PES 2015 Discussion thread. PC

good news,and now a pc demo and all is well
All is well until the complaining starts up all over again about the demo gameplay, the demo graphics, the demo player faces... The annual cycle of internet gamer moaning, lol.

It's normal, if you ask me.
A game represents the view of its developers so it's pretty impossible that all the buyers (or the ones that are waiting for it, or the ones that try the demo) are completely satisfied of it. Hardly any buyer would be.
I, despite liking many games, probably would never find the perfect football game, or the perfect FPS, or even the perfect game at all (because for being perfect to me it should be tailored exactly on my ideas, which differ to your ones, which on turn differ from everyone else's in here).

The secret is being aware that we must not look for perfection, only for something that suits personal taste (hence why for example some people like FIFA while other people like PES). The ones who just look for the perfect game for them are doomed to moaning and complaining forever.

And that's the reason why I'm a little nitpicky on kits for example, but I'm still positive and looking forward to this.

Last edited:
It's normal, if you ask me.
A game represents the view of its developers so it's pretty impossible that all the buyers (or the ones that are waiting for it, or the ones that try the demo) are completely satisfied of it. Hardly any buyer would be.
I, despite liking many games, probably would never find the perfect football game, or the perfect FPS, or even the perfect game at all (because for being perfect to me it should be tailored exactly on my ideas, which differ to your ones, which on turn differ from everyone else's in here).

The secret is being aware that we must not look for perfection, only for something that suits personal taste (hence why for example some people like FIFA while other people like PES). The ones who just look for the perfect game for them are doomed to moaning and complaining forever.

And that's the reason why I'm a little nitpicky on kits for example, but I'm still positive and looking forward to this.
Great post. My take: we're lucky to have two great (and different) football games to play. I play both for different reasons, both are fun, and I never buy the next year's iteration unless it seems worth it. I didn't buy FIFA 11 or 14, and I skipped PES 10 and 12. Life is too happy and WAY too short to spend time complaining about a video game, let alone something one can't anything about anyway, lol.

I agree with *aLe and I would like to add that if you really and truly want to ruin any game in existence, join a forum and discuss it and read what others hate about it. It's guaranteed to make you aware of tons of "issues" with the game that you regularly wouldn't have noticed on your own.

I agree with *aLe and I would like to add that if you really and truly want to ruin any game in existence, join a forum and discuss it and read what others hate about it. It's guaranteed to make you aware of tons of "issues" with the game that you regularly wouldn't have noticed on your own.

That's true, but on the positive side you can also learn some tips and tricks that you would never have known otherwise.

This is good news indeed.
But still I'm worried about a thing (it's a little thing, but I'm a little nitpicky about kits and I hate this in PES 2014): the loose/baggy kits.
I'm afraid they'll fix them for NG but we'll get the same PES 2014 models on CG. Look at these South American players, each and every of them is wearing a shirt that is at least 2 sizes bigger than it should be:
021678.jpg

On the other hand, tight-fit kits e.g. Barcelona look right to me.

If it's solved, I think I can live without dynamic lighting and better crowds for this year (just remember that PES 5/6 on PC had no crowd at all during gameplay and it had to be added via LODmixer).

By the way, in the spoiler you can see better what I mean with kits. Look at Neuer, his shirt is so big that he is nearly drowning into it:
italiatopgames_j5AD21ncQ14W06QLxFffGS9C3B8yXyD5U72FV2Xe.jpg
Plus, in the final PES 2014 release LOD was way, way, way worse than this (to the extent that taken the same shot every player behind Neuer would be pixelated/have a very bad 3D model), it's way too conservative.

+1

kits models must be same as ps4...pes 2014 kits were too large !

Pc differences are confirmed by Bhatti

Twitter / Adam Bhatti:

@tamer_balll These are the differences between new consoles and PC. I hope you understand the details. Thanks. http://t.co/VPzUQXLYH7

8:21 PM Aug 21st via Twitter Web Client
http://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/502596361255415808

Good news, indeed!

I don´t wanna bash Adam but why the hell didn´t he just say that in the very first beginning?
Maybe he didn´t know but why the hell didn´t he know?
Why couldn´t he have that info earlier? That would have saved so many nerves from users and forum pages, lol.

And him quoting that guy Luca from the official PES FB page doesn´t make it look any better.

Anyways, good news, glad that PC/PS4 differences are clear now.

I SAY: LUCA for PES EUROPEAN BRAND MANAGER :SMUG:

Good news, indeed!

I don´t wanna bash Adam but why the hell didn´t he just say that in the very first beginning?
Maybe he didn´t know but why the hell didn´t he know?
Why couldn´t he have that info earlier? That would have saved so many nerves from users and forum pages, lol.

And him quoting that guy Luca from the official PES FB page doesn´t make it look any better.

I said this yesterday. Konami don't help themselves, do they? Sadly there will be some people who read the initial news about the PC version who don't know about yesterday's clarification - they may have lost interest in the game after that.

Jamez please don't feed the Polish troll.

The problem isn't with USB support, but with png files which PS4/XBone don't recognize. There is also an issue with PS4/XBone file sharing between users as files you send from your own console to USB Drive... Are hashed. Ie. the file system is checked on your friend console and if there is hash re-check error, you cannot use those files on another console.

That's what PS4 modders were looking into before. Also PS4/XBone were said not to use Option Files, but in later conversation they said it will use OFs. Unclear though. Too many unknowns really. However, the biggest issue next-gen owners might face is... Quite a paradox here, lack of PC modders working on game. Without HQ PC patches, PS3 users wouldn't get their OF with kits and other stuff (ripped from PC patches!).

