PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried selecting all the teams and playing the tournament? Is wishful thinking but have they fixed that shit where if you wanna play every game in the tournament against the CPU, you can't because you can't deselect the opponents controller?

Is that genuinely true? Do managers change in Master League and bring their own tactical set ups? If so I'm yet to notice it but it would be good if united changed their manager so that they stopped playing that awful long ball crap and low pressure defence.

It's a shame the managers currently have stupid names then because I'd never notice, maybe they should make managerial changes less crazy and make them a big thing on the news page on the ML menu.

Yes, teams change their managers too in ML ... managerial transfers are also shown as news bits, along with player transfers, rumors, etc. So, fingers crossed for your Van Gaal situation :)

Here are few screenies from my ML campaign in Liga BBVA - currently mid-season 3, but luckily I still had an older save file laying around. Atletico Madrid, CPU controlled :

1. End of season 2 (August 2017), Diego Simeone still being their manager, his departure announced - team spirit around 95
7wDmhKg.jpg

ChXEG6x.jpg

gmYvJp6.jpg

2. Mid season 3 (Day 20, January 2018) - new manager from the beginning of the 3rd season, Mark Iuliano, TS reaching 80, it has been lower when the season started
1Up7noQ.jpg

uufTHoO.jpg

b5z6FkR.jpg

Different formations, different tactical requirements, quite similar starting eleven.

Yes, teams change their managers too in ML ... managerial transfers are also shown as news bits, along with player transfers, rumors, etc. So, fingers crossed for your Van Gaal situation :)

Here are few screenies from my ML campaign in Liga BBVA - currently mid-season 3, but luckily I still had an older save file laying around. Atletico Madrid, CPU controlled :

1. End of season 2 (August 2017), Diego Simeone still being their manager, his departure announced - team spirit around 95
7wDmhKg.jpg

ChXEG6x.jpg

gmYvJp6.jpg

2. Mid season 3 (Day 20, January 2018) - new manager from the beginning of the 3rd season, Mark Iuliano, TS reaching 80, it has been lower when the season started
1Up7noQ.jpg

uufTHoO.jpg

b5z6FkR.jpg

Different formations, different tactical requirements, quite similar starting eleven.

Cheers mate that's great. Looks like I should pay more attention to the ML menu

Just switched on. Am I going crazy? Why isn't the new mode splashed everywhere on the home page?

Has anyone tried selecting all the teams and playing the tournament? Is wishful thinking but have they fixed that shit where if you wanna play every game in the tournament against the CPU, you can't because you can't deselect the opponents controller?

+1, would like to know as well

Had a couple of games tonight in Euro 2016 with Italy on ps3 and first thing I noticed is a huge improvement in the graphics.There are subtle changes in the gameplay . . .the dribbling seems better. . shooting is stronger but not as accurate. Scoring from corners has improved. ... sometimes the AI is lethal from a corner like it was a peno. The Ai attacks and passing have improved. The competition has a good feel to it.

As regards the line up of Italy I don't think Pirlo or Immobile will be in the actual Italian squad for the Euros but who knows.

One other thing that frustrates me with this game is when you control a defender and start sprinting with the ball and the ball bobbles way ahead of the player and the AI still continues to track back disregarding the opportunity to intercept when he's close to the ball.

I downloaded and intsalled the new patch but it still see version 1.04 not 6. what am I doing wrong? can someone help??

I downloaded it but where is Euro 2016? Is it supposed to be in first menu screen or is it in cup mode? or I did something wrong?

Last edited:
The Euro is in the cup mode katata, tried 2 games in the group stage.. I haven't noticed any gameplay difference from before. The gameplay does feel nice, but it's probably because I'm playing a cup mode and not an ML where the CPU cheating usually happens.

I downloaded it but where is Euro 2016? Is it supposed to be in first menu screen or is it in cup mode? or I did something wrong?

Katata did you go in to datapack update? Thats where you download it from. The automatic download is a patch.

The Euro is in the cup mode katata, tried 2 games in the group stage.. I haven't noticed any gameplay difference from before. The gameplay does feel nice, but it's probably because I'm playing a cup mode and not an ML where the CPU cheating usually happens.

I found it in cup mode
I just thought it should be in the main menu
thank you Elja & Deco

The update clearly change the game, after 2vs2 session offline last night alot of new things and correctives :

- More goalkeeper animations, headers, tackles, shoot (I do curve shoot with Vardy, the gesture feel more natural).

- Alot more hitbox (collision between players and the ball) in the game on shoots, crossings, add more realism, It's really the big thing of this update.

- More curve on corner kick

- Slower gameplay (I always use the nomal speed)

- Referees give more yellow and red cards

- Team ID, I try Spain vs Czech Rep in superstar EURO mode and it's really great, the Czech park the bus and try counter attack

About goalkeeper I don't know yet but we don't see big fail, no more time I think, The game feel like PES 2016.5 for me, very nice surprise

Last edited:
Yes, new patch (on PC in-game version should be 1.04) and new Data Pack (3.00)

Oh good someone else is getting that too.

PS4 info menu is saying it is the latest version (1.06 & data pack 3.0) yet in-game it says 1.04 & data pack 3.0. Same for PC version.

Played one game with the DLC, too soon to say anything about the gameplay.

Played Belgium against Italy.

