[XBLA/PC] State of Decay

aitken

International
29 July 2007
Glasgow
Manchester United/Knicks
poster-480x611.jpg
YouTube - State of Decay

State of Decay will be released on 5th of june on XBLA for 1600mspoints, PC release at a later date.

Last edited:
Actually looks pretty decent that, basically The Walking Dead without the license (the license WD games do absolutely nothing for me TBH).

Actually looks pretty decent that, basically The Walking Dead without the license (the license WD games do absolutely nothing for me TBH).

pretty much, even though its not graphically amazing and animations a bit messed up, i think it could be a fun little game, assuming there will be co op for it.

No coop for it I'm afraid. this game is going to act as a tester for their sequel which will be a mmo. What Im liking about it is it's all about survival. You need food, water, shelter ect. There is also permanent death so when you die you take over from another surviver in your group.

Nice! Not going to watch it though, will wait for some direct feed footage, I find off camera captures lose a little too much in the quality :)

Yeah it does make the game seem a little choppy. Probably best of waiting for release, it is very close to being sent to microsft for certification.

Been waiting for a zombie game like this for soo long!

it is very close to being sent to microsft for certification.

That close? I hadn't realised!

Looks great but wish it was first person you can't see around corners in 3rd person until its too late

That's kind of a good thing though, you never have that sense of fear that they have in Zombie movies/tv shows that you can round a corner and suddenly have zombies in your face!

Doesn't increase the fear as its not in your face and the view doesnt allow to see it properly. Anyone who played Doom. knows fear is created by sounds and having to actually look around corners and behind you. Looking down in 3rd person shows you too much and sense your not actually the character your just remotely controlling the person.

This looks very average to me. What's the obsession with zombies in the last decade? I just don't get it to be honest.

I've had fun playing Dead Rising, I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead and a few other zombie-related things, but there's such an overload of it and so many games have game modes, expansions/DLCs, mods etc involving zombies.

I haven't watched it, but it almost seems like just about everyone is trying to cash in on the hype created by The Walking Dead.

I agree there's a lot of zombie games/dlc just cashing in on the craze, to be honest the only zombie game I've played this gen is left 4 dead.

This isn't just your average zombie game though it has alot of unique features which make it appealing. There is a lot of depth to this game and how a zombie game should be made.

• Open world sandbox
• Permant death
• Loot or vehicles will NOT respawn
• can select from a variety of home bases, customise(grow your own food, medical tents, beds, ect) and fortify them
• every building is enterable and can be looted or used as an outpost
• Huge emphasis on having your own community of survivors
• invite survivors with different skills into your community (they will then become playable)
• Food, water, shelter needed to survive

Back
Top Bottom