FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I feel the same way, Hitman, without wanting to come across as a troll. I end up going back to it after being disappointed with something I see in FIFA (after maybe 3-4 games), but I just don't see it. The gameplay feels far too basic for me (excluding the variation in difficulty when it comes to AI opponents).

That being said, there's a guy at work who loves it, and he exclusively plays with friends, so maybe that's what it's all about. I haven't had a multiplayer session for years.

But then, THAT being said (and to go back to your point):

I read a FIFA 16 review that listed "slow gameplay" and "build-up play" as bad things (which is a shitty enough opinion to piss me off on its own), and yet the year before, on the same site, the FIFA 15 review said something along the lines of "it's too fast and too easy". In the PES review(s), guess what. Fast-paced gameplay is listed as a positive thing.

With that in mind, I got the impression from some (but not all) reviews that PES is the "hipster" thing to play with friends (for want of a better word). As far as I'm concerned, sports game reviews should always be about how well they replicate real-life (the ones that are clearly attempting to do that, anyway), but a lot of reviewers - and bear in mind that a lot of them will have played the game for a couple of hours, knocked up a review and then never played it again - were looking at the "fun" angle, playing them in the same fashion I'd play a hockey game, for example (I have no clue about the sport but enjoy whacking a puck into a net).

When FIFA 16 released, I was having nothing but 0-0s & 1-0s, offline or online. When PES 2016 released - as I've screenshotted before - I never had a game with under 4 goals, offline or online. The result? FIFA = boring. PES = fun.

(But I'm talking about reviewers there, not the genuine guys who play the game and enjoy the depth they find in it.)

+1
I also don't get what they see in pes now..
Yepp, local multiplayer is better, than against the AI, but it's way too basic..

I just hope they build on this fifa with 17 and do not destroy it..

FIFA has got me hooked so much atm which to me feels like playing old Skool PES in a big way, could be the latest patch combined with matt 10's final sliders and I'm playing on co-op camera, slow game speed, also for people saying teams play very similar I have to strongly disagree with you, I'm noticing all range of different tactics from different teams, also what I like is when u play the big sides u don't have much space or time with the ball but with the lesser teams depending on there tactics u have more time to create a magic pass or even dribble around depending on who your controlling, seriously I am impressed, and I'm also loving the fact that you have to earn your space to have a long range shot, the difference between hulk and someone average having a long range shot on goal is a massive difference, whereas PES didn't give me that satisfaction cos nearly all players can have perfect long range shots on goal, and another thing I like a lot is the fact u can't overuse the acceleration button, whereas in PES I can constantly use the acceleration button with every player and all was needed was timing to get past players, I really hope Fifa does not cave in to the casuals and build on what they have, never thought I'd ever say this about any Fifa game, well done,

Also having a lot of fun with FIFA at the moment, because it makes me going "Wow!" when I score and "Noooo Aaarrrghhh" when I miss.
Actually - as mentioned a few times before - the thing that PES used to give me.

I played a lot of PES 2016. Changed settings, forced myself to play full manual etc.
I tried so many things to enjoy it more, but playing it leaves me cold still.

There are a lot of good things, things I like on PES but the flaws weigh that much to me, that I can´t enjoy the positives.
Someone said a page before, that PES has the better physics engine.
I wouldn´t deny that.
But the lack of shot variation (user AND cpu), the fact that the ball moves on the ground like on ice (really disliking that...it was a lot better in PES 2014), lack of fouls/bad ref, keepers and the thing that you could add to the first point...cpu low shots in the corner over and over again...

All that kills the fact about the physics engine which is a pity, as I don´t think that these things are that hard to sort out.
I can´t say as I´m not a game dev.

And as atmosphere has been mentioned before:
I also never cared about the atmosphere, even it´s slightly improved in PES 2016. In earlier days when I played PES 11 to death I even muted the game sound and turned some music on.
But since I experienced the atmosphere in FIFA, I don´t wanna miss it no more.

Also having a lot of fun with FIFA at the moment, because it makes me going "Wow!" when I score and "Noooo Aaarrrghhh" when I miss.
Actually - as mentioned a few times before - the thing that PES used to give me.

