Sony PlayStation 3

People have talked about LittleBigPlanet being the perfect Wii title. However, I suspect that it wouldn't have the same effect with SD graphics and tacked on motion controls though! :lol:

The Wii Sport graphics with the random stick men were amusing at first, but I dread to think whether this is the sight of things to come with the Wii. It becomes a worry if companies such as Konami slow down their progress on Winning Eleven visuals to allow implementable graphics on the Wii :(

It's funny as I felt that Sony were harming the handheld games sector by having excellent and complicated graphics with the PSP - but luckily people saw the light with the DS and it's cartoony graphics and well implemented innovative control system. It's the other way round for me with the Wii :(

Last edited:
I think that the PS3 should be judged fairly by using a HDTV. The graphical difference is large compared to PS2. A bit annoyed by the jaggies still... is it really that hard to use hardware to remove AA????

I agree that the Wii gfx seem less acceptable for a at-home console, played ona big screen. The games so far (bar Zelda) seem pretty gimmicky. I'm not a fanboy as I have pretty much bought every console so far, but the Wii just bores me to death.

However, for on the go play, I think the DS has a great games library now, with games that are less gimmicky. I actually sold my NDS after a few months becoz the intial batch of games were so mindless. Nintendogs was the final straw.

For PS3 owners in HK, Motorstorm is confirmed to have online play and has been available to buy since 26th April... go get it!!!

Cheers Adonis for the news SKU news.
I would have thought the 60GB would be scrapped alotogether by the end of the year.

My main problem with the Wii.

I agree its a second console, but the success so far scares me as developers will jump on the bandwagon because they can make loads of money with cheaper projects on the Wii. Once thay start putting their A team on Wii games the true nextgen versions will start to suffer.

you're right

I fear that dev are already lazy enough

Quite surprised they only upped it to an 80GB drive, I thought they would of went 120 like MS. I know both companies will be thinking of DL Movies etc, but with Hard Drives that big, will more games become Downloadable, or will it just be DLC becoming bigger?

Quite surprised they only upped it to an 80GB drive, I thought they would of went 120 like MS. I know both companies will be thinking of DL Movies etc, but with Hard Drives that big, will more games become Downloadable, or will it just be DLC becoming bigger?

Nowaday all these next gen games are taking twice as long to produce so I think they might be using all the downable stuff to their advatage so that the wait doesn't feel so long ontop of maybe having certain quick media/games downloadable as extra income for funding the big projects...

I know both companies will be thinking of DL Movies etc, but with Hard Drives that big, will more games become Downloadable, or will it just be DLC becoming bigger?

Any news on this from Sony, in US or UK?
I want to know what studio support (apart from Sony Pictures) they have.
I want to know SCEE stance, esp. if they release HD films on their network... rendering Blu-Ray films useless sort of.

So would you guys say a PS3 with Ridge Racer 7 and Motorstorm is worth £330?

Ooof, I thought you were selling, not buying... The 360 didn't become a great machine until 6-12 months after release, when there were great games available. With the PS3, what have you got? An arcade racing game and a decent FPS. You won't be doing anything with it for the first three months you have it, because there's nothing worth having yet.

The price will drop further the longer you wait (and Ridge Racer you can get on the 360 anyway), so if you've got any sense you'll wait. But if you're like me... Well... Good luck to you!!

I heartily recommend Hot Shots Golf 5... it's a fantastic game with v intuitive controls and superb atmosphere. Even my missus enjoys a few rounds!!! I honestly believe HSG5 is one of the most underrated games. It's utterly charming. Despite criticisms that it's just the same as the previous iterations, the game is so mellow, it's perfect to chill out to.

Just as a comparison, I loaded up PSP Tiger Woods 2007... man, does that game suck. The tutorial was cumbersome, controls silly (adding spin to the ball whilst it's in mid air - and you can change the spin in multiple directions too whilst it's in flight. I thought I was controlling a remote-controlled aeroplane). The physics in this game really seem unnatural & the gfx are pretty awful.

I have a PS3 for over a month now.
I've hesitated a long time between a PS3 and an XBOX 360 but finally took the PS3 because i think the next PES3 will be developed esepecially for the PS3 (which is only a hunch).
So far there are only two very good games on the PS3: Motorstorm and NBA 2K7.
I hope there will be more great games, but i have the impression that microsoft could win the battle because they have the better games...

I heartily recommend Hot Shots Golf 5... it's a fantastic game with v intuitive controls and superb atmosphere. Even my missus enjoys a few rounds!!! I honestly believe HSG5 is one of the most underrated games. It's utterly charming. Despite criticisms that it's just the same as the previous iterations, the game is so mellow, it's perfect to chill out to.

Just as a comparison, I loaded up PSP Tiger Woods 2007... man, does that game suck. The tutorial was cumbersome, controls silly (adding spin to the ball whilst it's in mid air - and you can change the spin in multiple directions too whilst it's in flight. I thought I was controlling a remote-controlled aeroplane). The physics in this game really seem unnatural & the gfx are pretty awful.

You compared a PS3 game to a PSP game?

Yeah but as someone once told me you can turn all that Tiger Woods bullshit off and make it more realistic.

I am now back online at home and fired up my PS3 to notice that the PlayStation Store still doesnt have much content on it.... That sucks

Dj

You compared a PS3 game to a PSP game?

In fairness my comments would apply to comparing Hots Shots Open Tee on PSP with Tiger Woods on PSP.

The mechanics on Hot Shots games are pretty sublime. Even my wife who is pretty console illiterate can enjoy a good round and play all the necessary shots.

I just found Tiger Woods emotionally draining. That must have been the cheesy EA Sports tutorial.

Well I figured I'd only have the money this month so I went and bought one for £300, brand new and still sealed. Its also a kind of insurance policy as I've had my 360 for some time now and am expecting the red lights, and I wouldn't be able to afford a new console after this month anyway. Hope I made the right choice!

PlayStation Store updated for US users but not us Europeans.... Cheers cunts! Why do Sony always shaft us?

Dj

I do like the PS3 region-free, just set up a fake USA account so I can go on their PS3 store and try MLB 2k7 before I buy it. I wanted it for the 360 but it was region-locked :(

Well looking at the PS3 release list, there's hard;y any exclusives coming to it, and the games that are multi-format I'll get for my 360 so my PS3 isn't looking too good of a buy at the moment :( I'm scouring eBay looking for the good PS2 titles that work to play on it though hehe :)

Just won GTA: Liberty City Stories for £7 delivered :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looking at the PS3 release list, there's hard;y any exclusives coming to it, and the games that are multi-format I'll get for my 360 so my PS3 isn't looking too good of a buy at the moment :( I'm scouring eBay looking for the good PS2 titles that work to play on it though hehe :)

Just won GTA: Liberty City Stories for £7 delivered :)

So your gonna get Pro 7 on 360?

Good luck with that!

Back
Top Bottom