PES 2016 News & Discussion Thread

Why would we have a trailer for a dlc?

because dlc2.0 also had a trailer and konami love making those dlc look awesome(and the trailer is more attractive than the dlc itself lmao)
even they fked up the summer transfer,they still love making trailer to attract people
seriously,euro2016 should be the biggest event in pes2016 and they don't do anything to hype,i think the quality of the euro2016 is just average:BYE:

Someone tell me whether edited skills players in the DLC 3.0? Donnaruma, Trapp, Bellerin, Coquelin, Kane, Alli, Coman, Bernardeschi, Elneny, L.Vasquez, Rashford, Martial, Mahrez, Vardy, Konate, Funes Mori, Bernardo, Kimmich, Gabriel P., Embolo, Murillo, Firmino, Shatov, Saul, Laporte and others does not correspond to his level today

Have come back to this after a good few months away. Read up on some of you guys posts re: settings and have went with Top Player, -1 speed, and full manual passing and shooting.

Have to say, while by no means perfect, it is playing well for the most part. It has got me thinking about passing settings again though. I think I wouldn't object to a system being in place where the human player could select a player in the team to have semi-assisted/1 bar pass support if the rest of the team are subject to full manual control. Would likely just be further muddying of the waters but it seems more and more that with footy games being as they are these days, manual control is likely the only way to get a full simulation feel to proceedings.

I really do hope Konami just build a sim-like product in the vein of a PES 2011, or when at its best, a PES 2013 for the 2017. PES 2011 was riddled with technical issues and limitations, but reckon that model for passing, tactics/strategy and gameplay overall could work in an engine that is a bit more robust and fluid these days.

Ultimately, if it is the case that players looking for a simuation heavy experience need to knock gamespeed down and set everything to manual, then the developers would do well to simply spell that out. I mean, and for as much as it isn't an ideal solution for many of us, the more invested hardcore player know this, but they could do with simply explaining it.

my main issue now, despite using and finding a great balance with those settings Curdstar mentions above is with Master League. at the start of the season when team spirit is low it's a real grind to get results, if you can ignore the few blatant unresponsiveness to your actions on the controller in the name of team spirit you can accept that it's still a challenge. Now however i'm at the end of the season, just got myself safe from relegation with 3 games left and my team spirit is at 94. I can piledriver my way through top teams, all the bounces and challenges are going in my favour and it's no longer a challenge... I don't think the team spirit resets or normalises at the end of a seaso so i might have to up it a level to the lethally annoying and clinical superstar just to make it enjoyable again. frustrating

my main issue now, despite using and finding a great balance with those settings Curdstar mentions above is with Master League. at the start of the season when team spirit is low it's a real grind to get results, if you can ignore the few blatant unresponsiveness to your actions on the controller in the name of team spirit you can accept that it's still a challenge. Now however i'm at the end of the season, just got myself safe from relegation with 3 games left and my team spirit is at 94. I can piledriver my way through top teams, all the bounces and challenges are going in my favour and it's no longer a challenge... I don't think the team spirit resets or normalises at the end of a seaso so i might have to up it a level to the lethally annoying and clinical superstar just to make it enjoyable again. frustrating

Yea. The easiest way is to just sell and get new players in. We shouldn't do that but it is what it is.

Currently playing Sudamericana on superstar and it's fun. Unsure I can do the same for ML, but I'll try and see how I fair.

You know how you never get the referee giving fouls, let alone penalties, in PES 2016?

This just happened to me.

What the fuck?

https://youtu.be/AEQ-uWqJnTo

Also, here are the match stats, and the player ratings (and I won't be playing it again for a while)...

To think that Adam thinks the gameplay is good...

y5e39Hg.jpg

They only need three on target to score two? And how many shots are you going to let me have, for God's sake? This is on Superstar.

2MEJ442.jpg

A team scores five goals, wins by three goals, and the highest individual player rating is fucking SIX-AND-A-HALF OUT OF TEN?

Last edited:
lol they should have more random no penalties like this, representing ref mistakes. altough still believe they should implement referee level's like in FIFA (strict, lenient but at least 5 lvls)but in a much better level because in FIFA still every ref feels the same and make it random every game or by leagues if they dont want to add referee models and names. eg english footy is much physical and they let on lot of bodychecks

Yea. The easiest way is to just sell and get new players in. We shouldn't do that but it is what it is.

Changing team tactics to something that your players aren't accustomed to (blue bars in player details showing 0-3 affinity for certain tactical variations) is another way to bring down over-developed TS.

It works for CPU teams too - I've noticed that some teams used to have very high TS and when they changed the manager, their TS went down considerably. Every manager brings his own tactical setup, which may or may not be in line with players' affinities - just like in myClub.

nearly 200 faces for 552 players isnt that bad number

200 players faces added, not 200 players in total. For example Germany have already all faces, as well as Italy.