I played a lot of PES 2016. Changed settings, forced myself to play full manual etc.
I tried so many things to enjoy it more, but playing it leaves me cold still.

There are a lot of good things, things I like on PES but the flaws weigh that much to me, that I can´t enjoy the positives.
Someone said a page before, that PES has the better physics engine.
I wouldn´t deny that.
But the lack of shot variation (user AND cpu), the fact that the ball moves on the ground like on ice (really disliking that...it was a lot better in PES 2014), lack of fouls/bad ref, keepers and the thing that you could add to the first point...cpu low shots in the corner over and over again...

All that kills the fact about the physics engine which is a pity, as I don´t think that these things are that hard to sort out.
I can´t say as I´m not a game dev.

And as atmosphere has been mentioned before:
I also never cared about the atmosphere, even it´s slightly improved in PES 2016. In earlier days when I played PES 11 to death I even muted the game sound and turned some music on.
But since I experienced the atmosphere in FIFA, I don´t wanna miss it no more.
i've been playing fifa vs a friend lately, i can see that the shot variation is there, but i think the way the players in PES behave more realistically (has to do with the animations) has got me to see the flaws in the fifa animations as being a bit dated, to say the least, at least i am happy i got the yairpatch 2.5 installed which makes a lot of difference to the gameplay that was on vanilla state, indeed shot variation is to the minimum but i see more shots not hitting the target, more shot errors from me and the cpu, i see that how the players behave on the pitch as a major upside in PES and downside in fifa, at least this is my opinion after playing both games, plus keepers in fifa can catch the ball from a pile driver inside the box which is unrealistic, but i can see that sliders changed makes a difference in the game, but keepers need to be less superhuman or with less reactions.

Yes,
I´ve been saying this a lot.
PES´ player animations are more fluid and more realistic.
In FIFA it partly looks puppetish still.
So I agree on your first point.

I used yairpatch on PES 2014 and it made the game much better.
I have been tempted to try PES 2016 again with the yairpatch and all, but I doubt that it kills the cpu low shot in the corner issue which really pisses me off.

Shot variation used to be great in PES, but honestly, it sucks in PES 2016 and it´s much better in FIFA 16.
After 7 months of release I still see situations I haven´t experienced before.

About your last sentence, I agree either and I think I know what you mean.
I had that last weekend.
CPU took a quite hard shot on my goal and my keeper jumped to the side and caught
the ball with both hands.
It would have looked better if he just punched it away.

But well, I rather take this - which doesn´t happen very often - than the cpu low shot corner thing :).

I saw a tweet this morning that said:

Something to be said about a game that feels like scoring is an achievement instead of an expectation.
#PES5 vs #PES2016

That's the root of it, for me. I hit the shoot button on PES now, it flies in like a rocket, and my reaction is "yep". Because it's the same goal I've scored 100 times already - it's not just the CPU's goals that are all the same.

For me, personally - but I understand it isn't like this for everyone - there are no goals that make you stand up and shout. If I'm on manual shooting and I aim it towards a corner, I know I've scored, so there's no joy in it. If I'm not, I know the game will either let me score into the corner, or put it (the same distance each time) wide. No excitement, nothing out of the ordinary.

That's what I used to play PES for - that and the tactics.

FIFA doesn't have the latter, but it definitely has the former. I've scored goals with a shin that have made me jump for joy, I've had shots spin in off the post, and long-range shots into the corner aren't always a goal.

The AI is just too familiar for me to really get attached to it, but I think - my personal opinion here - that it's the better game.

(But the patches show the direction they'll be going in with FIFA this year - i.e. backwards.)

I saw a tweet this morning that said:

Something to be said about a game that feels like scoring is an achievement instead of an expectation.
#PES5 vs #PES2016

That's the root of it, for me. I hit the shoot button on PES now, it flies in like a rocket, and my reaction is "yep". Because it's the same goal I've scored 100 times already - it's not just the CPU's goals that are all the same.

