FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

Have you really just compared WE/PES 14 and FIFA 16 ..PES 14 had so many issues.
I think the PES v FIFA debate is pretty much closed this year just look in the PES thread fans are now going back to PES 13 , 6 and even 5 again..it's just pure nostalgia.
FIFA 17 will hopefully build on this FIFA 18 will probably implement some VR features whilst PES will carry on doing what it does best and not fixing 3/4 of the same issues year on year

Both games have big flaws this year its a case of choose which one you can put up with with most

For me its pes i just cannot stomach millwall playling like real madrid ect in FIFA the amount of bullshit that goes on against you is almost as disgraceful as the attacking ai shooting in pes both but i can cope with it to get some enjoyment in the latter

Safe to say neither game will be remembered as a classic

In my opinion Pes has more advence physics engine than Fifa but they don't use it for 100% power. Im sure Pes 2017 will be use 70-80% power HaVok engine in Pes. Pes has better basic right now than Fifa for future games. Fifa 12-16 use the same engine and between them i don't see many physics changes. Pes has much more potecial :))

In my opinion Pes has more advence physics engine than Fifa but they don't use it for 100% power. Im sure Pes 2017 will be use 70-80% power HaVok engine in Pes. Pes has better basic right now than Fifa for future games. Fifa 12-16 use the same engine and between them i don't see many physics changes. Pes has much more potecial :))

doesnt matter if AT keeps telling AB that proper ball physics not needed ....to have his own little arcadey FIFAish clone where he can score easy goals

both game failed big time

FIFA:

- not enough inertia, players tend to use much frequently their wrong foot i dont get it, all the teams tend to play the same
- these patches will screw up the game every year as the majority of the fans will ask for an arcade sprint-shooting easy game fest
- whats up with this running away from the loose ball bug? why havent fixed yet?
- too much unlogical error in shots. if you in a great position, with the right player with his stronger foot he still can kick the ball horribly for no reason
- this giving a penalty/fk after shooting if its not a goal, what is this ref decision?
- the dumbed down ai via patches...yet it can cheat to win anytime with any team

Overall too many annoying things that ruin the experience on long term.

PES:

- horrible ball physics
- horrible referees
- not enough animations
- lack of content
- horrible penalty system

This game can last 4-5 games top.

But i see more potential in FIFA as the tide is turning regarding arcade/simulation wise over the years now.

Last edited:

+1

Potential means nothing unless its fulfilled, its been showing potential since 2014 but still has the same glaring flaws.

Potential means nothing unless its fulfilled, its been showing potential since 2014 but still has the same glaring flaws.

It will have potential forever but never fulfilled if KONAMI continues to treat Pes as a Myclub game.

Agreed 100% (but I would also apply this to FIFA).

It will have potential forever but never fulfilled if KONAMI continues to treat Pes as a Myclub game.
Agreed 200% (and this could also be applied to FIFA)!

I'm still enjoying FIFA but the limitations are really disappointing, especially when you get Crystal Palace playing like Barcelona because you're 1-0 up in the cup.

But FUT fans are begging for FIFA to be faster and "more fun", and PES fans are completely fucking ignored (which is even worse), so... The 2017 versions are destined to be terrible, aren't they. :(

But FUT fans are begging for FIFA to be faster and "more fun", and PES fans are completely fucking ignored (which is even worse), so... The 2017 versions are destined to be terrible, aren't they. :(

Have you read that in several forums or are you assuming?

This is quite a pity as FUT itself is a good concept.
Good for the users and good for EA.
There are millions of people out there buying FIFA points for packages and still you can go quite far without spending real money (it just needs a bit more time).

The only problem is that the gameplay is ugly.
In the higher divisions at least. At first I had great games, tight ones, lost some, won some.

But since I got to division 3 there is hardcore full pressing, kick rush shit going on like hell. And the scripting/momentum does its part as well. You can´t have a proper match....that´s really sad.

This won´t ever change I guess.

Have you read that in several forums or are you assuming?
From all the reviews that say "FIFA 16 is too slow with too much build-up and not enough fun", to all the official FIFA forum posts I've read that say it's too slow and "boring", I can assure you, I'm not assuming.

Guys like EA love Metacritics, too, so when they look at the score for FIFA 15 (fast with the emphasis on "fun") compared to FIFA 16 (slow with the emphasis on "realism"), they come to the conclusion that this isn't the game that people want.

The worst bit is, most of the reviews mention PES and the "better flow" and how this year is PES's year - if they look into the reviews in enough detail to consider that, then, what the hell is FIFA 17 going to be like?

Mmhhh ok,

I just asked as I never came across any other fifa forum.
I think FIFA 16 went to the right direction according to pace specially.
Would love to have more options than only "slow, normal and fast" though.
A wider game speed range like PES got it.

