Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Mac OSX

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
I converted to Mac OSX about 3 years ago and don't regret it. Ive got windows on my Macbook pro so I can use it if I have to. I can't stand using that buggy OS!

Been using Vista since I got my new computer and had NO problems whatsoever. Compared to the old Windows were I would always come across at least 1 or 2 problems. Cant fault it :)

Vista 64 and TinyXP,

Ubuntu is great until you have to do something other than browse the internet or send emails, then you find out how why its not a viable alternative to windows.(ie, its so hard to do simple things and get good software for it).

Windows XP Pro

i buy Vista Pro 64bits in february 2007 and i sell it 2 days after, worst OS ever made

Last edited:
Now Vista 64 bit is a different thing alltogether... What I like is the way people arent saying WHY its the worst OS... is it because its slow? you dont like the interface? Its not compatible with programs you like to use? What is it? or am I just too much of a computer technician :)

I have both XP and Vista and do prefer XP its alot more reliable as it doesn't crash every 10 minutes, Vista is slower and even if you have a power PC it will be as fast as XP on a average PC so thats pointless :( if you want the more reliable XP is the way to go

OS X all the way. I hate using Windows now.

OS X is faster, more reliable and a million times easier to use. Windows is literally in the stone ages when you compare it to OS X.

Now Vista 64 bit is a different thing alltogether... What I like is the way people arent saying WHY its the worst OS... is it because its slow? you dont like the interface? Its not compatible with programs you like to use? What is it? or am I just too much of a computer technician :)
All of that
1- I buy a new PC in january 2007, with Intel Dual Core, so i buy Vista Ultimate 64 bits, and it's very slow, the interface are ugly, i have a 22" wide and in high resulution (1680x1050) the icons look so big, the menu same... and almost all my professionnal software don't work correctly (Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2 etc...)

and yes, it's a big shit, XP Pro pro is great, very stable and flexible, i hope Microsoft don't joke with the SP3.

Xp imo is the last decent version of Windows for the next decade, they really have to come up with something strong to make people upgrade and Vista is isn't it.

OS X all the way. I hate using Windows now.

OS X is faster, more reliable and a million times easier to use. Windows is literally in the stone ages when you compare it to OS X.

I honestly fail to see how?

I've had a Macbook Pro for just over a month now, possibly not enough to see major differences, but it doesn't seem any easier to use (possibly because Windows couldnt be easier to use), and the stone ages comment is null, because theyre very similar.

I think once I got used to Mac OSX the general processes are simpler on Mac. I've been a Windows user until 2 years ago. Things such as installing and uninstalling are so simple on mac, and the way the windows open up is more simplified.

I'll admit not having to install drivers and such is nice, but downloading applications such as Skype to use is annoying because it doesnt actually install it.

And then when I tried to do it the way I was told, it just wouldnt work properly. I'd have a Skype logo in the dock, and then another would turn up when I turned the thing on.

Initially I had problems like that, but for your case you just drag it once into applications from the mounted DMG. Then you copy the one you just copied onto the dock. Once I got used to the basics everything just seemed simpler. Anyway, I wont complain since I can run XP in another window instantly...so the best of both worlds here.

I was thinking of upgrading to Vista but after reading this thread i dont think ill bother :))

Is it worth upgrading from 32-bit XP to 64-bit?

It's a fair bit quicker, and programs that support 64-bit run better as a result (Football Manager being one of them). But if you've got any old hardware, e.g. a scanner, you might find getting a 64-bit version of the driver is impossible. Look for drivers for everything you have first.

Back
Top Bottom