For me, personally - but I understand it isn't like this for everyone - there are no goals that make you stand up and shout. If I'm on manual shooting and I aim it towards a corner, I know I've scored, so there's no joy in it. If I'm not, I know the game will either let me score into the corner, or put it (the same distance each time) wide. No excitement, nothing out of the ordinary.

That's what I used to play PES for - that and the tactics.

FIFA doesn't have the latter, but it definitely has the former. I've scored goals with a shin that have made me jump for joy, I've had shots spin in off the post, and long-range shots into the corner aren't always a goal.

The AI is just too familiar for me to really get attached to it, but I think - my personal opinion here - that it's the better game.

(But the patches show the direction they'll be going in with FIFA this year - i.e. backwards.)
i see what you mean, that's bad that fifa isnt continuing with the same rather making patches for the worse, i dont mind fifa taking over pes as the game to play, i much rather buy fifa if it shows me that it has the pes feeling back, that air of unpredictability we used to have in the pes 5 and 6 but with modern animations sure, as it is now fifa needs to implement new animations i think it will make it the best game if new fluid animations like the fox engine offers.

FIFA has got me hooked so much atm which to me feels like playing old Skool PES in a big way, could be the latest patch combined with matt 10's final sliders and I'm playing on co-op camera, slow game speed, also for people saying teams play very similar I have to strongly disagree with you, I'm noticing all range of different tactics from different teams, also what I like is when u play the big sides u don't have much space or time with the ball but with the lesser teams depending on there tactics u have more time to create a magic pass or even dribble around depending on who your controlling, seriously I am impressed, and I'm also loving the fact that you have to earn your space to have a long range shot, the difference between hulk and someone average having a long range shot on goal is a massive difference, whereas PES didn't give me that satisfaction cos nearly all players can have perfect long range shots on goal, and another thing I like a lot is the fact u can't overuse the acceleration button, whereas in PES I can constantly use the acceleration button with every player and all was needed was timing to get past players, I really hope Fifa does not cave in to the casuals and build on what they have, never thought I'd ever say this about any Fifa game, well done,

I can totally understand this I feel the same way. I never thought that I would think that positively of a Fifa game

As some of you may or may not know, I have recently switched sides from PES to FIFA. But I still play PES5 with my brother because he cannot get into the new PES' or FIFA's. He recently went to Spain and bought PES2016 Euro edition for the PS3 because it was quite cheap.

We normally constantly play PES5 when we are together but today we decided to play PES2016. After 2 games we turned it off and went back to PES5. I can definitely say now that the reason I cannot stand PES2016 is because it is very much arcade football. Every player feels the same. I can control the ball the same with every player, I can dribble the same with every player, shoot the same with every player (wow the shooting is so overpowered). Giroud scored a fantastic goal for me but there was no feel good factor because every shot was close and powerful.

Whereas FIFA is proper simulation football. When I get the ball I really have to think about who I am controlling before I try to dribble, or shoot, or pass.

We enjoyed our games on PES5 but I wish I could get my brother into FIFA as I know he would really like it whether it's on PS3 or PS4.

I had to write this post because it is the first time that I've played 2 full games of PES and against a human too. But it was just one big negative experience.

I can definitely say now that the reason I cannot stand PES2016 is because it is very much arcade football.

Yes, it needs to be said clearly. The most arcade and the most childish of PES games I can remember.

By the way, geeeeee, I see you are still playing PES5. Do you have (if there's any) patch for 2015/2016 season around?

Yes, it needs to be said clearly. The most arcade and the most childish of PES games I can remember.

By the way, geeeeee, I see you are still playing PES5. Do you have (if there's any) patch for 2015/2016 season around?

Hi Tinker, yes I am working on a new option file but just doing a bit here and there. It probably won't be ready for a while as I've got more important commitments and have got so much into FIFA now. If you want I can upload a less than half finished one? All EPL teams are done and EURO team qualifiers. Let me know?

Just to clarify, it's not a patch. Everything I do is within the ingame editor so it's just an option file. ;)

Last edited:
Been playing Fifa solidly for over a month now, and one thing that gives me a lot of satisfaction is when I manage to score a long ranger in Fifa, cos depending on the player u control for me it's hard to constantly score em, but once it goes in, it's a full fist pump in the air, whereas in PES scoring and constantly shooting long range shots isn't satisfying at all, cos most of the time there easily done and with any player, still loving Fifa a lot and can't see myself slowing anytime sooner.

