[XBLA/PC] State of Decay

Rumour has it, release date is 5th of june and will be about $20, which would be on the range of 1600 microsoft points i think for uk?

Annoying that they're apparently refusing to talk about the PC version because of Xbox exclusivity, I think we should at least be able to know how long until the PC version is out to help us decide if we go with the 360 version or wait for the PC version...

GameStop expects Undead Labs' zombie-packed Xbox Live Arcade survival horror game State of Decay to launch on June 5, according to a product listing obtained by IGN.

The retailer lists State of Decay at 1,600 Microsoft points ($20), putting it in the same premium price range as big-name XBLA releases like The Walking Dead and Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. Developer Undead Labs has not officially announced a price for State of Decay, and only divulged a nebulous "June" release date when a trailer launched last month.

Undead Labs community director Sanya Weathers notes in a forum post that June 5 is the developer's launch goal, but a final release date has not been determined. "We have not completed certification," she explains. "Until we've completed certification, there is no date."

The game went into certification last night I hope it doesn't take too long. Once that's complete they will set a release date.

Hmm, well the gameplay looks really fun, graphics are ok, certainly more than adequate, the bugs/glitches I can live with, unfortunately the framerate looks awful and there's constant tearing, unless that's resolved for release it's a deal breaker for me :(

Hmm, well the gameplay looks really fun, graphics are ok, certainly more than adequate, the bugs/glitches I can live with, unfortunately the framerate looks awful and there's constant tearing, unless that's resolved for release it's a deal breaker for me :(

I think best waiting for pc version to get released, as i know on xbox there is only allowed a 2 GB max for an arcade game so assuming they had to downsize it in areas and framerate looks to be one of the things suffering mostly from the cut.

Its a xbox live game Paul try and relax.

Just because it's a $20 game doesn't mean it shouldn't be somewhat optimised :)

I think best waiting for pc version to get released, as i know on xbox there is only allowed a 2 GB max for an arcade game so assuming they had to downsize it in areas and framerate looks to be one of the things suffering mostly from the cut.

Well framerate is down to programming/optimisation, not about how much they cut from this that or the other to reduce the size of the download.

Thought they raised the limit a while ago there's no way that Far Cry is only 2 Gb

Blood Dragon is 1.32 GB.

Regarding the frame skipping, they wrote this on twitter:- 'Tearing's the recording equipment. Frame/sliding is us.'

Official statement from Undead Labs

Is June 5 the release date for State of Decay?
I sure as hell hope so.
As everyone on the planet seems to know at this point, our target release date of June 5 was leaked by a GameStop employee a few weeks ago. I’m not sure why they had that date in their system, but it’s a date we’ve been shooting for internally, so it’s unlikely someone just made it up and got lucky. In any case, despite our best efforts to clarify it’s not an official release date, word spread, got picked up and repeated by the Big Guys (I’m looking at you, IGN!), and quickly became fact.
A quick peek at #stateofdecay confirms it, as about 20% of the tweets are something along the lines of “State of Decay is out June 5th!”. Another 20% are “So excited to play State of Decay!”, and the remaining 60% are “Wanna play State of Decay now? Try the Leaked version here: [bull**** phishing URL redacted] … I’ve been playing it a week now.”
[Hint: No, he hasn't.]
When we know the official release date, you’ll see something like this on the front page of our website:
OMFG THE OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE OF STATE OF DECAY IS XXXX!
I can tell you this: we don’t know the release date, and neither does anyone at Microsoft. But we do know the release process, and we can make some informed guesses about what that means for the release date. There’s no reason you shouldn’t know as much as we do — there are no conspiracies or big corporate secrets here — so I’m going to tell you what we know about how all this works.

Hmm so they're admitting the low frame rate is down to them? But no actual word on whether it's improved/fixed or not?

Yep this is what a dev had to say about it.

"Please note, IGN's graphics were dramatically better than what you saw in the abortive Twitch stream yesterday, because that's the difference a month makes. The Twitch channel hostess was using an older build. IGN also has been totally honest with you. The tearing was their equipment - framerate and the sliding was not."

"The sliding is not going to get fixed. It's an engine issue, and you see it in multiple AAA games, let alone our XBLA game. I also do not believe the frame is going to get better. I'm positive the animations are final."

Not bad, mentions the stuff we all know, even though I have reservations about the framerate/tearing I'm going to buy it tomorrow anyways as I have 6830 MS Points that I have to use up before the PS4 comes out and I've no idea what else is on the horizon that'll interest me, plus it'll be nice to support a small indy dev if nothing else :)

Back
Top Bottom