It works both ends. PC modders work for PC users, but console gamers use their stuff to update their game. Not the other way round.

Well if it isnt the guy formerly known as info0 & also as temporaomores.
Twice banned and now thrice banned.
Your posts will be cleared off this board.

Last edited:
Found an interesting article about PC Digital sales and that it amounted to 92% of the total sales in 2013.

Link: http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/18/pc-game-sales-are-92-digital/

Due to the region restriction on Steam (currently based in the far east), I can't access the PES2014 page on the Steam Store. Is it received well there? IINM, you can only review a game you own on Steam right? The number of reviews would be interesting as well.

Cheers.

Found an interesting article about PC Digital sales and that it amounted to 92% of the total sales in 2013.

Due to the region restriction on Steam (currently based in the far east), I can't access the PES2014 page on the Steam Store. Is it received well there? IINM, you can only review a game you own on Steam right? The number of reviews would be interesting as well.
To be clear, that article states that 92% of all PC game sales are now digital download. PC version sales for both football series only amount to approx 1-2% of total sales, console version sales account for the rest.

I don't buy PES on Steam after 2013: bad for modding and you have to go online in order to start the game up which I hate. I bought the digital download version of PES 2014 from GamesPlanet, much better.

Last edited:
To be clear, that article states that 92% of all PC game sales are now digital download. PC version sales for both football series only amount to approx 1-2% of total sales, console version sales account for the rest.

I don't buy PES on Steam after 2013: bad for modding and you have to go online in order to start the game up which I hate. I bought the digital download version of PES 2014 from GamesPlanet, much better.

Yea, I knew that was the case but my wording would've implied that it indicated total sales for all in 2013. :p
But my point is, the 2%-3% figures in KONAMI's charts are only retail sales right? I don't think they can track digital sales because it means besides Steam they'd have to track reseller key sites like Kinguin/GMG and so on.

Well its about time someone official posted the differences, I think the announcement originally of just the engine used really didn't help them without the difference list at the same time, would have saved some self created grief for them and adam on twitter ... dear me.

Anyway, the differences aren't a show stopper for me and the crowed is never something of a deal breaker. As most have posted it was all about the feel and physics/anims and on pitch / AI where the biggest uproar would have been if that would have been different.

Having said all of that, its still B.S super PC's would be needed for the things that are included for NG consoles, simply scalable options would work under PC menu if they have "accessibility concerns", but, yeh ... no interest in that from them for PC this year.

Last edited:
Please dont blast me for trolling as this ISNT the point of this .. but someone posted this in Fifa thread, its fifa 11 footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0YtyQ8EHQ

Is it me or does it bear striking resemblance in pitch & look and speed/anims of pes2015 footage we have seen??

I was quite taken back by that, I say this as I only experienced fifa12 to 14 and never really noticed this kind of steady anim and speed. Just looked on par with gamecon footage which suprised me.

Last edited:

Exactly, even if GamesPlanet is using Pound Sterling, which amount to higher conversion rate but at least their version has the least intrusive DRM and fully compatible with mods. Making PES on PC as Steam-exclusive is a death wish.

I don't care about graphical fidelity, but I absolutely care about the presentation aspect of the game. Hopefully the presentation will still be equal to the console version even if the graphics doesn't.

about weekly updates :

Twitter / Prince Al-Dawdi:
@Adam_Bhatti
Is that right the players hair will update weekly??
#go#pes

Twitter / Adam Bhatti:
@drprince8787 not weekly, every few months we'll update appearances

Twitter / P ☆ β L ⚽:
@Adam_Bhatti @drprince8787
Will lineups be updated weekly? I have read updates weekly but Im not sure if it was from someone of Konami.

Twitter / Adam Bhatti:
@GOALARG @drprince8787 yep.

Twitter / P ☆ β L ⚽:
@Adam_Bhatti wow, good news for me,bad news for PES editors.Maybe only are PS4 weekly updates because it does not include Option File?

Twitter / Adam Bhatti :

here, evo web
I think not updates for pc....

FIFA modders have no problem modding origin version, in fact, moddingway (the biggest fifa mod) only supports origin version of the game. Maybe the PES modders have something to learn there.

I would be quite happy with simpler patches (like that Julian Cames one) that correct the kits, club crests and names. If Konami is putting more effort into player stats and appearances and keeping them up-to-date, then I'm happy to leave them to it.

Me too. As a purist I don't like my game being altered in any shape or form.

Hopefully there is a patch like that for 2015. I like the big all-in-one patches that many of the modders release, but they often add stuff that I don't need or want and I've found some to be a pain to install.

I'm quite happy with the pure game, I just want the unlicensed content corrected. Perhaps I'll just do my own editing this year.

I would be quite happy with simpler patches (like that Julian Cames one) that correct the kits, club crests and names. If Konami is putting more effort into player stats and appearances and keeping them up-to-date, then I'm happy to leave them to it.

Likewise.The Wolfs edited option file way back when was all I needed.
This time around at least we get stadium editor back.

I've only used Julian Cames patch on PES2014. It was a bitch to modify it to work with the newer DLC though. The only transfers I fix is the ones that happen during the first (pre season) transfer window but too late for Konami to snap up. Since I either play ML or BAL I prefer the squads to start out as they were at the start of the season then let the game decide who comes and leaves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom