World Cup 2006 Draw/Groups

Re: World Cup 2006 Draw Tonight 9th Dec 21:20 CET

C, E, and B, are the hardest, in that order.

all the other groups look completely unbalanced, it seems fairly obvious who will go through:
Group A: Germany and Ecuador/Poland
Group D:Mexico and Portugal
Group F: Brazil and Croatia/Australia
Group G: France and Korea/Swiss
Group H: Spain and Ukraine

These groups suck IMO, but hey Im from argentina.

Re: World Cup 2006 Draw Tonight 9th Dec 21:20 CET

germany has the easiest group, no wonder why

Doesn't look there is going to be any big matches in the group stages besides Argentina - Holland.

Portugal has such an easy group. We won't get through. :(

this sucks, my home team argentina got such a hard group! before they drew out the 1st team i was like plleeaase not Ivory Coast.... then they got picked... then the next time i was like pleeasse not holland! and unfotunately they got picked... then when they decided S y M i was like pleeease not argentina... and it got picked! bad luck man! hopefully we get our shhht together cus im not too psyched on our team. peckerman sucks >:-O either way gooo argentina! :-P

Horrible DRAW, redo it! Argantina tough group. Maybe Argentina needs Maradona to join Corrupt Fifa to help Argentina get a good seed, Pele, Backenbauer pulling some strings for their country!:-x

chelsea_fan said:
Horrible DRAW, redo it! Argantina tough group. Maybe Argentina needs Maradona to join Corrupt Fifa to help Argentina get a good seed, Pele, Backenbauer pulling some strings for their country!:-x

You're not all serious now, are you?
Brazil could have exactly your group now, if things went slightly different.
Damn, there were 4 guys pulling out sealed balls with team names out of the pots, and you're talking about "pullings some strings...", get yourself together, will ya.

Stop whining about the seed, hell you're team is strong enough to trash all your destined opponnents.

naaa brazil always get easy group, 2002 WC, TURKEY, CHINA PR, COSTA RICA.
Argentina's group = NIGERIA, ENGLAND, SWEDEN.

Pele is a miracle worker. lol

Pelintra said:
Group D: Mexico, Iran, Angola and Portugal

Easy no? :roll:
WC2002 was easier and look what happened.
We always fail on the big stage of football. exception was 1966, but then again we had the exceptional Eusebio.

Revan said:
WC2002 was easier and look what happened.
We always fail on the big stage of football. exception was 1966, but then again we had the exceptional Eusebio.

That's like saying "I'll never die because I never did"

World Cups are fixed so that the HOST countries do well.... Look at Japan Korea for example....

I wouldnt be surprised to see Germany as one of the Finalist... Its all buisness......

Just wish the draw wasn't so drawn out and overdone.....lets go back to Spain 82 (great world cup by the way) and the orphans drawing the balls from the raffle cages!:lmao:

Good draw for England with a bit of irony that we're facing Sweden again, for the second world cup in a row. Mind you, Zico also has to face Brazil too as manager of Japan.

i hope that i don't jinx it....but i really do think that Japan has a chance....that is...if they can tie Croatia, beat Australia....as for Brasil...hahaha, well, i don't think the Confederations Cup result will be back, but it would be great if that's possible!!!

ss4_goku said:
i hope that i don't jinx it....but i really do think that Japan has a chance....that is...if they can tie Croatia, beat Australia....as for Brasil...hahaha, well, i don't think the Confederations Cup result will be back, but it would be great if that's possible!!!

thx for positive message to japan:)
i believe Niko Kranjčar (croatia key man) get injured:mrgreen:

I plugged in the formulas, and this is what i come up with.

2nd Round - Semis Finals - Possibilities .

1A (Germany) v (Paraguay/Sweden) 2B
1C (Argentina) v (Iran/Mexico) 2D
1B (England) v (Ecuador) 2A
1D (Portugal) v (Holland) 2C
1E (Italia) v (Japan/Crotia) 2F
1G (France) v (Tunisia/Ukraine) 2H
1F (Brazil) v (Ghana/Czechs) 2E
1H (Spain) v (s.korea/swiss) 2G

Assuming favorites will win.

Quarter Finals. Possibilities.