That for offline only, as FUT or online prolly never won´t change.
Except if they would create two different modes...arcadey, fast FUT, like kick and rush stuff and a slower one, without momentum that heads more to a simulation.
But I don´t think that they would do us this favour.

Playing one mode only (offline CM in this case) on a full FIFA game can´t be the thing either.

Funny how when the game was first released a few said we will have 'two' good games this year.

We are not even in March and yet both games have not only been horrendous but both have a bleak future.

PES has massive potential but its a doubt if Konami care they way they are going on. They only seem to care about micro-transactions.

FIFA badly, desperately needs a overhaul and new engine as its clear the more they work on this FIFA 10 with add ons engine the worse the game gets with more and more issues coming from EA refusing to address the core of the game.

Back 6 years ago i used to complain so much about FIFA 10 and its easiness but that game was miles better than what we have seen recently because it allowed you to enjoy yourself and gave revolutionary freedom. FIFA 16 is just straight up weird.

It has the usual FIFA hallmark of the better you get, the more predictable the games become, but i mean issues such as few to no low shots allowed or being effective will all shots being floaty and into the top corner is not just weird and bizarre it showing there are severe issues with the elements they have added over the years working together. Right now its impossible for EA to produce a balanced game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTrgOIDUbi4

Interesting post over on NeoGAF regarding sports games and the lack of individuality now.

NeoGAF: Input reading AI is absolutely the worst

This is really, really bad in PES 2016. At times you have to be forced to mirror the AI's tactics to stop them because the decides to put force fields around their players and no matter their stats they can always shimmy around your tackles with perfect control.

I've been playing quite a lot of FIFA the last days, and i quite like it, despite the fact that i will never be any good at it.
The thing is that i play with the PES controls (alternative?) and so it will always be difficult to follow the tutorials.

For a PES player the licenses and the fact that this game seems far less scripted are a breath of fresh air. EA is also a much more customer friendly company IMO.

The only gripe that i still have is that i have the feeling that PES still feels more lie real football. Playing PEs you have to think more like on a football field.

I should probably also switch camera's (what camera do you guys play?).

Not sure of this opinion is very valid, since i feel i'm only scratching at the surface of the game...there are so many things that i find difficult (penalties and free kicks for example).

I set single player and multiplayer cams to custom height 18,zoom 4.
You see more pitch and players that way.

I switch between the Co-op and the Be A Pro cameras if it helps, Gerd. I used to think it was crazy to play it that way, but I find I can spot potential interceptions much more easily from the Be A Pro angle...

That's a good article, and gets to almost a philosophical debate about what a football game SHOULD be simulating.

There are two options to a consumer:
1. I want to recreate the professional sport as accurately as possible. So 99/100 Bermuda will lose to Brazil, no matter who is controlling which team
2. I want to build a football experience controlled by the player, where superior playing ability enables Bermuda to win the World Cup.

Unfortunately, the two are kind of mutually exclusive, at least within the same game. What you'd need would be nigh on revolutionary - a slider for 'real vs game', where at 0 stats mean nothing and it's all down to user input and at 100 stats mean everything, and your league 3 defender really can't pass it to a teammate 3 feet away.

Would be absolutely amazing if the big companies would do it, but I imagine with FIFA the programming isn't actually stat driven for a lot of interactions, so it probablyw wouldn't be possible.

i cant have fun with either of the two at the moment

FIFA feels so ice skating again
PES feels too rigid and unfinished

too bad the EURO comes and i dont have any footy to play, gotta go back to PES 6 again

i cant have fun with either of the two at the moment

FIFA feels so ice skating again
PES feels too rigid and unfinished

too bad the EURO comes and i dont have any footy to play, gotta go back to PES 6 again

What settings are you using on FIFA gabe?

I really dont feel like its skating at all. But i used to hate FIFA but now i am very impressed with it.

i play with the default game and with one of Matt's early sliders but the problem is that i tried PES again with the EURO DLC and man players have weight, the ball has weight so FIFA just doesnt feel right after PES. too bad on the other hand that one has too many flaws

i play with the default game and with one of Matt's early sliders but the problem is that i tried PES again with the EURO DLC and man players have weight, the ball has weight so FIFA just doesnt feel right after PES. too bad on the other hand that one has too many flaws

I play the default game without day1 patch, and i played pes 2016 too. For me, the weight of the players is good on both, it definitely doesn't feel like ice-skating (fifa 15 was). There are so much more variations on fifa 16 than pes 2016 though.

