rather shocking PM.

My posts are not that important to analyse them and see things in them that i'm not even remotely aware of. Apparently there is a big problem with my last post about yesterday's match. Can somebody point out what is wrong with it. People can PM me, but not the one who already did that. I don't want any PM's from him anymore...

Sorry to be off-topic.

Edit: i am aware what was wrong now. The fact that is wrote that IMO Ronaldo is not a big match player. Don't knew that my very subjective opinion (and i'm very well aware of it) is that important. It's only pub talk...why take it so serious and peronal ?

Hope it's a good match this evening and may the best team win. I don't really care.

Last edited:
Whoever PM'd Gerd, can you please tell us what he said that you found wrong in his post?

I'm interested. As I'm not quite sure what you may be on about, PM person.

I'm sure Mourinho did say that a person scored 4 goals and was not fouled once! Very strange! I can't see him Mou sending his players to go and hurt a certain player, but I can see him gripping about that for a whole week :LOL:

Mou is eccentric and will enter and leave in a eccentric manner.:P I'm disappointed for RM I wanted them so much to reach that milestone . I think fate had other plans .

I certainly didn't PM Gerd, but do think this whole 'Ronaldo isn't a big game player thing' is over-played.

Hasn't he scored in a CL final, and a Carling Cup final, and more Classico goals in the last few years of anyone?

He also just tied (until last night) the longest consecutive streak of scoring in CL matches.

He was pretty poor last night, but I think that's been the exception to the rule, rather than the norm?

That is not what i think beach, but it would not be the first time i'm totally wrong and at the moment i don't care at all if i'm wrong or not...Ronaldo might aswell be the best player ever...

Okay, will leave it.

Tonight should be interesting for a few reasons. What scares me most is the sheer number of players on cards. Apparently Bayern have 7 that would miss the final with a yellow.

And they'll be playing Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

Screwed.

Okay, will leave it.

Tonight should be interesting for a few reasons. What scares me most is the sheer number of players on cards. Apparently Bayern have 7 that would miss the final with a yellow.

And they'll be playing Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

Screwed.

:LOL:

It just seems a ridiculous system. So easy to be banned for such a big match, especially when you see certain referees that believe yellow cards are to be used for every single challenge in a match.

It's sad tis all. Lots of very big players have missed matches for relatively small fouls, because of some silly rules.

It's different if players are actually violent (hi Sergio Ramos!) but when you get banned for touching the foot of a player you were tackling and he reacts in a way that certain refs eat up, all feels pretty poorly thought out.

Personally I think yellow cards should be only used sparingly, and that for some reason today certain referees award them purely based on a decibel meter from the crowd. Go back and watch football in the early 90's and they were far rarer.

Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Dante, Gomez and Gustavo all one yellow away.

They could probably put out a decent side without them:

Neuer
Rafinha van Buyten Boateng Contento
Tymoschuk Alaba
Robben Muller Ribery
Mandzukic​

But that would still be a huge risk, even 4-0 up.

had Ozil squared it to Ronaldo he'd have got on the scoresheet pretty early too, no doubt if the roles were reversed Ronaldo being selfish and only playing for himself would have cropped up.

his record speaks for himself at this point. I also didn't PM Gerd by the way :P

Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Dante, Gomez and Gustavo all one yellow away.

They could probably put out a decent side without them:

Neuer
Rafinha van Buyten Boateng Contento
Tymoschuk Alaba
Robben Muller Ribery
Mandzukic​

But that would still be a huge risk, even 4-0 up.

Dortmund would devour a squad like this whole.

Back
Top Bottom