[XBLA/PC] State of Decay

Downloaded the game last night(review copy) it's great fun but rough around the edges.

Tip: Don't go running into hordes it won't end well :)

I dont normally like those kind of commentary videos, but those guys are quite funny.

Definite purchase!

Played quite a bit today, enjoying it for most parts but a few glitch's are stopping me from enjoying it much more.

Liking this so far.

I like the fact that your player can die and never respawn as it has led me to being very careful.

The menus are taking a bit to get used to and the tips kind of dissapear too quickly for me to read them. One of the missions I had to go fetch something for a guy, but I now have no idea where he is.

Good budget game though.

Title update submitted and should be out next week:

Here is what we've fixed:

• Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
  • Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
  • NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
  • The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
  • The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there are fewer than three infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
  • You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
  • Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
  • Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
  • NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
  • You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
  • Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
  • NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
  • Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
  • Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
  • Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
  • Fixed various translations bugs.

Jeff

Also, maybe I hadn't read enough prior to release, but I hadn't realised that stuff goes on happening when you stop playing, so when you quit the game and load it later things will have changed, so basically the world around you is persistent, quite cool that :)

I loaded a save and the 4 trashed cars I'd parked outside the church exploded!

Good to seem them getting a patch early as the infestation bug sounds really annoying.

I was dreading the persistent stuff but it works alright came back to a save the other day, my community had restocked on food and resupplied the locker with meds and snacks.

More information on the persistent world from a dev.

A: State of Decay is a persistent world game. What that means is that time continues to pass when you are not online.

If you left:

- your community in pretty good shape, morale wise, and
- cars in parking spaces near your base and food in the kitchen,
- weapons in need of repair in the lockers near your workbench,
- and sufficient time has passed,

You will come back and find that people are happy, repaired cars and weapons, and possibly some new stuff from the things your survivors did while you weren't there. Their lives continue, as independently as you saw them living when you were online.

If you left:

- Morale sliding, and
- Too many infestations (please note, we're ACTIVELY working on a change where we reduce how much square footage is considered in this calculation to make it a little less...insane...), and
- Vaguely ominous warnings about someone looking sick, and
- Not enough beds for people to sleep in,

You will come back to find the shit has hit the fan.

It continues on the path you set.

PLEASE NOTE: The pace of progression slows the longer you are offline. If you are offline for one day, you will see a pretty sizable chunk of change. If you are offline for two, you'll see a bit more than that. But the difference between a week and a month is minor. We expect that our players are adults, and adults sometimes need to be away from a game for months at a time.

Hmm not sure what's going on but my last session just suddenly became crazy hard, I've gone from having loads of influence to virtually none, so I can't take weapons/meds etc, then the church was attacked by an army of zombies all at once, at least 50 of them, remember I have no ammo, no health etc just nuts, no idea if it's bugged or decided I was doing too well or what, not enjoyable :( The group in the church is now down to 8 from 12, with 3 of those hurt, 2 tired, 2 missing :(

Im trying not to play it too much and just wait out for the new patch, there's a really fun game in there just need to sort out a couple of the big bugs (too many missing survivors and playable characters getting killed while logged off). Sounds like they have sorted them out though will wait and see.

Wife and I are so addicted I ended up putting her on the 2nd 360 to the side of me in bed with a PC monitor hooked up to it sat on a chair so I could still play it on the regular 360 on the projector screen! Just a shame it doesn't have coop, we could talk to each other then ;)

I need to stop looking at this thread. It's unbearable missing out on this.

How much is a cheap 360 these days ?

Probably about £60? This my dream zombie game so wouldnt think twice about shelling out for a cheap 360 to play it, its so fun I doubt you would regret it. Or you could wait for the pc version.

I need to stop looking at this thread. It's unbearable missing out on this.

How much is a cheap 360 these days ?

There really must be something about zombies! I'm looking to buy a PS3 for The Last of Us ;)

Depends how long it will be before the PS4 can play PS3 games via their streaming service...

I am still in the church.

I have so many missions that I dont know what one to do. Im too scared when venturing out at night too :) Not had anyone die yet which I think means I am being too cautious.

I cant seem to find resources to build anything. Apparently I need to build beds for folk, but I dont have the resources.

Well if you have the influence you can ask Lilly? To radio around for what you need, to build/expand you need building materials so drive around looking for construction sites, incomplete houses etc :)

Back
Top Bottom