World Cup 2010 - Germany Thread - Auf geht's !

its strange that podolski is international class if he weares the german dress and if he weres his club dress he is average

Wrong career decisions - at least that's what I think. The move to Bayern came too early and going back to Cologne where the fans welcomed him as some kind of god who would win the games all by himself didn't help either.
Podolski shines when the pressure on his own person isn't too high.

After injuries to Rolfes and Ballack and omission of Frings and Low's decision not to call someone like Hummels, Germany have very little depth in the central midfield position.

They basically at this point only have Schweini (A converted CM himself tho that doesn't matter as he's a great one now) and Khedira. All other players in midfield are either wingers or attacking midfielders. Trochowski, Marin, Ozil, Kroos, etc.

So should something happen to Sami or Bastian whether it's injury or suspension, I don't know what Germany will do... seems like a serious lack of depth. Not sure how Low can be confident about this deficiency.

Nonetheless I still like Joachim and do believe in him more than most.

After injuries to Rolfes and Ballack and omission of Frings and Low's decision not to call someone like Hummels, Germany have very little depth in the central midfield position.

They basically at this point only have Schweini (A converted CM himself tho that doesn't matter as he's a great one now) and Khedira. All other players in midfield are either wingers or attacking midfielders. Trochowski, Marin, Ozil, Kroos, etc.

So should something happen to Sami or Bastian whether it's injury or suspension, I don't know what Germany will do... seems like a serious lack of depth. Not sure how Low can be confident about this deficiency.

Nonetheless I still like Joachim and do believe in him more than most.
And the only player who could replace one of them on DMF was Westermann and he got
injured, too. Hummels would have been a fantastic addition but Löw doesn't know what he does.

Btw. it also looks like he still want to play with Klose and not Cacau up front
even after his poor performances and Cacau's great performances :RANT:

2:0 at half time ...

Our boys played really well. Lahm, Müller, Özil, Klose - my personal favorites so far. Klose really tries hard. It's obvious he's under pressure. Scored a "good-old-days" header and should've netted another one earlier.

Great German side so far (if we consider Ozil, Tasci, Gomez, Cacau etc to be German, as far as I know, Hitler's now doing the tripple axel in the grave, haha), but it also corresponds with my ball theory - they're simply well used to the Jabulani and play it effortlessly. I have to admit they have great movement around the pitch, great chemistry and teamwork too.
If they repeat the performance with Ghana, I'll consider them real favourites for the trophy.

This squad sure has potential, but the first real test will be the next game against Serbia, a team that'll desperately need to grab a victory against us, no matter what.

özil :...

is doin the right moves, goes back to help buildin up the play with great passes or stays upfront with great one touches, plays like a real 10 i love that

bad for toni kroos though

great game..
the best game of this world cup so far...
IMO this team has the best chances to make it into the semifinals .. for minimum..!!

Deutschlaaand! 'schlaand:LOL:

Our team played very well tonight and won absolutely superior. Excluding the first three minutes the victory wasn't in danger at any time. A superb job done by the whole team, especially Klose, who simply had to make two more goals, and Schweinsteiger, who fought for every ball and played so intelligent, were on a very high level. Let's wait for the game against Serbia to see if it was a good Germany or a weak Australia.

Great performance, probably the best of the tournament so far. Ozil is an amazing talent, ran the show.

Podolski and Klose :LOL: Rubbish until they put on that Germany shirt.

You could go a long way if you play like that.

Lovely football all round from your team.

Lahm just kept running for 90 minutes, forever providing width. Ozil ran the show in a way that Ballack definitely can't do anymore. Schweinsteiger was excellent spraying the ball across the pitch and Khedira did a good job as well. Podolski and Klose linked well and both got on the score sheet, though Miroslav should seriously have had a hattrick.

players change,managers change but the team always the same,dosent matter who wear that shirt,can beat any team in the world any time,of course sometimes have terrible matches but the way they play mostly is the same in every tournament,thats something what Netherlands,Argentina,England and some others dont do or cant do,so whats the magic with this Germany N.T,like Lineker said before,The ball stroll but at the end Germans always won the game (not sure if i said it right but it was something like that)

Well done Germany!
+1

players change,managers change but the team always the same,dosent matter who wear that shirt,can beat any team in the world any time,of course sometimes have terrible matches but the way they play mostly is the same in every tournament,thats something what Netherlands,Argentina,England and some others dont do or cant do,so whats the magic with this Germany N.T,like Lineker said before,The ball stroll but at the end Germans always won the game (not sure if i said it right but it was something like that)

Germany was great, but in the other side was AUSTRALIA (with 10 players in the second half). that's too much.

Lukas,what i said has nothing to do tonight's game...even Australia would have 15 players on the pitch,Germany could win again,what i said was totally different in my post above

Good match by germany. I think the first goal destroyed the moral of the aussies. Australia had a weak deffense and the red card was too strict in my oppinion, but I liked Ozil a lot. He may or may not continue shining against more difficult challenges, it's to be seen.

But up to know, best match and best team of the world cup.

Yes i am coming,where?? :)

I didnt say its the best team,i said can beat anyteam,how many times u have seen Portugal,Netherlands,Argentina,Spain playing finals on tournaments and those teams have always superstars which the world goes crazy adore them like GODS and nobody give any chance to Germans when the tournaments starts but at the end Germans play finals,rest is watching on tv at home,thats what i was asking how that happens,but u missunderstood me,anyway we are both not German so lets end this,Let Germans talk about this..For sure they know it better than u and me

Last edited:
@lizarazu77

i know what you mean... Germany has qualified 16 times for worldcup, 7 finals. that means that germany reaches nearly every second worldcup the final. although we reached 6 times the euro finals...

i am 25 years old and have seen more finals & celebrating more titels then other nations have ever seen a final of their own... its strange. thats why i have a big smile on my face if i see in my holidays in spain or somewhere else orange dresses, blue dresses, white dresses with red crosses or something at beach areas or hotel buffets... we have no rooney. we have no ronaldo, messi, robben, zidane, cannavaro and so on. we have a team. its fu*king equal we had a bad team (like wc 2002)... we can reach in every tournament the final.

Germany: 7 WC Finals (3 Won), qualified for 16 Worldcups
6 EURO Finals (3 Won), qualified for every euro.

England: 1 WC Finals (1 Won) qualified for 13 Worldcups and the english never seen a final (euro/wc) again... and lose sometimes a qualifiyn round and watch those tournaments on tv - but always one of the top favorites?! why?

Netherlands
2 WC Finals (1 euro won) qualified for 8 Worldcups
always favorites, class football and big football stars. But finals?!

France

2 WC Final, 1 WC win. qualified for 12 Worldcups.
1998 a great age group, and then?!

Italy

4 times champions (6 finals), qualified for 16 Worldcups
1 euro champions

one of a few teams that can compare to germany.

Argentina

2 times wc champions, 4 finals. qualified for 14 Worldcups.

maradona, messi.. but almost a half of germanys final attendance.

Brazil

5 times wc champions, 7 finals. qualified for every worldcup.

this is the second team of the few, who can compare with germany.

but there are players like pele, ronaldo, rivaldo, kaka, roberto carlos, jorghinho.

Spain

No WC Finals, 2 times euro winners. 12 times qualified for the worldcup.

at the moment a great generation of outstanding players. i think they are very compareable to france 1998.

In my words: other nations have outstanding players. we have an outstanding team.

the combination of outstanding players and team had brasil in 2002 and italy 1982. 2006 they where outstanding in tactics.

im wondering how we played today. i dont think we lift the cup at the end of this tournament. but its one thing i know: we have at the moment a very talented team, with many high potentionals. maybe, we have in a few years a german ronaldo, rooney, messi. but if we look in the history, we dont have.

...and for my english friends: one thing is sure. every tournament, every decade... we got a real goalkeeper.

i wish you all a very nice tournament,

good night (it's damn 1:30 am here :RANT:)

Last edited:
I understand you opinion, Brazil will always be the best team for me as Germany is for you. This is difficult to change.

Who is the best now? is too early to say and this is the most important.

typicalgermans.jpg

Back
Top Bottom