Windows 7

There isn't :) You have to either buy W7 or re-install your old OS when it expires though.

Well, the catch is that it's a beta version so theoretically it could just crash and you lose everything, and there's no support for it from MS or anyone as it's a beta.

to take a Jim Carrey quote "i like it alot..."

Its faster and its alot more stylish, all i have to do now is transfer a few essential programs over like my email proggy, itunes and maybe rocketdock and and ill be using it till august :))

im still building my new pc so i will probably give this a go next week. i thought this runs out at the end of the month? good if its till august

hey guys, is windows 7 32bit only or is there a 64bit version of it? what version are you guys using?

is there a premium, home and ultimate editon of this windows 7 or just one bog standard BETA version of it?

what are the prerequisite's in installing windows 7?

hey guys, is windows 7 32bit only or is there a 64bit version of it? what version are you guys using?

is there a premium, home and ultimate editon of this windows 7 or just one bog standard BETA version of it?

what are the prerequisite's in installing windows 7?

it is 64-bit and only available in ultimate - makes sense to beta test the best one.

the spec is listed on microsoft's website, but it's similar to xp

64-bit is a faster version but you'll only really see the difference if you have 4GB of memory.

Nice, Thanks. My sister needs her laptop reformatted so I might as well try this out.

A bit gutted with how quick they're making these OSs now to be honest. I only just switched over to Vista on my own laptop.

Yeah my girlfriend needs her laptop reformatting after she's done her final dissertations for Uni. I think I will put Windows 7 on it when I do it :)).

Did they get rid of all that annoying "Are you sure you want to do that, are you really, really sure, if you're certain choose yes" of Vista? Put me right off immediately, yes I know it can be turned off but it's still utter bobbins to have it in the first place.

UAC has been toned right down, now it only pops up when you install new apps really (which I don't mind).

I have just got rid of mine

It is very good but im not overwriting my perfectly working XP for a beta and its pointless dual booting because all the stuff i need is on the XP side

I was gonna install it, but then realised I've got a laptop with Leopard on, so I figured sod it.

:BOP: Same, I have installed XP Pro SP3 (clean version with none of MS's crap) so I can use 4oD and MSN Messenger webcam on the odd occassion,

That's just the date when the beta ends. No official date has been given but people seem to believe it'll either be this Summer (MS are being pressured into releasing it quickly and this one guy who's in charge wants it hurried up) or it'll be the end of the year.

Oh right. But if the beta ends and the retail version isn't out then we'll all have to go back to XP/Vista!? That would be stupid, surely? :THINK:

Back
Top Bottom