What have you done Konami? (very disappointed by PES 2008 demo)

Wow there's still ppl like you complaining about that...

Read my post again. I am not complaining. I just don't think the demo is that great, and obviously I'm not alone with that opinion. I'm still hoping to see an improved final version, just like many others are clinging to this hope. Kezz said we shouldn't expect too many changes (if any).

It's easy, just don't buy it.

This is excellent advice. Why don't you apply for a job in either Sales, Customer Services, Marketing or Quality Assurance? :D

If you read the interview that IGN did to Seabass you would understand that they started from 0 cause the new-engine

I don't care if they had to jump through burning hoops or to climb Mount Everest or to fight dragons. I'm not buying computer games out of sympathy.

Read my post again. I am not complaining. I just don't think the demo is that great, and obviously I'm not alone with that opinion. I'm still hoping to see an improved final version, just like many others are clinging to this hope. Kezz said we shouldn't expect too many changes (if any).

This is excellent advice. Why don't you apply for a job in either Sales, Customer Services, Marketing or Quality Assurance? :D

I don't care if they had to jump through burning hoops or to climb Mount Everest or to fight dragons. I'm not buying computer games out of sympathy.

lol, great quote.

People who want to play PES5 ... go play it... i'm moving forward :) ...
Loving the Demo and can't wait for the full Game.

i'm playing it since International Superstar Soccer!

This is the best PES ever!

What does ISS have to do with PES? Or do you mean "ISS Pro"? ;)

By the way, for the people that think that there could be real changes in the release version... Do you realize that we are within a month of release date? And that distribution of the game has to be made and stuff... It's not like they finish the game and release a torrent guys, the game is done already. What you should expect is an official patch in the following months. Maybe on December or so you'll have some fixes.

Last edited:
This demo is an absolute mess and I have very little hope that Konami will be able to fix most of the problems for the retail release. While there are some improvments to the gameplay in several areas, the drawbacks far outweigh any improvemnts.

To put it briefly, there are problems at every facet of the game...

-Goalies: BRUTAL
-Shooting: Has anyone seen a shot that has gone over the bar yet?
-Passing: sloppy, too many missed passes and passes that are 'just' out of reach (feels like English 3rd Div). And of course missle-like long balls.
-Dribbling: Take someone like C. Ronaldo and go end-to-end in a straight line and score. CPU is able to change directions way too quick even with poor dribblers.
-AI (CPU opponent and your teamates): Seems like Teamvision is just another name for making your teamate AI worse.
-Free kicks and corners: CPU score 50% of FK and corners are just a random scramble.
-Hit detection: ...or lack there of
-Refs: Harsh but its been like this before...so not a huge deal but still unrealistic.

I've been a huge fan of this series since ISS2 on PS1 but, unless there are some major improvements/fixes, this will be the worst release Konami has ever put out.

Last edited:
This demo is an absolute mess and I have very little hope that Konami will be able to fix most of the problems for the retail release. While there are some improvments to the gameplay in several areas, the drawbacks far outweigh any improvemnts.

-Passing: sloppy, too many missed passes and passes that are 'just' out of reach (feels like English 3rd Div). And of course missle-like long balls.
-Dribbling: Take someone like C. Ronaldo and go end-to-end in a straight line and score. CPU is able to change directions way too quick even with poor dribblers.
-AI (CPU opponent and your teamates): Seems like Teamvision is just another name for making your teamate AI worse.
-Free kicks and corners: CPU score 50% of FK and corners are just a random scramble.
-Refs: Harsh but its been like this before...so not a huge deal but still unrealistic.

I've been a huge fan of this series since ISS2 on PS1 but, unless there are some major improvements/fixes, this will be the worst release Konami has ever put out.

I disagree with most of your comments. On which level do you play? I can't believe that you are a huge fan of this series! Because a huge fan will also notice the positive things about the game! You only talk negative!

The problem is that you can't play this game like pes6. You have to change your pes6 habits and you will notice how great the game is.

This community has a lot of people who think do know what football is. Believe me they know nothing!

Last edited:
What does ISS have to do with PES? Or do you mean "ISS Pro"? ;)

By the way, for the people that think that there could be real changes in the release version... Do you realize that we are within a month of release date? And that distribution of the game has to be made and stuff... It's not like they finish the game and release a torrent guys, the game is done already. What you should expect is an official patch in the following months. Maybe on December or so you'll have some fixes.

Sofar i have never seen any official Konami patches, so i don't expect very much this year

I dont agree with all your comments. But yesterday i played a match portugal-france on regular level.
I scored 3 goals which were deflected by the goalie into the goal.
And yes, with C. Ronaldo you can just run to the goal and score.
Guess i need to play on the next level.

To compare i played a match on pes6 on the same level.....much much harder to dribble there.
Maybe this will be fixed in the final version, if not then of course you can play on professional or top level.

I say to you all, its best not to judge this game until you have been playing the FULL game for about a month or 2. I have always disliked the new version initially after release as had got used to the previous one. Personally tho I enjoy PES2008 and havent had much problems with the GK's. The only things I really dislike are the long balls which overshoot, the corners which are a toss up and the penalty camera. However i think it will be better than PES6 when new game comes out and is fully modded.

You have to change your pes6 habits and you will notice how great the game is.

Oh, yes. If I'll forget about my PES6 habit to shoot from long distances then it'll be just awesome. Now I'm getting this from one and a half matches on Top Player:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqasOdMFHC4

It doesn't matter how many positive things are added, but if something is messed up then the whole game is garbage. I just hope we got some beta version which was done several months ago.

I agree with Tikami saying you need to change your PES6 playing habits. I can't remember a year when there hasn't been dozens of players logging in shortly after release date complaining about the 'feel' of the game, only for 2-3 months down the line everyone is raving about how good the game is once you get used to it.

The only thing I've noticed to be particularly bad is goalkeepers (which hopefully is an easy enough thing for Konami to rectify for final release). Apart from that, though, no other PES game has literally excited me so much to play, even in single player.

I think its good but not great. It is a little too arcadey, a little fast, and probably too highly weighted for attackers. However, it looks great, and the general feel isn't bad.

Plus on PC, the only alternative, FIFA08, is absolutely dreadful with terrible graphics and 'clunky' gameplay. Haven't played it on xbox but apparently it is better on there.

I must say i'm disappointed too. For the first time in 4 years I'm having serious doubts that i'm going to buy pes. I agree that you have to change your pes 6 habits but I've been playing it for a couple of days now and still it doesn't feel natural. The graphics look stunning but the gameplay just doesn't feel right(yet).

I'm not liking the through balls. Not sure what it is, the ball physics/speed or the player animations but they are too fast and don't seem to be weighted correctly. They rather slide at speed along the floor when you try and play it behind the back 4.

I disagree with most of your comments. On which level do you play? I can't believe that you are a huge fan of this series! Because a huge fan will also notice the positive things about the game! You only talk negative!

The problem is that you can't play this game like pes6. You have to change your pes6 habits and you will notice how great the game is.

This community has a lot of people who think do know what football is. Believe me they know nothing!

I play on top level, but its a moot point. And I did mention that I've noticed some improvements, but I also said that the improvements do not overcome the problems.

Do you think goalies are fine? YOu don't notice how every shot in the game is along the ground? Can you name one other PES/WE where youre able to dribble in a straight line all the way down the pitch?

If any of these things remain in the final game then playing the game will be pointless regardless of how many improvements.

I forgot to mention but I feel like the conservative tackle has become less effective also. This would be fine if you couldnt just run right through players as you can in this demo. This especially occurs when players do that stick out the leg/rotate body animation when all they need to do is to stand up to the opposing player. I like the animation but I feel it gets used too often and in the wrong situations.

Last edited:
I think I have to agree somewhat to your disappointment. My grouse is that the game is moving a bit too fast which makes it a bit arcady. I remember from one of the earlier edition when the game is moving too fast, player may tend to skate. I'm still trying to find a way to reduce the speed. Perhaps I need to tinker with the resolution. However all is not lost as I'm sure that there will be an option files with altered gameplay. If Konami is going to make the game look spacious and let us have the time to control the pace of our players, it is will be counterproductive to increase the speed of the gameplay.

Anyway I hope that the full version will be better. As it is, the demo is not a good representation of the real thing. Consider this, there are no crowds in the stadium. If there are perhaps the speed of the game will be slower. Also, the ball does not look like it is full pumped. The sound and the physics is more of a half pumped ball.

There used to be a time where you needed to master all the nuances of pro evo to be good at it...Ive been playing the game since the first edition was released on the psx (cant say taht ive been playing since the nintendo days) ,,,anyway the game is what it is now..pick up and play, an arcadish take with minimal realism...dont get me wrong the players move and perform life like movements but its not about football and being good at the game anymore its about having 'fun' with your friends...i dont know i dont like the direction the game is going in...it sucks its turned into a refined version of fifa

1....the game is moving a bit too fast which makes it a bit arcady. ...

2. Perhaps I need to tinker with the resolution. ... it is will be counterproductive to increase the speed of the gameplay.

3. ... Also, the ball does not look like it is full pumped. The sound and the physics is more of a half pumped ball.

1: i agree

2: i think it´s the refreshrate wich makes the game so fast. when i force 85hz and enable vsync the game is ultra-fast.

maybe you can force 50hz refresh and enable vsync, the pace is perfect? didn´t try it yet.

3: i disagree. the weight an pressure of the ball feels close to realistic.

close comment: if the retail version is a bit more slowly, it´s the best pro evo ever. (played iss on n64 *g*)

//edit: yeah! http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/news-update.html

Last edited:
1: i agree

2: i think it´s the refreshrate wich makes the game so fast. when i force 85hz and enable vsync the game is ultra-fast.

maybe you can force 50hz refresh and enable vsync, the pace is perfect? didn´t try it yet.

3: i disagree. the weight an pressure of the ball feels close to realistic.

close comment: if the retail version is a bit more slowly, it´s the best pro evo ever. (played iss on n64 *g*)

//edit: yeah! http://www.winningelevenblog.com/2007/10/news-update.html

Seppovich, thanks for your suggestion.

I don't really feel that the ball feels close to realistic. Unfortunately we do not have other balls to test out. In PES6 some of the balls have more bounce. Not all the balls are the same. Do you notice in the demo when we shoot, it is very likely to be at waist level or grounder. Very seldom it goes above the goalpost unless you really press the square button hard and long enough. The physics is like a half pumped ball. It sounds like one too. Readers what do you think?

I'd comment but the morons haven't made it friendly with Vista, so I can't even run the demo.

Thanks for that, Konami.

Oh? Because I'm able to run it under XP 32bit, XP 64bit, Vista 32bit and Vista 64bit. Maybe it's not Konami's fault?

Mhm strange I'm able to run it on xp32,vista32/64 but XP64 original version doesn't work, when I try to install the Demo it is written the demo is not compatible with your windows version... or something like that... very very strange..

When i play with settings on low FPS are 30, and the game is fucking awesome, the ball physics is close to the reality!
When my settings are on Medium FPS are 60 and the game is 2 fast.
Dunno but i hope that thing will be optimized in final version ;O

I just had to delete the demo, it's so bad, SO BAD.

Having played the full version of FIFA 08 PC, the PES 2008 demo is far better.

Period.

Will the PC version of PES be better than FIFA 08 on my 360? who knows.

But the PC battle has already been won by Konami this year, and I haven't even played the full game. Thats for me in part b/c know what the community can do, but mainly because gameplay is still essentially there, and FIFA 08 is still essentially FIFA 07 on the PC with roster updates and some tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom