FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

@Chris

I don't get as many games in as you do so don't expect a video within the next few days :P

Normally I get to play through balls if I'm winning but what tends to happen is I panic (because I think "this is for Chris") and the pass will go astray. I bought Andre Gray from Burnley and he is good at hanging on the shoulder of the last defender and with his pace he is quite effective.

I am worried about playing PES because like yourself I feel like snaping the controller and then that's £50 down the drain.

For me Top Player is too easy now that my TS is in the early 90's. But playing on Superstar is too frustrating for me because my players are sluggish and unresponsive despite my high TS and their low TS.

I think for both games it depends how good you are and how you play. I'm obviously pretty rubbish at PES because of reading how well Deco, Rock, and the gang are doing on Superstar despite the scripting. I'm losing games by 3 or 5 goals and most are scripted and I just can't handle that any more.

Whereas in FIFA I know the CPU gets a little overpowered sometimes but I do feel that during that time, if I change tactics and concentrate, I can hold on even if it means me hoofing the ball upfield all the time.

Do you happen to know what the best FIFA was tactically for CPU teams?
Also, any idea when the PES demo is out for PS4? It's probably on the thread but being a bit lazy to look.

Whereas in FIFA I know the CPU gets a little overpowered sometimes but I do feel that during that time, if I change tactics and concentrate, I can hold on even if it means me hoofing the ball upfield all the time.
See, I never really feel like that - I feel like no matter what I do tactically and no matter how hard I concentrate, the AI will either (on World Class) pass the ball around perfectly before you get close enough to tackle (when it needs to), which infuriates me, or (on Legendary) instantly score after you do and constantly run initially towards your corner flag, then turn towards the goal, run almost perfectly up/down along the goal line (towards the goal) and then do a cutback that results in an easy goal.

Do you happen to know what the best FIFA was tactically for CPU teams?
Ooof, no idea, really. For me, FIFA 13 was the start of FIFA getting good, and the AI tactics have been pretty much the same since then, I reckon. 14 was excellent (but stiff), 15 was too fast for me (and custom tactics not as effective), 16 started off great but got worse through patches (with the same custom tactics issues).

Also, any idea when the PES demo is out for PS4? It's probably on the thread but being a bit lazy to look.
Today if you get an American account later on, tomorrow for a "proper" UK store release.

Has anyone played the Fifa 17 beta and pes 2017 demo?

Would be interested in hearing which you preferred and why.

I wish there was a Fifa 17 demo out today so I could see what it's like.

I'd appreciate that! Those two games on FIFA against West Brom were nightmarish, their perfect back four were impenetrable. Any pass into the area was intercepted, and any shot at the edge deflected. No one-on-ones for 180 minutes of football. Just too much.

Here you go Chris, a few videos of through balls for you do drool over :))
But please don't laugh at my conversion rate.

The game was beginning to annoy me again earlier with the tikka takka passing so I thought damn i will just move back down to Professional level. I think I may have found a sweet spot. Obviously with vanilla sliders it is too easy but by making the CPU slightly faster, giving my GK a slider rating of 1, and increasing my first touch error and things like that has improved it a lot. Baring in mind that I have only played 2 games since. The last one was Wales (me) v Belgium in a World Cup qualifier. That was the one where there was 4 one on one's. The game was so open and in the end it finished 1-1 but Wales should have won. Bale has been injured and they only got 1 point from 3 games and dropped from 2nd to 5th :SHOCK:

I will play a bit tomorrow to see if I'm still enjoying it.

Last edited:
Went back to playing FIFA after the PES 17 demo.
Must say,FIFA 16 still feels good,apart from the obvious screw up,teams playing alike.
You've heard it all.
PES and FIFA are two completely different games,which is the better one,which is the sim,who cares.
If FIFA 17 can step up from 16,like PES then there's two good games out there,perhaps the best in their series.
Hope FIFA does well,but I'm going with mine this year,at least for starters

PES and FIFA are two completely different games,which is the better one,which is the sim,who cares.