For Euro 2016 official roster, they need to add the "live update" on the feature/tournament, there will be many changes (injuries, etc.) until june

Wait, the DLC is out tomorrow? I have been out of it, clearly. Just in time for Easter, and I also just bought Trackmania Turbo which should activate at midnight I think...

200 players faces added, not 200 players in total. For example Germany have already all faces, as well as Italy.

For Euro 2016 official roster, they need to add the "live update" on the feature/tournament, there will be many changes (injuries, etc.) until june

but if the major player faces would be out of date everyone would be moaning why eg a Hungarian no name player got a new face instead

I'd expect them to release another Data Pack when the tournament is about to begin containing the final squads which have to be submitted before June 1st. They also did that with the World Cup squads in 2014.

I'd expect them to release another Data Pack when the tournament is about to begin containing the final squads which have to be submitted before June 1st. They also did that with the World Cup squads in 2014.
I'd expect it, might not arrive until half way through the tournament knowing this lot.

Changing team tactics to something that your players aren't accustomed to (blue bars in player details showing 0-3 affinity for certain tactical variations) is another way to bring down over-developed TS.

It works for CPU teams too - I've noticed that some teams used to have very high TS and when they changed the manager, their TS went down considerably. Every manager brings his own tactical setup, which may or may not be in line with players' affinities - just like in myClub.

Is that genuinely true? Do managers change in Master League and bring their own tactical set ups? If so I'm yet to notice it but it would be good if united changed their manager so that they stopped playing that awful long ball crap and low pressure defence.

It's a shame the managers currently have stupid names then because I'd never notice, maybe they should make managerial changes less crazy and make them a big thing on the news page on the ML menu.

Its the same with everyone right now, we know the game is flawed and is essential a bad game because of the flaws but people seem to getting enjoyment from it.

Even with the gamebreaking tron running, you just sit down and play and enjoy the game for what it is.

The biggest key is full manual, the game has nailed the feeling of passing and shooting, when you shoot it feel like you really smashing a ball.

What makes it playable is the game is natural, it does feel like football, very, very basic simple football but football.

Its like again we all know this isnt good enough and next year we need to make the point there needs to be more depth in this game.

I think it could be the flaws are so obvious, you dont even try to play it as a simulation, you just play!

I agree with you and the user Elja.

Despite some obvious and unforgivable flaws, you can still find some enjoyment on this game. But I cant help but think that Pes 2016 still is a disapointment game compared to what it could have been.

Pes 2015 gave me hopes that Konami would finally put the franchise on track like it used to be on ps2 era when we never had a bad PES game, just some versions that were even better than others.

Anyway, heres the goal I scored that I was talking about the other day against Liverpool. Its not an amazing goal but it felt very special considering the whole context of the match.

http://youtu.be/tfkVU1lWyyc

Yes the gameplay is very well editable by putting down the speed and playing on manual passing.
The disappointment of the game lies in online play.
Just look at the gamespeed online, that is far to quick, especially when you play a good player who plays combination-football.
( See this movie http://www.twitch.tv/pesholland/v/40065253 ).
Konami should either implement some online optional settings to put the gamespeed down for the user, or fix the netcode to lower speed.

yup... and that is a big reason many people will continue to buy FIFA over PES... they should make online play -2 game speed maybe even because the online play in PES is always made faster by default it seems. but just think if they did that

fixed the foul system...

and copied FIFA clubs to PES. could you imagine a PES game with online clubs where you could create your player and edit your attributes and the servers actually worked to where people are playing 4 v 4 in clubs? the computer AI in PES would make club mode in PES extremely addictive... for those that have ever played the old PES games on PS2 offline multiplayer.. 2 v 2 or 4 v 4 even know what I"m talking about.. nothing ever gets better than that in video games

it would probably be the greatest video game of all time if that were to happen.. not just footie game.. I'm talking best video game ever

do it konami

what I don't get about konami.. is there so many little things that they could do that seem very easy to add that would make there game so much better.. that's why it's really frustrating at times

this is just something I would like which I know they will not do but make the assisted passing and manual controls options ONLY 1 setting. I prefer the manual but they should make it that way and the only way to play the game. there is no need for having all these different control settings for playing the game just because FIFA has it. besides some of the settings like Advanced throughballs is so crap.. why do they feel they need to have this? go back to PES controls of no assisted or manual passing and shooting options...

Last edited:

“It’s going to take seven or eight years of PES being amazing for us to even be able to move away from that terminology, to forget about those bad times. That’s the target.”

He actually thinks Konami will still be making PES 6+ years down the road? Okay ...

Back
Top Bottom