Windows 7

Had it on a few days now, runs great, no crash problems that i couldnt find the cause of an stop.

Overall its a massive improvement on vista, gone is the constant hdd accessing, and the constant annoyance of uac. and what in its place is a much smooth and nicer to use operating system.

all my hardware worked first boot, apart for sound drivers, which i just had to install the vista ones in compatibility mode.

windows_7.png

:D

So you all installed this over your old OS?

I just tried it out with that virtualPC thing so i didn't mess my PC up

I did a clean install, no problems with drivers whatsoever for me.

Unstable? It's crashed on you?
Yeah, shame really. It was when I had installed the Camcorder stuff and video editing software. It came up with "COM Somethingorother has encountered a problem", would do that about 5 times in 10 seconds, and then it would come up with "Explorer.exe has encountered a problem". It's probably stable enough for browsing the internet and maybe a bit of gaming etc, but for what I want to do it's not gonna work. At least I've had experience of it though now :)).

Yeah, shame really. It was when I had installed the Camcorder stuff and video editing software. It came up with "COM Somethingorother has encountered a problem", would do that about 5 times in 10 seconds, and then it would come up with "Explorer.exe has encountered a problem". It's probably stable enough for browsing the internet and maybe a bit of gaming etc, but for what I want to do it's not gonna work. At least I've had experience of it though now :)).
do yourself a favour and tell microsoft. thats the purpose of BETA's if you dont inform people then expect windows 7 to not work with your programs when its released

So you all installed this over your old OS?

I just tried it out with that virtualPC thing so i didn't mess my PC up
i would of installed it on a different partition or do what u did coopz. no way would i uninstall my main OS for a BETA

i've got it running as my main (read only) OS on my laptop. it's been on there almost a week now and i haven't had a problem with it at all. i like tinkering with stuff like this, so if i get bored in a months time, i'll just reformat and stick something else on...

it didn't like daemon-tools, but i used a different iso-mount application and that's been the only shortcoming so far.

it installed all my drivers automatically apart from my fingerprint scanner, but i just installed the vista driver and it's working fine.

all in all, i'm happy to continue using this - it's quite pleasing for a beta...

I would use it but what happens when the beta ends, does that mean we all have to purchase it?

I like the clean look of Vista and Windows 7 and i wanna use dreamscene!!!

You'd have to buy the full version or install an older OS.

Unless you buy a PC with Vista on after July 1st, in which case you get a free upgrade.

i would of installed it on a different partition or do what u did coopz. no way would i uninstall my main OS for a BETA

I wanna test this out properly now and need some advice

There is no way im putting it over XP, so what is the best way to do it?

should i just install it to my other hdd and then will it dual boot?

also if i do that will it pick up my internet or will i have to get that up and running again?

Dual-boot it.

Picked my wireless up straight away, no problems.

I have never dual booted so do i just install on my other HDD and when the PC starts it will ask which OS to start?

Yep. Vista detects that you've got another OS on a different HDD so it modifys the startup, gives you a menu to choose which OS you want then :)

so how do i go about getting rid of it when im done? because i don't wait any trails of it left that's gonna fuck up my proper OS

Im on XP as well not Vista :))

You just delete the partition/install of W7 and then type FIXMBR or something into DOS and it fixes the boot sector.

Just delete XP, W7 is better anyway :)

Right im bored so i am gonna make a partition on my backup drive and see what a proper windows 7 runs like

im on it now and its very very fast

maybe thats becuase i have nothing on it yet but even so i like it :))

Still running really fast on mine, even with all kinds of apps installed.

Don't think I could go back to XP now to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom