Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Mac OSX

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Ohhh Football Manager runs better? SOLD!

I don't use any old hardware to be honest. Brand new laptop which came with Vista and the only other thing I connect to my laptop is my N95 8GB to transfer music.

Yeah, it should unlock an option in the preferences, "dual-core". Unless it's already available on a 32-bit OS but it wasn't for me, didn't recognise that I had one.

"Threading", right? I'm using that already on my 32-bit XP.

I'll still install the 64-bit XP though I think.

"Threading", right? I'm using that already on my 32-bit XP.
That's the one - wouldn't appear for me until I installed 64-bit Windows. Wonder why it worked for you and not for me... :eh: But it's a lot better anyway, IMO. As long as you don't have to sacrifice too much old hardware (I lost a scanner, dad had to get rid of an old soundcard - although my scanner was made in 2002, his soundcard was made in the mid 90s, so bit of a difference!).

OS X all the way. I hate using Windows now.

OS X is faster, more reliable and a million times easier to use. Windows is literally in the stone ages when you compare it to OS X.

Completely agree.

I use Vista. It's far better than the clunky & slow XP. However: All of my friends have Macbook Pros running OSX and I get embarrassed getting my laptop out in front of them (ooh-er!). If you haven't seen a Macbook running OSX in action before, DON'T. You'll want one, it's as simple as that.

PCs and Windows are so dated in comparison but I have to stick with it because of my job.

Last edited:
4 gigs of ram? isn't that really an overkill.. i mean more is better but 4 gigs imo is just a waste in today's application and games

Installed Vista x64 and it does seem pretty good actually :)

Right I've not been on my Windows laptop once since my last post in this thread. Been editing a film and such on teh Mac.

I'm starting to see the little differences.

I'm still using XP Pro, with that lovely "Windows Classic" interface. I've disabled a couple of useless services such as themes to make it lighter and it runs way smoother than Vista, probably because I only have a GB of RAM I guess.

Now I'm curious to know how Vista SP1 is running but I won't test it on my machine of course.

Of course having not enough RAM means that you use the paging file way too often, and using the paging file much, means that you use the disk more than normal.. But do you think it does really lead to disk trashing way earlier than normal? I hope not because I'm ruined if it's so :LOL:

Anyway, anyone tried the XP SP3 yet? I installed it this morning at work and it seemed the PC ran smoother since.. Maybe it's only an impression but it feels "better" in my opinion.

I'm getting Leapard for my Mac tomorrow - Then I can finally use Boot Camp and install windows and use all the little things that I can't use on the Mac.

I still prefer the Mac OSX though over windows :DD

Been using Vista 64 for a few weeks now, along side XP on dual boot, im finding Vista ok, nothing fantastic.

Still finding it clumsy to get to settings and things, especially network settings.

Performance wise its about 3-5% slower than XP on my rig, that doesnt mean its slow, its just XP really fly's on my PC.

In terms of the GUI it looks nicer than XP (without windowblinds). but for me isnt as functunal. The start menu is my main gripe, with the stupid scrole down access to folders, What the fuck is all that about? What was wrong with the classic slide out method, i know its there in classic, but it looks terrible on the aero theme.

Overall, vista is ok though the sidebar is proving useful, and all the programs i need to function in cyberspace, work fine.

I'm getting Leapard for my Mac tomorrow - Then I can finally use Boot Camp and install windows and use all the little things that I can't use on the Mac.

I still prefer the Mac OSX though over windows :DD

You know you can use bootcamp without Leopard right? Its not the complete version but works almost 100%

i'm slowly making the transition from windows to linux. the latest Ubuntu distro is a breeze to setup, and 90% of my laptop's devices worked straight out of the box. the rest, i got sorted via the ubuntu forums...

i'd recommend anyone to at least give it a bash. setup a dual-boot and have a play...

XP again for DJ... Vistas in the end quite sluggish performance pissed me off to the max. Then when the AVCHD codecs somehow got screwed so I couldnt watch my HD Camcorder files I decided to fuck it off.... The Downgrade was done!

Well, my Windows laptop seems to have taken a turn for the worse, so I've taken all the music and such off it. Gonna reformat it and use it as a backup laptop, so I suppose I can now vote OSX seen as I'll be using it a lot more now.

XP 64, best OS available IMO :)

Why I don't like Vista? No Geforce drivers that support configurable TV-Out functionality. Considering all my TV watching is done from PC - TV that's a dealbreaker for me. Plus I wasn't impressed with file navigation and system access functionality in Vista, maybe you can configure everything so it looks and feels like XP (which is what I'd prefer), but it seems pointless when you can just use XP anyway :)

Last edited:
I'm using Vista unfortunatelty, it's a RAM hogger :(.

Back
Top Bottom