Germany vs Argentina :!!!: , we will knock the hosts out, 1990 REVENGE! damn Refs better not cheat :mad:

Italy vs France! ( Repeat - 1998 world cup quarterfinals & 2000 Euro Finals rematch) \\:o/

England vs Portugal (euro 2004 rematch! :P , this time England will surely progress thanks to the Chelsea Players lol, sorry carvalho , ferriera, easy on lampard ok guys)

and finally

Brazil vs Spain!
(hmmm spicy atmosphere, many brazilians will play against their club-mates in La Liga, is Puyol gonna give Ronnie a nasty challenge! lol)

SEMI FINALS Possibilities.

(Argentina) vs (France/Italy)
(1990 Semis Argentina vs Italy)
(England) vs (Brazil) ( 2002 rematch, Ronnie's goal freekick, Seaman lol!)

Finals

ALL SOUTHAMERICAN FINAL in Europe lol!

Brazil vs Argentina
( Penalty Shootout!/ Argentina scores in Extra Time, =p)

or

Argentina vs England. (let the war resume!)

Last edited:
Cruyff said this draw is "good for the future". Yesterday evening they called him incomparable, well amen to that!

On www.vi.nl he claimed that if The Netherlands got through and Mexico, England and Portugal won their groups, The Netherlands would be on the easy side of the draw!

Van Basten was looking forward to playing against either side. He thought it was all "fun" and "interesting". All sides in group C play openly and want to show off what they have got.

IMHO if The Netherlands go through here, they are the outsider for the title. I'm not saying this as a Dutchman, because my hopes aren't that high, especially after the terrible shame against Italy: 1-3!

chelsea_fan said:
I plugged in the formulas, and this is what i come up with.

2nd Round - Semis Finals - Possibilities .

1A (Germany) v (Paraguay/Sweden) 2B
1C (Argentina) v (Iran/Mexico) 2D
1B (England) v (Ecuador) 2A
1D (Portugal) v (Holland) 2C
1E (Italia) v (Japan/Crotia) 2F
1G (France) v (Tunisia/Ukraine) 2H
1F (Brazil) v (Ghana/Czechs) 2E
1H (Spain) v (s.korea/swiss) 2G

Assuming favorites will win.

Quarter Finals. Possibilities.

Germany vs Argentina :!!!: , we will knock the hosts out, 1990 REVENGE! damn Refs better not cheat :mad:

Italy vs France! ( Repeat - 1998 world cup quarterfinals & 2000 Euro Finals rematch) \\:o/

England vs Portugal (euro 2004 rematch! :P , this time England will surely progress thanks to the Chelsea Players lol, sorry carvalho , ferriera, easy on lampard ok guys)

and finally

Brazil vs Spain!
(hmmm spicy atmosphere, many brazilians will play against their club-mates in La Liga, is Puyol gonna give Ronnie a nasty challenge! lol)

SEMI FINALS Possibilities.

(Argentina) vs (France/Italy)
(1990 Semis Argentina vs Italy)
(England) vs (Brazil) ( 2002 rematch, Ronnie's goal freekick, Seaman lol!)

Finals

ALL SOUTHAMERICAN FINAL in Europe lol!

Brazil vs Argentina
( Penalty Shootout!/ Argentina scores in Extra Time, =p)

or

Argentina vs England. (let the war resume!)

Well that's settled then, why bother playing the bloody tournament..let's just move on to the next one and the qualifiers..At least Belgium is again involved then...I'm sure our Scottish friends will agree with me.

No seriously, one of the most attractive things is the fact that football is not predictable. In most other sports the best team or individual wins...in football that is often not the case. Remeber last world cup and all the surprises...

And now to contradict myself, all we have to know is against which team Germany will win the final...they have a shit team but they will ga to the final and like usually their most influential player will be the ref.

Remember:

Germany -Austria (1982)
France - Germany (semi-final 1982)
Germany-Argentina (final 1990 the penalty which never was a penalty and all the diving throughout the tournament)
Germany-Belgium in the USA (the panlty on Weber that was never given)
Usa-Germany in 2002 (the ball that was stopped with the hand)

These are only a few examples i still remember...

Back
Top Bottom