^ I said that is the fifa thread , I saw a goal the other day that I'd never seen before . 7 months after release ..on PES it's like oh that goal again out wide, pass inside bottom corner ...so dull

I ll site my problems with both games
PeS:1-horrible keepers
2_no fouls as if referee ignores.
3_no variation in shooting
4_ai superhuman and too much scripted ai goals
Fifa:ill site the goods and bad about fifa
Goods:more shot variation makes it more unpredictable.
The bads:bournmouth playing like real madrid on world class difficulty, totally unrealistic.
Animations are behind pes sure but for the overall gameplay i have to admit that fifa can be played much more than pes this year.
Its bad and disapointing how at this time with the graphics we have companies still cant make the most of a football videogame.

Sorry gabe I have to disagree with you on that one. I think that the players do have weight and the passing, wow with the right player (R2 and pass) and you can drive that pass into space. I also love the way you can barge players off the ball if the player is strong enough. Sometimes it results in a free kick sometimes not. Things like that add a bit of extra variety. "Shall I sprint after that loose ball hoping to get there before the striker or shall I just barge him slightly to slow him down" situations like that all add to this game.

I'm actually finding PES2016 very arcadey now, it seems all players have perfect control, perfect dribble. I played a game tonight and still cannot get into it. My shots feel over powered either on target or just wide on manual. For the first time ever I am very much leaning to FIFA.

I do feel your pain though gabe, it has taken me so long to find a footy game that I enjoy so much. Over ten years in fact, since PES5.

I ll site my problems with both games
PeS:1-horrible keepers
2_no fouls as if referee ignores.
3_no variation in shooting
4_ai superhuman and too much scripted ai goals
Fifa:ill site the goods and bad about fifa
Goods:more shot variation makes it more unpredictable.
The bads:bournmouth playing like real madrid on world class difficulty, totally unrealistic.
Animations are behind pes sure but for the overall gameplay i have to admit that fifa can be played much more than pes this year.
Its bad and disapointing how at this time with the graphics we have companies still cant make the most of a football videogame.

Sorry too ramgamer but I'm not experiencing that since using Matt10's sliders. Admittedly I'm only playing in the Championship but not experiencing low teams play like that. If they pass it around it's mostly inside their own half and then I just wait for them to move into my half and they give away poor passes. I just make sure I don't press them too much. :)

Completely agree with gee there. Playing world class default sliders full manual, i definitely feel difference between poor teams and class teams.

Sorry gabe I have to disagree with you on that one. I think that the players do have weight and the passing, wow with the right player (R2 and pass) and you can drive that pass into space. I also love the way you can barge players off the ball if the player is strong enough. Sometimes it results in a free kick sometimes not. Things like that add a bit of extra variety. "Shall I sprint after that loose ball hoping to get there before the striker or shall I just barge him slightly to slow him down" situations like that all add to this game.

I'm actually finding PES2016 very arcadey now, it seems all players have perfect control, perfect dribble. I played a game tonight and still cannot get into it. My shots feel over powered either on target or just wide on manual. For the first time ever I am very much leaning to FIFA.

I do feel your pain though gabe, it has taken me so long to find a footy game that I enjoy so much. Over ten years in fact, since PES5.

Sorry too ramgamer but I'm not experiencing that since using Matt10's sliders. Admittedly I'm only playing in the Championship but not experiencing low teams play like that. If they pass it around it's mostly inside their own half and then I just wait for them to move into my half and they give away poor passes. I just make sure I don't press them too much. :)

yeah every team certainly does not play like barcelona and i stand by that on default sliders up to world class level, with sliders applied and i use my own even less so

yeah every team certainly does not play like barcelona and i stand by that on default sliders up to world class level, with sliders applied and i use my own even less so
So you think it's Legendary that causes Burnley to play like Barcelona?

Interesting - I found that World Class meant the AI started doing quick, accurate passes to the point where I'd just drop the controller and let them do what they wanted (but then missed most of their shooting opportunities).

This was even raised on the official FIFA forums (which, by-and-large, is kids bitching about Ultimate Team), to the point where there was a group of people all agreeing that World Class and Legendary were the "wrong way around" and that it could even be a bug!

I wonder if they've made any changes to World Class in the patches, might have to give it a go tonight...

So you think it's Legendary that causes Burnley to play like Barcelona?

Interesting - I found that World Class meant the AI started doing quick, accurate passes to the point where I'd just drop the controller and let them do what they wanted (but then missed most of their shooting opportunities).

This was even raised on the official FIFA forums (which, by-and-large, is kids bitching about Ultimate Team), to the point where there was a group of people all agreeing that World Class and Legendary were the "wrong way around" and that it could even be a bug!

I wonder if they've made any changes to World Class in the patches, might have to give it a go tonight...

Try the default game even without the day one patch. The cpu with poor team plays good passes in his own half but then it's more difficult for the cpu when he crosses the middle line. At least that is my experience. And yes legacy defending maybe that's why.

Back
Top Bottom