Belgium are one of the best and well known teams in the world, but that roster...jesus...no Dembele, no Carrasco, no Januzaj, no Kums. Hardly any midfielders...
I can understand Januzaj, he hardly ever plays. But Carrasco is outstanding for Atletico and Dembele has never played better than now... In the match against Arsenal he had highest pass ratio (one wrong pass), most dribbles and most tackles...

Have they done the transfers?

Game is playing great since update and dlc. . some of the saves the goalies are pulling off are amazing. .great flow to the game as well.

It's pretty bad that it isn't completely in your face and promoted to you.

On the gameplay front, I'm reluctant to say there are any changes but I did see a yellow card for something that I honestly doubt I would have seen before the patch. It may well be placebo

It's pretty bad that it isn't completely in your face and promoted to you.

I know, I thought I did something wrong at first. Then I checked the cup mode.. ah there it is :CONF:

After playing more games.. I could say the game speed is slower, it's better on 0 game speed now. The goal keepers are better, the referees are still not good.

How the game plays generally does feels different from before, I'm not sure what it is, even dribbling the ball feels different, still haven't tried master league though.

The update clearly change the game, after 2vs2 session offline last night alot of new things and correctives :

- More goalkeeper animations, headers, tackles, shoot (I do curve shoot with Vardy, the gesture feel more natural).

- Alot more hitbox (collision between players and the ball) in the game on shoots, crossings, add more realism, It's really the big thing of this update.

- Team ID, I try Spain vs Czech Rep in superstar EURO mode and it's really great, the Czech park the bus and try counter attack

About goalkeeper I don't know yet but we don't see big fail, no more time I think, The game feel like PES 2016.5 for me, very nice surprise

Does it feel like defences are harder to beat? Do defenders still wait instead of pressing you in a more aggressive way?

That is my main problem with the game.

Does it feel like defences are harder to beat? Do defenders still wait instead of pressing you in a more aggressive way?

That is my main problem with the game.
I don't play alot against the CPU and we try France in EURO mode (3 versus CPU in Pro level) versus Romania, Albania and Switzerland but the defensive line look lower, it's more hard too score against Romania and Albania because the defensive line are very low and the defenders always try to put on the paths to prevent you from shot or crossing, I see the pressing from the CPU much better on the wingers.
We get alot more space against Switzerland and we score 3 goals, need try in superstars now.

Last edited:

Are you playing on PS4?

Oh good someone else is getting that too.

PS4 info menu is saying it is the latest version (1.06 & data pack 3.0) yet in-game it says 1.04 & data pack 3.0. Same for PC version.

Does it mention exactly "1.06" or is it more like "update 6"? Up to now we had these versions reported in-game: 1.00 (unpatched game), 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.03.01, 1.03.02 and 1.04 - therefore 1.04 would actually be 6th update.

1.04 in-game and Data Pack 3.0 is the latest content, at least on PC.

One other thing that frustrates me with this game is when you control a defender and start sprinting with the ball and the ball bobbles way ahead of the player and the AI still continues to track back disregarding the opportunity to intercept when he's close to the ball.

If you play on Superstar and try that you will lose the ball most of the time! Well that's what happens with me.. .you have to keep the ball close if you want to dribble.

Does it mention exactly "1.06" or is it more like "update 6"? Up to now we had these versions reported in-game: 1.00 (unpatched game), 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.03.01, 1.03.02 and 1.04 - therefore 1.04 would actually be 6th update.

1.04 in-game and Data Pack 3.0 is the latest content, at least on PC.

Yeah 1.06 in PS4 menu, but 1.04 when in-game. Looks like that is 'normal'.

Ok just done a heap of editing, now time to play. :)

One positive thing that I am experiencing is how CPU TEAM AI behave better contextually.

You see weaker team play defensively the whole match, but when you finally take the lead, they change tatics/strategy and their attitude on the field change drastically.

I remember seeing a team playing a very high defence line and starting to pressure tatically on my own half once I got the winning goal. I think tatical battle and tatical contextual changes are shaping up to be very nice and I think they are starting to do it with PES 2017 in mind. This might be one of the positive things in pes 2017.

Next time I'll pay more attention if how well or bad the teams are doing on the league/cups can also influence how they play. For example, imagine a team that needs a win to qualify and the match is 1-1 at 70 min, they must go all out attack and become very agressive defensively. Thats the kind of thing that can make PES being addicting again. Hopeffuly this is one of their focus in pes 2017, and I do think they are already working on this aspect on pes 2016 lately.

agree! alot of improve.

One positive thing that I am experiencing is how CPU TEAM AI behave better contextually.

You see weaker team play defensively the whole match, but when you finally take the lead, they change tatics/strategy and their attitude on the field change drastically.

I remember seeing a team playing a very high defence line and starting to pressure tatically on my own half once I got the winning goal. I think tatical battle and tatical contextual changes are shaping up to be very nice and I think they are starting to do it with PES 2017 in mind. This might be one of the positive things in pes 2017.

Next time I'll pay more attention if how well or bad the teams are doing on the league/cups can also influence how they play. For example, imagine a team that needs a win to qualify and the match is 1-1 at 70 min, they must go all out attack and become very agressive defensively. Thats the kind of thing that can make PES being addicting again. Hopeffuly this is one of their focus in pes 2017, and I do think they are already working on this aspect on pes 2016 lately.

changing team tactics during the game from ai is nothing new,weaker team against you will be using defensive tactics in the beginning and if they were behind,they would turn into offensive tactics themselves.
however,at the end its all about the tactics set up and konami doesn't really set them up properly

Back
Top Bottom