Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
You're gunna stay on it permanently :D

I didn't wanna believe that I would.

I've got a huge Mac fanboy of a mate who always said I would when I got the thing, and I really didn't wanna prove him right.

I've stuck to using it for what I bought it for, editing films, watching videos, creating music and such with Final Cut and GarageBand (though I've barely used GarageBand), and then just normal use on the Windows laptop, because I didn't really see any difference in browsing the internet, chatting on MSN etc.

I'm slowly starting to discard the Windows though. OSX is very nice and the Macbook Pro is far better than the other laptop.

Initially I kept saying I'd constantly use XP on bootcamp or parallels.... .... Now I deleted windows and have it on a 5gb partition on parallels.

I'm currently using PCLinuxOS.

Quite nice. Refreshing from that XP look.

Beryl and compiz window managers are just bloody fantastic.

Too bad I have a slow computer.

tried it, uninstalled it 10 mins later

not as polished as vista, and it kept reminding me of vista which i don't like

so it's binned

haha

why would you want to try a vista skin when you dont like the look of vista in the first place :LOL:

Does this support the "aero" theme? From the screens I've seen it seems not..
Someone told me about windowblinds, that actually does support also the "aero" visual style properly.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Windows Classic rulez over and over :COOL:

never heard of Aero so i have no idea

never heard of Aero so i have no idea
Basically it's the new look of Vista on medium and high-end machines.. It features "glassed-style" windows with semitransparency and a new kind of buttons (they're exactly at the border of the window)..

This is the difference:

AERO:
Windows_Aero.png

VISTA "BASIC" (The one featured in the shots you posted):
Windows_Vista_Basic.png

Basically it's the new look of Vista on medium and high-end machines.. It features "glassed-style" windows with semitransparency and a new kind of buttons (they're exactly at the border of the window)..

This is the difference:

AERO:
Windows_Aero.png

VISTA "BASIC" (The one featured in the shots you posted):
Windows_Vista_Basic.png

Ahh then in that case yes you can

when you install vistamizer, install all of the extras and you get the Aero look

i chose just the basic stuff hence no Aero

Laptop > Vista (no problem in 1 year, happy with it)
Home > Xp (I want to try Ubuntu now)

XP pro here, have no need for vista as my system is configured exactly how I want it. Also reading up on vista's built in drm management systems put me off. I'll only be using the pc for t'internet these days anyway...........

You know, it's taken me till now to figure out how to scroll with the Trackpad on the Mac.

Two fingers, up and down.

So simple.

So why did it take me so f**king long!?

Haha, no problems :))

I didn't know how I'd done it at first, 'cause I was demonstrating the text zooming thing to my dad, and it scrolled down.

So much nicer to do than clicking on the bar on the side of the age and dragging it.

I prefer XP Tom. Vista (as I saw on my big desktop machine) is too power hungry and it often slows down to a crawl.

To each his own I guess :-pp

Mind you, I have been fiddling with the registry on my Vista laptop to make it quicker, so I guess that's why mines alright.

1.73ghz dual core and 2gb of RAM seems to serve me very well. The only time I have any hint of slowdown is during virus scans or when using iTunes.

Couldn't say too much bad about it to be honest. Though I can now appreciate OSX is better.

Back
Top Bottom