World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

Screenshots are nothing! Ingamevideos can told us how good this game is or not! Sreens are posted on Firstpage so......!

Has no one made a few Games to make a small review, damned i am at work and cant test it!

im so dissapointed.. i excpected something like virtua striker but a bit better.

Its weird.. there is a 5 point level which seems to slow the game... the slower seems the better... maybe its the hd.. i dunno, but its like when in PC you play a game without V Sync, if you know what i mean..
Its fast and then slow, suddenfly faster and then sloooooow.

I just dont get it.
sorry if im too hard. Ill wait for you guys to tell me. Also, im willing to patch the game like to translate a few menus. But my opinion...... i better go back and continue on FK, or we10.

:(

Hmm i have made only two games late at night and, i dont found it so bad!

Only critical point was litle slowdowns but Gameplay was Ok(first view) ok its not weIts a sega game more based on VS and WWS but passing, shooting, Takling, everything was fluid!!!Also Keeper are much better than in We10, defenders are very good! Game isnt so easy as WE10!!!!

But i Think we give it a chance, if you make a Translations for the basemenus that will be nice!

well guys , about the gameplay i agree with jimis..i guess the problem is that we are to used to play WE...
and also i love one thing about this game...they hava A LOT of club.. eglish premier, first and second division; italy, spain, holland, france fisrt and second.. a lot of "other teams..including almost 50 south/north american and asian..

but just for the record: this game is nowhere close to WE...just to let u guys know..i think its quite a good game, better than fifa..but nowhere in the same level as WE

Last edited:
brunnoce said:
and also i love one thing about this game...they hava A LOT of club.. eglish premier, first and second division; italy, spain, holland, france fisrt and second.. a lot of "other teams..including almost 50 south/north american and asian..
For this reason alone, I will be buying this game. Fantastic news. :applause: I pray to God it will reach WE's gameplay level someday.

It has not to be closer to winning eleven, i think Sega has made new Version of Sega world wide soccer! to copy something is easy but to create your own thing is hard! We have winning eleven , if footballclimax were the same then everybody starts crying: "what shit, they have copied the we series". The problem is everyone was waiting for a new WE!WFC is WFC and WE is WE!
Its not Easy after years of winning eleven to say to a new Challenger that he is good! Watch fifa WC2006 i hate the Fifa series, sorry but WC2006 is the first playable Fifafor me. But fifa will be fifa, i have play 2 Matches on WFC and i found this Game good and much better than Fifa wc2006!

Winning eleven has his own Class, its the best Football simulation all over! But I think this will be not the last WFClimax!And its a good Game and not a copy of we or Fifa!!!!!

Personally I would love to see you do a translation for it Fernando, especially seeing as it will have my beloved Tranmere Rovers in (a team that I fear I will never, ever see in WE in my lifetime). I would be so happy to play as them, in a good football game, finally.

However, I think that really it's up to whether you feel motivated enough. I'm sure that 90% of people would want you to do a translation, even if they never play the game. But ultimately, if you don't like the game and you don't want to do it, then don't do it man. You deserve a break!! We'd all be seriously lost without you.

sorry to be annoying, could anyone post some screenshots and videos? what are the graphics like...kit models, faces, stadiums etc? just curious.

fernando said:
I just dont get it.
sorry if im too hard. Ill wait for you guys to tell me. Also, im willing to patch the game like to translate a few menus. But my opinion...... i better go back and continue on FK, or we10.

:(

FK means Football Kingdom?
wooo, i just wanna play it.
do you know where i keep it?:lmao:

I have been enjoying this game more than Winning Eleven 10 and WE 9 LE, because unlike the Konami Soccer games in which I destroy the CPU (don't have online) every single time,

in this game I can't even score!!! Probably because I suck in this game (my highest score count has been a single goal scored)

WEtongelre said:
I'm so very very dissapointed :S WE 5 was better than this... Common SEGA

Why you guys are looking for a new WE this is SEGAS footballclimax, anew edition of WWS and i like this Game! Yes its not easy to score, yes its not soeasy as we. but Its not trash!

I will make a few more Matches!

Fernado lets make a Translation, match by match i like this Game more and more, anyone who handle it like we cant score, ply like old sega saturn days and wws!!!!:mrgreen:

Man, this game sucks. Sure we cant expect every game to be like PES/WE but we still have the right to expect a decent game in its own right, and this game still sucks.

fernando said:
tell me the name of the players of Tranmere Rovers ....
Official Tranmere Rovers website, player list below...

1 John Achterberg
3 Gareth Roberts
4 Michael Jackson
5 Ian Sharps
6 Jason McAteer
9 Calvin Zola
10 Chris Greenacre
11 Sam Aiston
12 Steven Jennings
13 Steve Wilson
14 Delroy Facey
15 Ian Goodison
17 Paul Linwood
18 Danny Harrison
20 Carl Tremarco
22 Paul Brown
23 Oliver James
24 Paul Martin
25 Joe Fowler
27 Philip Palethorpe
28 Steve Davies
29 Paul Henry
33 Mike Jones

:mrgreen: Worst bunch of players in England, but they're my players, damnit! :mrgreen: I'm so glad that a football game (a Japanese one especially) has latched onto the fact that people love their clubs at all levels, if not even more so the lower-down the leagues that you go. I pray to God that one day, in my lifetime, no football game will be released without the top three leagues of each country included.

Very good goalkeepers, you must play very slow to make a good gameplay, use shortpasses near the box, and look to open the defense than you can score!

By the way a litle more finetuning and this game were good, but its very hard , defense is very strong, passing is hard also scoring!

Sega has lost a good chance, so konami stay as leader, but i cant say that this game sucks, we have to learn how to play it!

But it isnt the game i was waiting for, i think Sega wanted to release this as sooon as possible before the world Cup! sorry Sega you did it wrong! Try again!:( You have lost a grait chance!

man, really..i am playing here free traning..and the GK is just a Alien!!he saves everything..its IMPOSSIBLE to score from outside the box...
my goodwill with this game is done...
i really liked the fact they have 4 divisions in england, yes 4, not 3...premiership + 3 ..and 2 divisions for france, spain, italy, germany and holland...but the gameplay kills the game...
sadly! back to we10 i am.

same as i! So i will finish my Patch for we10!!!! after this i give WFC a chance!

for we10 all Stadiums are done, now only Kits needed for we10!!!! Konami makes me ill with this coding their Kits!:( Then we will have a world Cup Patch with a lot o German Stadiums!!!!:mrgreen:

jimis said:
same as i! So i will finish my Patch for we10!!!! after this i give WFC a chance!

for we10 all Stadiums are done, now only Kits needed for we10!!!! Konami makes me ill with this coding their Kits!:( Then we will have a world Cup Patch with a lot o German Stadiums!!!!:mrgreen:

Nice to hear! :D

Worst damn players in country?

I am from Stoke and a Vale fan, we would have loved to have had Chris Greenacre, no one would give him a game at Stoke City but I always said if played in his right position would come good.

And i used to think good old Jason Mac was a quality player back in the day.

Please fernando, if its not too much trouble translate this game. It wont see the light of day over here so lets give it a good chance.

A translation were great, so we can see how to fix teams and formations and see if we can play better!

Hopefully so it is easier to play and score goals!!! one Tipp to all WFCplayers use Milan they have a very good balanced Team, first match i have shoot 2 goals, was with Milan:shock: ! But this keepers are aliens, also the defenders, it looks like every team plays with libero and zone pressing! Damned sega!:(
Ps. I have never Played FK is it good???? where can i find it, its sold out by Lik_sang and play asia!!!!

so far tested some player names. and Worked... jack bauer's team and argentina.
menu translation gave me a black screen, but i could had done some fuck up.. gotta check all again.

Last edited:
what acrap game. I was worried for amin ute that thos game was gonna be my worst regret in selling my PS2. guess not? Ohh well rock on fifa!

Back
Top Bottom