Well said, agree 100%! We all want different things from our football game, for me I only want the "Sheffield Wednesday" experience, ie to play as the team I support in a manager mode with the proper league/cup structure, I don't care if it's not licensed but I want promotion, relegation, multiple cups, European qualification, working transfer market, things like that.

Well said, agree 100%! We all want different things from our football game, for me I only want the "Sheffield Wednesday" experience, ie to play as the team I support in a manager mode with the proper league/cup structure, I don't care if it's not licensed but I want promotion, relegation, multiple cups, European qualification, working transfer market, things like that.
Exactly, I use both games for different experinces.
Lower league with a FIFA,love playing as Pompey or some L1-2 club.
In PES it's always Serie A, trying to build a dynasty in the league and Europe
So it's crucial to me,both games do well,and crucial to us gamers both do well.
One game can't pull it fw,needs two

Went back to playing FIFA after the PES 17 demo.
Must say,FIFA 16 still feels good,apart from the obvious screw up,teams playing alike.
You've heard it all.
If FIFA 17 can step up from 16,like PES then there's two good games out there,perhaps the best in their series.
Hope FIFA does well,but I'm going with mine this year,at least for starters

One of the best posts in this thread!

Thank you!

Yeah same here!

I think the only perfect footy game can only be done by fans of both games creating a combination of both, only the pros, without the cons.
Don´t we have devs in this forum?
We should found a studio.
I could take care of the ingame music :P which is....totally unimportant :LMAO:

Don´t we have devs in this forum?
We should found a studio.
That's truly my dream.

If I ever won the lottery, I'd start up a company dedicated to producing realistic football games in a heartbeat.

But that'd be a miracle... Considering that I don't play the lottery.

since I'd starting playing the demo,haven't touched PES 16, so I "had" to go back to FIFA.
And since my latest slider settings,I've enjoyed it a great deal.
4th place in the Championship with 10 games left.
My plan is to finish it before PES 17 comes out.

And if I win th lottery boys I'll buy Tranmere for ya Chris,can't buy BM for you Chief since they are a 51% team.
Watching BM -Bremen in a few

And if I win th lottery boys I'll buy Tranmere for ya Chris,can't buy BM for you Chief since they are a 51% team.
Excellent, can I be the manager? I won't need to wait for PES or FIFA to be perfect then. :D

Question for the guys who played the PES 2017 demo and the FIFA 17 beta...

Can we have some comparisons, please? Which did you prefer, and why? What do you see yourself playing more often come September?

EA had a whole year to fix the custom tactics and it's looking like they haven't. There is so much potential, even this jump to a new engine brings about a host of new opportunities. One can only hope they manage to work on AI and tactics next year and deliver a truly magical single player experience.

look at this :LMAO:
58662cb45c3dfa58f53c8304835e02bd.jpg

See, I never really feel like that - I feel like no matter what I do tactically and no matter how hard I concentrate, the AI will either (on World Class) pass the ball around perfectly before you get close enough to tackle (when it needs to), which infuriates me, or (on Legendary) instantly score after you do and constantly run initially towards your corner flag, then turn towards the goal, run almost perfectly up/down along the goal line (towards the goal) and then do a cutback that results in an easy goal.

Ooof, no idea, really. For me, FIFA 13 was the start of FIFA getting good, and the AI tactics have been pretty much the same since then, I reckon. 14 was excellent (but stiff), 15 was too fast for me (and custom tactics not as effective), 16 started off great but got worse through patches (with the same custom tactics issues).

Today if you get an American account later on, tomorrow for a "proper" UK store release.

Same here. FIFA 13 is in my opinion the best FIFA but FIFA 16 demo came really close.

Scoring still doesn't give me that satisfaction that I used to get in the early PES games. I can't put my finger on it but there is something so dull about this game.

I hate set pieces. Goal kicks, corner kicks, penalty kicks and free kicks all need a major overhaul - they are so dated especially with that god awful cursor showing you where to aim. I can turn that off though I think?

The game flows extremely well. The pace is realistic and the player models are second to none.

But the whole presentation, atmosphere and vibe about PES 2017 just still isn't good enough for me. I need to play it for a few more weeks to really get into it but my initial impressions aren't good. It just doesn't have that one more game factor at the moment but that could change, I don't know.

I will persist with it. Might start a CL campaign next.

I see a trade for Fifa coming up!!

I agree the little things need a bit of polish and Fifa pisses all over PES for the little details but PES has been shit on the pitch for years. They had to get that right first. Seems they have finally released a decent playable game. Online? No idea yet but its always needed work, but build from pes17 and next year add the bells and whistles that grab the neutrals and undecided as they head to Fifa as it has all that. Would love to see what would happen if Fifa lost licenses to PES.

I agree the little things need a bit of polish and Fifa pisses all over PES for the little details but PES has been shit on the pitch for years. They had to get that right first. Seems they have finally released a decent playable game. Online? No idea yet but its always needed work, but build from pes17 and next year add the bells and whistles that grab the neutrals and undecided as they head to Fifa as it has all that. Would love to see what would happen if Fifa lost licenses to PES.

I try my best to take people like you seriously and I go play FIFA 17 and it's totally different than what people tell me it is. I don't know if they like games that just hold your hands because on FIFA it doesn't feel like I'm in full control. There are so many things wrong with the game but I don't feel like talking about it in depth as I think it's so obvious. It's clearly not made for me. Also what little details does FIFA have? I actually think PES does that much better than FIFA.

I lean towards pes but I think Fifa has all the visuals that entice football fans.
Also, I don't think it helps going between games. They both play so differently.

I couldn't stand FIFA 13, it was awful. The very good PES 2013 was around at the time too.

FIFA 14 on ps4 was the best they have released in last few years.

Some much better games today. It's just so clunky though and simply put just not as fun to play as PES.

It's funny because after spending time with PES that's exactly the word I use to sum up PES, clunky, from start to finish, slow clunky ugly menus poorly laid out, clunky gameplay, clunky animations, definitely clunky graphics not to mention the clunky sound! The only thing I find clunky about Fifa is the tactics and lineup adjustment and stuff that's really poorly laid out IMO.

these are just facts,
EA best development times are behind them. they were great back in the playstation-ps2 era. but they became a giant, talent became watered down, now they can't make a top notch game anymore. "Top notch game meaning scoring a 90-100% on reviews"
NBA, NFL, PGA all average games ..... NBA 2K has that market sealed up....If they didn't have a monopoly on the NFL, Madden would be done for too. PGA tour golf can't even survive, with TGC and PG out there. even there best sports title fifa is falling to PES. What are they gonna do if Konami works on presentation and commentary with more partnership deals for 2018?
it takes years to build game-play but just one to two years to build presentation.
i believe EA's screwed in the future with all there sports titles....

If they didn't have a monopoly on the NFL, Madden would be done for too. PGA tour golf can't even survive, even there best sports title fifa is falling to PES.
Madden was done long ago, just an AWFUL game. Every video golf game has failed because nobody plays it. And... regardless of how many dozens of EvoWeb sim gamers prefer PES to FIFA this year, FIFA is still going to outsell PES by a 25-1 margin. And will continue to do so for years to come. Not sure "falling" is really the right word.

It's funny because after spending time with PES that's exactly the word I use to sum up PES, clunky, from start to finish, slow clunky ugly menus poorly laid out, clunky gameplay, clunky animations, definitely clunky graphics not to mention the clunky sound! The only thing I find clunky about Fifa is the tactics and lineup adjustment and stuff that's really poorly laid out IMO.
Fifa gameplay is clunky and every game looks like clone. Presentation, licenses and sound it's nice but after 2 month some people want something more. What they want? Deeper gameplay :)

Back
Top Bottom