Yup,

same here.
Also on this sector I feel the player individuality as I bought midfielders with a good shotpower and a high long range value.
And you definitely feel it when these players take a shoot.
This also motivates me to train these two stats for my midfielder I scouted from the youth team.

What I dislike though when you score a long range goal:
The cam follows the ball in the net and then pans back to the scorer too soon/quick which makes it look awkward.
That´s nitpicking though and not a gamebreaker at all.
But propably the need to make it look like a TV broadcast as much as possible.

I've been playing PES a lot in the last month or so (see the ML Adventures thread in the PES forums), but decided to give FIFA another chance last night. (I stopped playing FIFA for a while after I did some experiments, playing as Liverpool v Accrington Stanley on different difficulty levels, and coming away really disappointed with how it felt).

There's some things I wanted to ask with those amongst you who've played both games - I'm looking for some input on this, and hopefully some good discussion. There's no malice in the below. I just find it curious.

Of all the goals I've scored in PES 2016, I've celebrated (i.e. fist-pumped, shouted or jumped out of my seat) for no more than three goals in total. With FIFA, I've celebrated at the very least 50% of the goals I've scored.

To add to this - last night playing FIFA, I managed to beat Leicester 4-1, as Liverpool, and I can remember my goals in detail (my first goal was a penalty from Ings, the second was a Sakho header from a corner that looped over the keeper, the third was a cut inside from Jordan Ibe and a shot off the post, and the last one was a hard shot from Sturridge inside the area that the keeper didn't even try to save). The day before, I played PES 2016 and won 4-0 as Bolton against Blackburn. I don't remember any of the goals.

So, firstly, is it just me who has experienced this?

If you have... Why do you think this is?

I've been thinking about it, and my immediate thought was that you see a wider variety of goals in FIFA and that's why they're more memorable - but actually, I don't think it's that. I think it's that. In PES, I somehow don't feel like it's "me" scoring the goals - I've had headers go in the opposite direction from what I've pressed, for example.

I use (the lowest level of) assistance in both games* (though I've dabbled with manual occasionally and felt the same), yet in FIFA I feel like there's more of my input "included" in the shots.

*Excluding manual shots that you can hit in PES by holding down a shoulder button - I wish FIFA had this option!

Does anyone else feel detached from the goals in PES? Or am I so used to FIFA's shooting that, when I play a game that does something else, I'm just surprised by (and therefore can't "accept") the resulting shots?

Last edited:
I feel the same. I dislike a lot in PES but for this topic its just the shooting mechanics. It's far too overpowered and there is no where near enough variance in shooting and hardly any requirement to set yourself before shooting, manual included. Most players can smash them from distance almost always on target, balance doesn't come into it and ive seen screamers with the outside of the foot which look impossible. It just kills the immersion for me.

Early PES17 videos are already showing similar traits with overpowered shots, unrealistic movement and change in direction whilst dribbling. I have also seen a cross whipped in from the right wing and the player hardly moved his foot.

On top of that on single player you also have to live with the same types of goals going in, always low and mainly bottom corner. Its just boring and repetitive.

FIFA has its faults but i genuinely think you need to think and plan far more and react to different situations hence the feeling of achievement when one goes in..looking forward to FIFA 17 with the new engine

I feel the same way, Chris.
Can´t tell you what it is though.

Could be so many factors together.
Like I said in the other thread: I came back to PES 2016/2015 a couple of times just to try stuff (like using manual and hopefully liking the game a bit more then) and to play it with an empty head.
I´m not one of those who has some kind of basic aversion to any of these two games.

But I hardly found any joy in PES 2016/2015.
At first it was refreshing seeing those player models and animations that really really look good and are mostly above FIFA´s, even there are great animations too...specially on keepers.
But after a couple of minutes and a few games, I felt quite unexcited.

FIFA 16 still lets me experience situations I haven´t seen before and that after so many months after release and after so many hours of playing.
This is quite a great feature which I hope they never lose and which I hope PES 2017 can gain.

It even made me recording goals again, just haven´t found the time uploading them.

What it could be? Can´t say but there is something in FIFA which makes me feel having a lot more freedom than PES does.
The ball feels like it´s something of it´s own thing.
And I don´t play manual, I play assisted.

In PES (only my personal feeling) it feels like the ball is always dependent on something...it´s hard to say.
But it feels like the behaviour of the ball on the pitch is kinda pre-programmed and maybe that´s the reason why some situations seem to be repetitive.

What I also don´t like since PES 2015 is the passing. It looks like there are a few invisible rails on the pitch in different angles on which the ball is sliding on.
In FIFA I don´t have that feeling. And in PES 2017 it doesn´t look that extreme no more.

Anyways...the PES 2017 gameplay vids look ok to me.
Seen a couple of great saves, goals and other situations.
I´ll try the demo for sure.

And if this game doesn´t click, I´ll probably have fun with FIFA 17.
And if that doesn´t click either, I´ll have FIFA 16.

Last edited:
It's time for this thread to be moved to the PES forum, us Fifa fans have taken care of it for long enough, time for its Mother to share custody...

I feel the same. I dislike a lot in PES but for this topic its just the shooting mechanics. It's far too overpowered and there is no where near enough variance in shooting and hardly any requirement to set yourself before shooting, manual included. Most players can smash them from distance almost always on target, balance doesn't come into it and ive seen screamers with the outside of the foot which look impossible. It just kills the immersion for me.

Early PES17 videos are already showing similar traits with overpowered shots, unrealistic movement and change in direction whilst dribbling. I have also seen a cross whipped in from the right wing and the player hardly moved his foot.

On top of that on single player you also have to live with the same types of goals going in, always low and mainly bottom corner. Its just boring and repetitive.

FIFA has its faults but i genuinely think you need to think and plan far more and react to different situations hence the feeling of achievement when one goes in..looking forward to FIFA 17 with the new engine
i feel the same, it's the just that mixture of good and bad things in Pes that is annoying for example:
-player movement and positioning and build up play feels more realistic on PES, but at the same time the shooting mechanics comes in which are bad and no variation to it, on the other hand what s missing in fifa is the arcadey type of build up, with the game catered to be pick up and play with no knowledge about when u have to pass, or when to time ur run etc, but fifa does the matchday atmosphere much much better, plus the stadiums(old trafford feels like old trafford, nets close to the stands etc..

I watched the PES Gamescom footage on Gamersyde, pace is nice, animations still very weird and unnatural when turning/transitioning, liked the way a cross was screwed up and the ball went out of play with the attacker falling over as he tried to make the cross unbalanced, in Fifa it would probably be a perfect cross. All in all it looked ok, visually a generation behind Fifa but then it's usually the case, shame Konami have turned into such anti-PC cunts, I'd never buy a PES until the PC version at minimum is on par with current gen, obviously we all know a PC version of any game should surpass current gen visually.

Can't get past my cm game save,playing as Sunderland vs Bolton,and I get bored out of my mind by the CPU on FIFA,sideways and fw short passing,never ever one long ball.
Tried that match 8-9 times.
Used to like my first 3 season,but now,boring as hell.
Think I enjoyed 15 more
Guess that's the downside playing two games,both good in their own way.
Think the only time I've enjoyed FIFA 16 is playing lower league,PL is a nightmare,overpowered players and overpowerd league.
Hopefully both PES and FIFA releases good games this season,even though I'm loving my PES 16 atm

Last edited:
Both games are simply not good enough for 2016.
Think of how good pes was back in the day, if you showed us Pes 16 and Fifa 16 back in 1999 you wouldn't believe the games could play so badly and regressed.
Visually you'd be impressed but bored after a few games

The reality is that the "perfect" football game would be a cross between Fifa and PES.

The pinnacle of enjoyment for me was PES 5, it wasn't without it's flaws, infact some people appear to forget the anger and criticisms aimed towards 5 and 6 on release.

Anyway I tend to buy both games each year and while EA provide a very polished experience, I just find pes games generally more fun, although I found pretty much all of them released on the ps3 and 360 terrible. The best one last gen was probably pes 6 on the 360.

I find fifa 2016 to just feel a bit sterile, I can't describe why though, I just don't find it fun, pes 2016 is more enjoyable but if I'm honest I don't find either one great. I certainly don't see myself looking back in 5 years and thinking "Oh man pes 2016 was awesome", although it's been the first pes game in years I've stuck with to some degree.

Last edited:
Back in the day PES was more innovative,cause we all remember how shitty FIFA was.
Think Ea has done a great job,bringing that series to where it is now.
But here's the thing,were do they go now?
The FUT Kids are strong as hell,that's were the cash is, so FIFA trying to make a sim,that's not going to happend,if you want "sim" well we/you create it yourselves.

PES hasn't had that big FUT crowd yet,but I think them copying FIFA is the wrong way to go,they need to go their own way,getting a good solid gameplay.
Things they could emulate,is presentation,but then so could FIFA,looking at 2k,who's got that nailed.

Think at the end of the day,FIFA will choose FIFA and PES will choose PES.
Two different games,which is great.
Wish they could make two editions for it though,one for the on line crowd and one true sim game.
A game that lies in between sim/FUT is making no one happy

And when it comes to reminiscing about old games,yeah I think I had 15-20 seasons on PES 6 and probably 5-10 on PES 5.
I bought a used PS3 just to play older games the other week,and started playing PES 13 on it.
That game is one of the better in the series,with 5 and probably 6-11.
But playing those games now,and enjoying them as much as I have PES 16 and FIFA 14 not gonna happend.
They were good then,if I should play 3 seasons on ML or career mode now,with those games,I'd shoot myself.
Horrible presentation,players being thick as a tea spoon,everything feels on rails compared to to PES 15-16 and FIFA 15-16
Anyway,my thoughts

Last edited:
And when it comes to reminiscing about old games,yeah I think I had 15-20 seasons on PES 6 and probably 5-10 on PES 5.
I bought a used PS3 just to play older games the other week,and started playing PES 13 on it.
That game is one of the better in the series,with 5 and probably 6-11.
But playing those games now,and enjoying them as much as I have PES 16 and FIFA 14 not gonna happend.
They were good then,if I should play 3 seasons on ML or career mode now,with those games,I'd shoot myself.
Horrible presentation,players being thick as a tea spoon,everything feels on rails compared to to PES 15-16 and FIFA 15-16
Anyway,my thoughts

I know there are some people on this forum who actually still play the old games on ps2 etc but I think many people are simply looking back with rose tinted specs.

I loved ISS 64, ISS on PS1 at the time, and but I reckon playing that today would be a disaster. I've not played pes 5 for a long time but as you say I think I'd probably be in for a shock trying to suddenly boot that up today and do a master league.

I see the same story each year for every game, a game is released, people criticise it, then the next one is released and suddenly people look back at older games (forgetting that they had criticised those games too).

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that both of these games (fifa and pes) are close to being absolutely great, it's literally just a few tweaks that need to be made to either game with regards to the gameplay, but in a way I don't think they want to do that. They want to leave stuff out to add as a "feature" the following year.

If I'm honest I think a longer dev cycle would work wonders, they could release every 2 years and simply provide a patch, or even dlc at a push to update the squads in-between.

The thing is neither EA or Konami are going to go down that route first as they'd miss out on a huge amount of sales, and the consumer benefit is obviously way down their list of priorities.

Last edited:
I know there are some people on this forum who actually still play the old games on ps2 etc but I think many people are simply looking back with rose tinted specs.

I loved ISS 64, ISS on PS1 at the time, and but I reckon playing that today would be a disaster. I've not played pes 5 for a long time but as you say I think I'd probably be in for a shock trying to suddenly boot that up today and do a master league.

I see the same story each year for every game, a game is released, people criticise it, then the next one is released and suddenly people look back at older games (forgetting that they had criticised those games too).

I think the most frustrating thing for me is that both of these games (fifa and pes) are close to being absolutely great, it's literally just a few tweaks that need to be made to either game with regards to the gameplay, but in a way I don't think they want to do that. They want to leave stuff out to add as a "feature" the following year.

If I'm honest I think a longer dev cycle would work wonders, they could release every 2 years and simply provide a patch, or even dlc at a push to update the squads in-between.

The thing is neither EA or Konami are going to go down that route first as they'd miss out on a huge amount of sales, and the consumer benefit is obviously way down their list of priorities.
Really good post mate,and I agree on what you're saying.
Wouldn't it be great to just have an update/DLC year two with rosters and tweaks.
I see very small changes every year,didn't play FIFA enough to see the diffence between 15-16.
Saw a bigger leap between PES 15-16,
I enjoyed my FIFA 15 game a lot though,went back and played it when I stopped playing PES 16, since I didn't enjoy it last year.
Bought a new console with FIFA 16,so played that for a few season,then bought PES 16...again.
And now I'm enjoying that one massively since latest dlc.
So older games,not to old,with updates/DLCs can still be vital and very good.
So every two years,absolutely,but financially it's not going to happend.
Imagine if 2k decided to make a footy game,with their latest games (15 but mainly 16) they'd sweep both companies away,they really have amazing games now,great career modes both for managers and players,plus one hell of a online mode.

Just hope both companies keep putting out good products,wish they would put out a mind blowing product though

Imagine if 2k decided to make a footy game,with their latest games (15 but mainly 16) they'd sweep both companies away,they really have amazing games now,great career modes both for managers and players,plus one hell of a online mode.

Just hope both companies keep putting out good products,wish they would put out a mind blowing product though

More competition would be great, I remember back in the day when lot's of different devs were making football games, pes and fifa were still the "big" ones, but we had some choice at least. But I guess no one want's to try competing as they feel they might not have much of a chance.

The thing I'll never understand are the people that seem loyal to a certain game. Many of us on here just want a good football game.

I honestly couldn't care less who makes it, and to be honest I want both games to be great, so it pushes the other devs to better themselves.

It would be a sad day for us all if we were left with only one football game on the market. EA certainly aren't going nowhere, so I hope Konami don't ever decide to throw in the towel and just focus on mobile games completely for example.

I buy both games every year and it's been such a long time that I've actually loved either of them, not sure if it's maybe down to me though, I'm not getting any younger so perhaps I'm growing out of gaming or something....

Last edited:
More competition would be great, I remember back in the day when lot's of different devs were making football games, pes and fifa were still the "big" ones, but we had some choice at least. But I guess no one want's to try competing as they feel they might not have much of a chance.

The thing I'll never understand are the people that seem loyal to a certain game. Many of us on here just want a good football game.

I honestly couldn't care less who makes it, and to be honest I want both games to be great, so it pushes the other devs to better themselves.

It would be a sad day for us all if we were left with only one football game on the market. EA certainly aren't going nowhere, so I hope Konami don't ever decide to throw in the towel and just focus on mobile games completely for example.

I buy both games every year and it's been such a long time that I've actually loved either of them, not sure if it's maybe down to me though, I'm not getting any younger so perhaps I'm growing out of gaming or something....
Thought id grow out of it,probably around Ps2 or something,naah,once gamer you know.
I'm 40, and I still enjoy gaming everyday,pretty much skate pools and parks every day too.
Bet I didn't think I'd do that 20 years ago.
Branding is a tricky one,if you quit the game/brand you'd been loyal to for years,then you've pretty much cheated yourself,on the other hand,staying loyal to crap is kinda stupid.
Have no problem going back and forth between FIFA and PES,but always had a love for the underdog,and like PES a bit more.
I would love to love FIFA,it's less complicated,everything's there and so on,but use to love patching the old games with kits and stadiums,that's probably why I like PES more.
Just played a ML game on my PES 13, and that game is really shit,and it's only four years old,feels like more.
So with all the complaining bout newer games,they're miles a ahead of the older ones.
Somethings are better with age,video games? Not that much.
Remember playing GTA? compare that to GTA 5, and it's a no brainer.
Kill your darlings is a good expression,and should be used more:)

Back
Top Bottom