World Football Climax (SEGA - PS2)

Thnx for the rates all!

I am a Sega fan aswell and looking at the rates, Sega dissapoints bigtime, unfortunately.

LOL the passing is dodgy on this game, the shots go like 100mph every time too. anyone tried crossing then pressing R2....he nearly kicks it out the stadium, then it falls back down to a players feet. so funny.

bad bad game.

Fernando, could ya take some screens of England and Stoke kits?

Just the default (unedited) ones please :)

PS, judging by the amount of English lower league teams (loads more than PES) I can see this being released in Europe, SWWS2006 anyone?

LOL! :)
I have played a fifa (I think '96) on the psx once. In this game a sliding started 4 example at the midfield and it ended around the goalie.

a sliding tackle? LOL

this game is messed up. the cpu like to shoot from anywere too and the keeper always saves them. aint seen a shot go wide yet

the R2 player thing is gay, bad idea to put it into a football game

Tecolote said:
This has been a terrible year for Football video gamers
we got 3 simulation football games (Not counting Sensi as it hasn't been released)

Winning Eleven 10 a solid game overall but to me it is a disappointment (since it doen't feature any substansial upgrade from the past version), the gameplay is too easy, masterleague is bad, lack of teams etc.

To me WE 10 is a 75/100

2006 FIFA World Cup (i have both the Ps2 and the Xbox 360 versions), the ball physics are bad, The goalkeepers are extremely good, the defending is very bad, not enough game modes (missing the regional tournaments)

For the Xbox 360 is a 80/100
For Ps2 however 45/100

World Football Climax a nice first effort, the gameplay needs to be more precise for next versions, nice team selection (you can actually recreate the world Cup in terms of structure), the CPU plays the same way every game.

Its a nice first effort lets hope SEGA continues this franchise for the PS3 and Xbox 360

I will give this game a 65/100

I like your scoring of the 360 vers.!

This game almost makes This Is Football / World Tour Soccer good - it's that bad. Trust me, don't waste your time thinking about it if you haven't played it already.

yeah, agreed.

its choppy and god damn awful.

its a surprise such a bad game can be released, no joke. Shocking.

Well, I was forced to play Club Football, Club Football 2005, all of the TIFs and all of the FIFAs this week, along with Sensi Soccer 2006, and finally WFC. And honestly, while WE is top, Sensi Soccer is second and WFC is third. I don't think it's that bad at all, actually - arcadey, but fun nonetheless. Maybe I'm subconciously forcing myself to like it because it's got my beloved Tranmere in (which really pisses me off - Konami, this just shows once and for all that you have no fucking excuse any more). But yeah, I think it's alright.

If the master Fernando found the time to make a translation, I think my time would be pretty split over WFC and WE (mostly because of WE's repetitiveness, though).

kevano22 said:
a sliding tackle? LOL

this game is messed up. the cpu like to shoot from anywere too and the keeper always saves them. aint seen a shot go wide yet

the R2 player thing is gay, bad idea to put it into a football game

Yes a sliding tackle, it was so stupid!
I bought a psx and the fifa game, but after playing for a while I went back to the 'gameshop' and trade my psx and my fifa game for the N64 and ISS.
That was the best deal I made in years! :)

Man, this game is bad.
It's really bad.
It has a good intention, loads of teams and a PLAYER MODE, a carrer with a single player...WE should have it!
But the gameplay is TERRRIBBBLLEEEEE!!!
It doesn't even reach Football Kingdom....even FIFA has a better gameplay!
The graphics are rubbish!

It could become a good management game, bcuz have many options...but not an action game.
And it has a management version: http://www.sakatsuku.com/

If you are a soccer fanatic, try it...specially PLAYER MODE. But it's a very bad game.

finally i played.
looks very very low fps... we2002 on psx is better than this.
so crappy as world tour football.

This game sucks eggs......(digs out Sega Saturn to play SWWS......) - seriously, I think they can do a lot better.

Worldwide Soccer 97 on the Saturn pissed on this shite. I tried this game out the other day, very very bad!!

easyeasyeasy said:
Worldwide Soccer 97 on the Saturn pissed on this shite. I tried this game out the other day, very very bad!!

WWS 97/98 are one of the best footigames ever released!!!!

What the Hell sega eas thinking when they made SFC i dont know!!!!

Shame on you Sega!!!!!

ye i think i'll take dermots advice, it seems he's the only one that knows a real good or bad football game when he sees one, it says so in his avatar :mryellow:... (jokes)

easyeasyeasy said:

There was a very easy way to score evertime in it though unfortunately....;)

Back
Top Bottom