WWE2K14' - 30 Years of WrestleMania

YoungGun_UK

20 TIMES!
12 July 2007
UK
Manchester United
wwe13cover.jpg

This weekend, the debut trailer for WWE 13 was leaked to the Internet. Today Xbox.com shared the first nine screenshots as well as a few gameplay details.

WWE 13's theme is said to be "Attitude." The new story mode will let players relive the Attitude Era, the period beginning in the late 1990s and ending in the early 2000s. It was the hey-day of The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin and D-Generation X, among others. It was one of the high points in pro wrestling's popularity so I can't blame THQ for wanting to revisit the era.

The game won't completely neglect the present-day WWE, though. Players will be able to take on the role of many of the present WWE wrestlers as well. CM Punk, who didn't join WWE until well after the Attitude Era was over, is the cover athlete.

The Xbox.com listing outlines a few other features. A WWE Live presentation system will sport a "completely overhauled audio system and Spectacular Moments." The game will support up to four players in offline multiplayer, and up to 12 online. There's also mention of standard game features like downloadable content, leaderboards and voice chat.

WWE 13 will be available on October 30th in North America. The trailer indicated a November 1st launch date for Australia, which might apply to all PAL territories.

YouTube - WWE '13 Announce Trailer - Live the Revolution! (Official) - UK

Screenshots below

wwe13-austin-raw.jpg

wwe13_screenlg9.jpg

19812.jpg

CM-Punk-Entrance.jpg

Last edited:
Re: WWE' 13 - Return of 'Attitude'

Hmmm, preview video still looked a little clumsy.

Haven't bought a WWE game since Here Comes the Pain, played a few others after and they've been horrid.

Good idea going back to the Attitude Era though. The actual WWE should do the same.

Yeah the game should deliver on Nostalgia alone hopefully.

as much as we'd love for the WWE to return to that type of programming the amount of people today who would be up in arms about such television would cause far too many issues for them to ever risk it.

Not sure what they can do this year to make it successful. Or more successful rather. I mean you could already create these Attitude era superstars anyway.

You could but this comes with a level of authenticity as well as the fact they've got a story mode which is consists of the Attitude Era.

It's Basically Smackdown! Know your Role in 2012 :))

And Smackdown Know Your Role was possibly the best Smackdown of all!

2 Player career, with seperate storylines on the go at once, superb!

Modern Era: John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Dainel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Rey Mysterio, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Santino Marella, David Otunga, Kane, Kevin Nash, Christian, Mark Henry, Sin Cara, Epico, Primo, Hunico, Ted DiBiase, Great Khali, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Justin Gabriel, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Bella Twins, Kharma, Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox.

Attitude Era: Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Edge & Christian, New Age Outlaws, Road Warriors, , X-Pac, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Trish Stratus, Lita, Big Show, Kane, Davey Boy Smith, Vader, Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock, Godfather and Big Bossman.

It was also revealed that 2012 WWE Hall of Famer "Iron" Mike Tyson will be a playable character on this video game as well. It's believed that his inclusion in the game is indeed linked to his 2012 Hall of Fame induction.

The Roster Until...

Source: The Wrestling Observer amp WWEGaming.com

-The Wrestling Observer reports that the complete roster for WWE '13 will be released sometime in August. WrestlingNewsSource.com previously posted the rumored full roster from WWEGaming.com, which is available here.

-WWEGaming.com reports that Debra, Steve Blackman, The Headbangers, Rikishi, Marc Mero, Jacqueline, Too Cool, and Val Venis were originally set to be part of the "Attitude Era Legends" roster of the game, but were reportedly nixed by WWE and THQ for an undisclosed reason. Another belief is that Too Cool, Rikishi, and Blackman actually had in-game models created for them before they were dropped from the game.

Meh.

Plenty of Updates -

Roster Reveal
YouTube - WWE 13 Roster Reveal Trailer [HD]
Roster List
Modern Era WWE Superstars & Divas
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay
Chris Jericho
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Edge
The Great Khali
Heath Slater
Hunico
Jack Swagger
JBL
John Cena (The Doctor of Thuganomics)
John Laurinaitis
Justin Gabriel
Kane
Kevin Nash
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry
The Miz
Primo
Randy Orton
John Cena
Rey Mysterio
The Rock
R-Truth
Santino Marella
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Epico
Ted DiBiase
Triple H
The Undertaker
Jinder Mahal
Wade Barrett
Zack Ryder
Alicia Fox
Beth Phoenix
Brie Bella
Eve
Kelly Kelly
Kharma
Nikki Bella
Lita
AJ Lee (RAW General Manager)
CM Punk

Attitude Era WWE Superstars
Road Warrior Animal
Big Boss Man
Billy Gunn
Bradshaw (APA)
Bret Hart
British Bulldog
Cactus Jack
Chris Jericho (Y2J)
Christian (Edge & Christian)
Dude Love
Eddie Guerrero
Edge (Edge & Christian)
Faarooq (APA)
The Godfather
Road Warrior Hawk
Hunter Heart Helmsley
Kane
Ken Shamrock
Mankind
Mark Henry (Nation of Domination)
Mike Tyson
Mr. McMahon
"The Big Show" Paul Wight
Road Dogg Jesse James
The Rock
Shane McMahon
Shawn Michaels (D-Generation X)
Triple H (D-Generation X)
The Undertaker (The Lord of Darkness)
Vader
X-Pac
Lita (Attitude Era)
Stephanie McMahon (The Billion Dollar Princess)
Trish Stratus
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

The Attitude Era Mode in WWE ’13 will have the following storylines:

Rise of DX
Austin 3:16 Story
Brothers of Destruction Story
The Great One Story
ManKind Storu
WrestleMania XV

YouTube - WWE '13 Attitude Era Mode Trailer

Create a stage confirmed -

THQ’s enhancements and additions don’t end there either. Though the developer has yet to unveil its Universe Mode for this year, it has shared its latest addition to its Creative Suite. In addition to creating rings, players will now be able to customize their own stage sets, even going so far as altering designs past and present. Did you like the Smackdown (’01 - ’08) set that featured a fist smashing through glass? Maybe you don’t want the fist there though. Maybe you want to paste a giant Summerslam logo on the entrance platform. You can do that - and plenty more. For those wanting to adjust every last detail of WWE ’13’s wrestling world, THQ will allow that - plus the ability to share those creations with the community online.

Source : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/wwe-13-reliving-the-attitude-era

YouTube - WWE'13 NEW Attitude Era Story Mode Gameplay!

That's pretty awesome, problem is two things derrailed the community creation last year was the online servers and the ridiculously long loading for created content.

hopefully they've worked on that.

Also were you been Rad, its been a while since I've seen you post on here.

The servers are miraculously working again now .... just in time for WWE 12 eh.

I still lurk around here. I'm just mostly busy on the wrestling legends forum when I'm online. So I tend to have said all I want to say on there to do with games and that. I kinda grew tired of Pes and Fifa the last 2 years too so I've not been in the mood to chat in those threads.... plus a lot of fanboys around to jump down your throat so I just don't bother.

Last edited:

Seems to shaping up really well!

DX Trailer

Punk's best impression of Bane :SMUG:

DLC (Some of those rumored cut superstars are in, you just have to pay a bit more :TTTH: at least their available.

Universe Mode Trailer

YouTube - Explore Universe Mode 3.0 in WWE '13! UK (Official)

Looks Awesome
Details matter in wrestling video games, and they aren’t just limited to rosters and storyline modes. In fact they matter most when it comes to THQ's never-ending, career-simulating Universe Mode. More than re-creating the Attitude Era or playing with superstars that haven’t been in their prime in 15 years, many of the die-hard fans of this genre of game care most about taking control of WWE programming - developing whatever ideas their hearts desire. For WWE ’13, THQ’s upgrades involve more options, more customization - and the involvement of one of wrestling’s most influential figures.

While the name Paul Heyman might not resonate with casual fans the way John Cena or The Rock might, to the hardcore wrestling audience his name means much more - and he is far more influential. Just slightly outside the mainstream eye, Heyman revolutionized the world of sports entertainment in the late ‘90s with the original ECW, which took wrestling to its extreme - literally. Through its fast-paced, more abrasive mannerisms, and its signature violent matches, ECW paved the way for WWE’s Attitude Era, which very much borrowed from Heyman’s brilliant vision and execution.
Given his legacy, it makes perfect sense that THQ would turn to Heyman to help adapt Attitude Era’s storylines into WWE ’13. On top of that, the former head of ECW, and current WWE on-air personality, helped write and guide some of the 200-plus new storylines that are being incorporated into the endless simulation that is Universe Mode.

“I am a believer that interactivity is the future,” Heyman told IGN, emphasizing his enthusiasm for WWE '13. “The more the gamer can control the environment, and choose which way they can take the experience, the more cutting edge your product will be.” Heyman noted his efforts to recreate the Attitude Era focused mostly on taking the storylines from over a decade ago and finding ways to present them with more modern sensibilities.

“It’d be what an Attitude Era fan would relate to but what a modern day fan would understand is current and not just nostalgia,” Heyman said. “If you just come back and recreate from 15 years ago, you’re not really offering much. If you present the Attitude Era as a modern day concept, then you’re doing something that’s new.” Given that he effectively created the blueprints for what WWE did back then, Heyman said stepping into this role was easy. “You know if McDonald’s is making Chicken McNuggets, and another company comes out with a nugget... you know the formula being used!”

Heyman’s efforts with Universe Mode focused on finding broad story ideas that gamers will then be able to manipulate to their hearts’ desires, placing an emphasis on the interactive nature of WWE '13. While he noted that writing for a game is easier than writing for television, Heyman said his fundamental approach here was the same as it always was.

“I’ve always found that what wrestling fans - or boxing or UFC or whomever - relate to is simply ‘Who are these people? Why are they fighting? Why should I care to pay to see it happen?’” Heyman said. “The same applies to video games. It’s the very same thing. The scenarios may be different. The personas may be different. But the concept remains the same.”

THQ’s additions to Universe Mode extend beyond Heyman’s collaboration. Gamers will now not only be able to control what types of stories can play a role in their simulation - turning off injuries or narratives that break up tag teams - but program their shows for any day of the week, or delete shows entirely. Each recurring show can have its own superstar roster, belts, arenas, match-up screens and more adjusted. There’s less emphasis on conforming to what the WWE does now, and more thought towards allowing gamers to do anything they would want. But if a player’s modifications eventually get a bit cumbersome or confusing, Universe Mode now has the option of being completely reset.

As if adjusting every piece of WWE programming wasn’t enough for Universe Mode, THQ is once again incorporating detailed statistics, which break down simulations into a variety of information, ranging from up-to-date superstar rankings, to tracking record holders and historical information - for every belt in the game. It’s might be overwhelming, but for many fans it will be exactly what they’ve been asking for.

WWE ’13 isn’t just the latest iteration of THQ’s annual wrestling game product, merely building upon the significant changes introduced by WWE ’12. It’s quickly capturing an intersection of wrestling’s past and present that simply can’t be recreated in real life, bringing names like Heyman, Punk and Austin together in what could only be called a sports entertainment dream. Mix that with a massive amount of detailed customization, and it’s likely there will be something for everyone.

I only started playing the '12 game a month or so back, thought the whole WCW/WWE was absolutely brilliant, best storymode I've played in any of the previous games.

Looking forward to this!

FD

Shopto posted mine this morning so I'm pretty sure it wil be with me tomorrow. Ive been reading there are a few issues on the ps3... The only real serious one (if you can call a video game issue serious?) is in universe mode, if you use a created arena on a show and then edit a match to change the wrestlers or the rules... The game hangs.

Other than that I've heard a lot of good. I've been drooling over some of the contents people have already been making in the last few days since the USA launch. There is loads of stuff here to drool over, from arenas to a few caws and 360 hacks.
http://thewrestlinglegendsforum.com/silverdome/index.php?action=forum

You getting it on 360 or PS3 Rad? Any news on a Patch to fix those issues.

Ps3.

They said they're now aware of the issues an are working on it. So a patch sounds likely.

Back
Top Bottom