Youth Prodigies

Fernando Cavenaghi.

He was never called a prodigy and he has been an effective enough striker at the clubs he has played.

Still a natural finisher. Some poor career choices hindered him. Should have moved to Spain or Italy after his stint with Bordeaux to get into the national team picture.

we can follow many young players during the FIFA u20 world cup now..

some of them are already stars like Pogba or Kondogbia..

we can follow many young players during the FIFA u20 world cup now..

some of them are already stars like Pogba or Kondogbia..

Are they ? Neymar is already being labelled a great.

The appellation of star, great is far too readily used and far too early in many players careers.

It seems to be part of all the hyping and sensationalism of modern football.

Wait until after a career is over to assess a player. Even someone like Messi.

Are they ? Neymar is already being labelled a great.

The appellation of star, great is far too readily used and far too early in many players careers.

It seems to be part of all the hyping and sensationalism of modern football.

Wait until after a career is over to assess a player. Even someone like Messi.

i ment stars in perspective comparing to other young players of that tournament..some first time at a tournament, and some still at univerity level football..

i ment stars in perspective comparing to other young players of that tournament..some first time at a tournament, and some still at univerity level football..

Oh I see what you mean PIPA. :))

The thing is there will be several players that were not known before this u20 tourney who will garner attention and attract the attention of several clubs.

This can sometimes be a curse. Often when young South Americans have ventured to Europe it has destroyed their careers.

The same thing could be applied to many young European ice hockey players who jumped ship too early to North America instead of gaining playing and development time.

for young hockey players there is no perspective to stay in Slovakia league, it is falling appart sadly.. Slovan in KHL and rest of the league is a joke now. young players like Jurco, Tatar and Panik can learn so much more in North America leagues, Tatar and Jurco became AHL champions few days ago... both Detroit players atm.. if i was talented i wouldn´t spend a minute in SVK leagues and try North America. The situation with sport in my country is disasteur, total disasteur...nothing works.

sorry for ot.

Why is it that every young Algerian striker gets called 'the new Benzema'? First Belfodil, now Ghilas.

Yeah Benzema has Algerian roots, but that's not why Ghilas get compared to him, they have a similar style of play (drop back strikers). As for Belfodil if there was anyone you could compare him to it'd be Ibra not Benzema, they have so much similarities it's almost unreal.

Tbf I reckon i'd score a few in the Dutch League :LOL:

He's tried La Liga and failed, he's tried the Premier League and failed.
I
G
N
O
R
A
N
C
E

As for the Benzema comparison, I know he is of Algerian descent, but it's stupid to compare every young Algerian striker just because they also happen to be Algerian.

I
As for the Benzema comparison, I know he is of Algerian descent, but it's stupid to compare every young Algerian striker just because they also happen to be Algerian.

No we don't, Ghilas is the first one and If I reckon it's not the Algerian press that labeled him with that nickname but the Portuguese one.

L
E
T
S

S
T
O
P

T
H
I
S

One more youth prodigy, Ismail Aissati.

for young hockey players there is no perspective to stay in Slovakia league, it is falling appart sadly.. Slovan in KHL and rest of the league is a joke now. young players like Jurco, Tatar and Panik can learn so much more in North America leagues, Tatar and Jurco became AHL champions few days ago... both Detroit players atm.. if i was talented i wouldn´t spend a minute in SVK leagues and try North America. The situation with sport in my country is disasteur, total disasteur...nothing works.

sorry for ot.

Cheer up. I miss Hantuchova. ;)

A bit off topic.

They did do analysis of young hockey players from Europe ending up in the various Canadian junior leagues and the success rate was not that great.

Yes you get players like Tatar who was already marked as an outstanding talent for a while but for him there are several others who could not adjust.

Dano has taken the KHL route, Tvrdon has been hit by injuries unfortunately. But that experiment with Orange 20 has not really worked as yet.

Several GM's in the NHL prefer to take seasoned young European players or indeed leave a draft pick one season more in Europe to mature a bit more before picking them up.

But yes Slovak/Czech hockey is in a bit of a mess at the moment. And results at junior levels are not very good and being overtaken by Switzerland for instance.

Perhaps merge Czech and Slovak leagues into one big Extraliga with a junior division and pool finances because money is one reason why juniors want to leave.

Why is it that every young Algerian striker gets called 'the new Benzema'? First Belfodil, now Ghilas.

Because that is how media operate across the world. The very first thing they do in any sport, instead of allowing the said player to develop in their own way , is to saddle them with an epithet and compare them to a former great.

So in hockey Nichushkin is the new Malkin. Why ? Because he is the same size build.

In cricket here in England any decent all rounder emerging is labelled as the new Botham , because he was the best all rounder England has had.

In Argentina it was here is the new Maradona if a kid had the 10 shirt and could dribble a bit.

Now it is here is the new Messi. :P All a bit silly really but the popular media is rarely insightful no matter where in the world you are.

Could Ganso be on that list?

He is talented but never performed again like in his best days at Santos. He never looks fit or interest IMO, perhaps his knee injuries got to him.

Nikon 'El Maestro' Jevtić (that's his actual name, he added 'El Maestro' as his official middle name)

Was an icredible prospect playing in the Valencia academy, every big club was after him, now plays in the Hungarian second division.
YouTube - Nikon Jevtic

Could Ganso be on that list?

He is talented but never performed again like in his best days at Santos. He never looks fit or interest IMO, perhaps his knee injuries got to him.

Nah mate, he's just on recovery. He'll soon get back to his level (well, I hope so) He's still a footballing genius, even with this form.
I hope he makes the next WC squad and that he'll be ready physically, so everyone else get to see how talented he is.

Back
Top Bottom