WWE2K14' - 30 Years of WrestleMania

Re: WWE' 13 - Return of 'Attitude'

Do you want to create one Rad or should I just change the title of this one?

cool video of Warrior/Hogan.

Last edited:
Re: WWE' 13 - Return of 'Attitude'

Suppose change the title, not many care about wrestling. Though maybe the legends will like it did with legends if wrestlemania

I'll pick this up when its cheap in February/March but its essentially the exact same game as last year which is dissapointed, I'll be interested in what 2K can do with NextGen.

Will be heading to WrestleMania this year so this mode will be perfect to get me hyped :))

I bought WWE'13 when it was on offer on XBL and I'm quite enjoying it - Attitude Era mode is a lot of fun.

But this... wow, it just looks horrible. Graphically I wouldn't doubt being told I'm watching the Wii version.

It does look awful.

I put that down mostly to the fact THQ were bankrupt and I doubt 2K could do much with this project.

However, im pretty excited at the idea of 2K's effort on a nextgen WWE game in 2015.

Should get my copy today. It's in Warrington now and due to arrive today so should be here.

So far some issues have cropped up.

Create an arena has been gimped so you can't stretch logos over the ring as much. There's a petition for it to be fixed but who knows.
The rest is supposedly much better. Gameplay is fixed now so the issues of 13 like hardly any 2 counts and the ai being dumb or spamming the OMG moves aren't more.

Just waiting for someone to crack the logos.dat file now so we can hack textures in again

I find it a big improvment from last year.

I bought it from PSN yesterday including the Season pass and it's been a lot of fun even if I haven't done much so far.
Matches usually have a really nice flow to them against the AI and it is MUCH harder than last year which is lovely.

I've edited some sliders to fit my style of play and so far, on hard difficulty, I've won 10 and lost 12 matches so it's all good.

Online seems to be a mess as always so I'll stay away from that.

I've also realized that the Accelerator thingie is needed (the thing that allows you to edit the attributes of wrestlers), since Shawn Michaels, Steamboat and the likes are SO INSANELY FAST that the matches become quite...stupid.

I think Michaels had a speed rating of 85 or 90, I turned it down to 70 and did the same for Ricky Steamboat and then had a match which was far more enjoyable.
I've also noticed that since the general speed of matches have increased, you should probably play on Epic to get really good matches.

Should dive into Universe today (thank God swedish schools always have this week of the year off, great success for me as a gamer first, teacher second ;) ).
Will probably create a brand full of all the legends and keep Raw and Smackdown for the current guys.

That you get all the "other" stuff included in the package, so you don't have to buy the Accelerator or the DLC when it becomes available, you can just download it since you've purchased the Season pass.

And I like to unlock everything from the start and not have to work for it by going through 30 years of Wrestlemania. Now I'm running my Universe and have a show dedicate to the old guys and it's great with everything being unlocked.

some nice DLC, the roster is pretty amazing, but in all honesty Ill wait ill the price drops, the WrestleMania mode will be brilliant!

I picked up a copy. I'm going to Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans next April so I'm really hyped for this years game. So far so good, really enjoying the modes on offer.

Rad, will you be uploading any CAWS? I often dip in and out of this thread and see your stuff. This year I'll be able to try them (assuming you have the PS3 version and will be uploading).

Yeah I just got texturing to work tonight. I have to send my files to Kim who then does it on his system and then sends me a file back. I've just uploaded the WWF classic logo as a test. One a direct upload and one that I made a copy of. Like how last year you had to copy the files before uploading otherwise it couldn't be downloaded etc.

Just want to see if it does screw up again or if I can just upload them direct with no messing around.

Will be heading to WrestleMania this year so this mode will be perfect to get me hyped :))

I picked up a copy. I'm going to Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans next April so I'm really hyped for this years game. So far so good, really enjoying the modes on offer.

Rad, will you be uploading any CAWS? I often dip in and out of this thread and see your stuff. This year I'll be able to try them (assuming you have the PS3 version and will be uploading).

Not the only one then :P Is this your first or you been before? I still refuse to get this at the retail price so will pick it up in a month or two when the Road to Mania actually begins.

Not the only one then :P Is this your first or you been before? I still refuse to get this at the retail price so will pick it up in a month or two when the Road to Mania actually begins.

First time going to the US and first major WWE event. Have been to WWE Raw at the O2 which was really good fun. Making a proper trip of it as we're in Chicago the week before, gonna see the Bulls v Celtics and the Blackhawks NHL team and then head over to New Orleans for Wrestlemania. Me and my buddy have the Wrestlemania package passes which has Hall of Fame, AXXess, and Monday Night Raw and hotels all in! May see you out there then bud!

Great news on the CAWs Rad.

also went the package route, will be at RAW night after too, which package did you get in terms of Silver/Gold/Platinum?

So has the difficulty actually improved then? I've heard a few people say it has but is it more of a case if people getting used to it.

These games have never given me that moment where you hit a finisher go for the pin and they kick out to everyone's shock.

Sorry dude. We have gold I believe they were expensive. But being as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity it's well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom