Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Mac OSX

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Linux

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Bought a Dell Inspiron 1720 today which came with Vista Home Premium Edition as standard.... took me several hours to Downgrade it to XP Pro SP3 with all the mod-cons working.... but ive done it!!
:LOL: All the time has been well spent, mate.. Vista seems just too wrong sometimes..

1.6ghz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM and Vista still used 40% of RAM on bootup. No need for it whatsoever to use that much RAM, XP does the same as Vista while using far less memory.

I got Vista on my laptop and XP on my computer. There isn't too much difference, tbh. XP is probably more stable, less crashes etc. Vista is slightly more quicker.

matherto, did you know about the 2-finger tap as being a right click? Very useful.

Holy Moly - I didn't know that either!!! :DD

Its Great.

How do they know you have two fingers on it though - Its Amazing!!

What if you just have really fat fingers? could it think you are using two fingers? Lucky I have slender, nimble ladylike fingers :-pp

My Inspiron is a 1.8GHZ Dual Core with 3 GB of Ram.... so you think Vista would have been ok on it? XP is lightening FAST!!

Vista would be perfect on those specs.

matherto, did you know about the 2-finger tap as being a right click? Very useful.

I genuinely didn't. I'm gonna try it for kicks now, though I have gotten used to Ctrl+click.

Last edited:
Aah, you think it does, but what actually happens is that your eyes zoom in, thus giving the effect of the penis getting bigger.

Sounds like an episode of Psych.....
Laptop is working sweet, I didnt take the time to see how well Vista Worked on it, basically as soon as I took it out of the box I trashed all the partitions, created my own and installed XP SP2 which upgraded to SP3. The only issue ive had is with Virtual DJ, its not working particularly well for some bizarre reason!

Just wondering if people knew - a bit off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I have a Mac and have just installed boot camp and Windows XP.

Just wondering - do I have to install a Firewall etc for when I go through the internet in Windows?

Or is that all dealt with with what the Mac already has inbuilt?

Cheers.

You'd have to install a separate firewall on Windows. Running Windows on bootcamp is completely native, as if it was a PC. Parallels would filter it since it runs within Mac.

You'd have to install a separate firewall on Windows. Running Windows on bootcamp is completely native, as if it was a PC. Parallels would filter it since it runs within Mac.

Cheers matey - I will install one right away :DD

Back
Top Bottom