WC 2010 Qualifying - discussion thread

I'm really surprised by that England results...congratulations. This is also very good for Walcott...big talent...

Belgium played quite well in Turkey...in the end "we" took a point 1-1. The Turkish penalty is a penalty that only home teams get...but to be fair a Belgian win would not have been deserved.

I expected Turkey much stronger, especially in the first half they were quite poor.

Well at last things are looking a litle bit better for Belgian football...a good start to a qualifying campaign with a win and a draw...whe haven't started that good since the qualifying campaign for France '98...i still think it will be hard to qualify in a group with Spain, Turkey and also Bosnia-Herzegovina...

South American 8th Round

Paraguay 2-0 Venezuela
28' Cristian Riveros (Paraguay)
46' Nelson Haedo Valdez (Paraguay)

Uruguay 0-0 Ecuador

Chile 4-0 Colombia
27' Gonzalo Jara (Chile)
39' Humberto Suazo (Chile)
49' Ismael Fuentes (Chile)
71' Matías Fernández (Chile)

Brazil 0-0 Bolivia

Peru 1-1 Argentina
83' Esteban Cambiasso (Argentina)
93' Johan Fano (Peru)

tess2010tm1.jpg

I think most important match Portugal - Denmark.2-3 but last time denmark scored 2 goal.

İmpressive

4 goals were scored in the last 10 mins of the match.

It was fustrating though, but you can't win if you let your opponent score 3 in the last 10 mins...:DOH:

[1-0] 42' Nani [2-1] 86' Deco, PK - for Portugal
[1-1] 84' Bendtner [2-2] 90' Poulsen [2-3] 90'+2' Jensen - for Denmark
YouTube - Por 2 Den 3

Last edited:
:LOL: yep i was sure about Mexico and USA, but i wanted to know which are between Costa Rica, Honduras, T&T and Jamaica the best teams of the moment

I think that the best teams in Concacaf -BY FAR- are Mexico, USA & Costa Rica..

The other teams are going to try to get the other half ticket for the WC finals

EDIT--

BTW, Mexico beated Canada yesterday (2-1) and we showed a really poor performance..
I hope we get better when we face better teams

Last edited:
ok thanx for ur answer. Coz i heard that honduras was getting better and i didn't have idea of how T&T has been since the 2006 WC. I hope that Costa Rica will qualify though!

Belgium played quite well in Turkey...in the end "we" took a point 1-1. The Turkish penalty is a penalty that only home teams get...but to be fair a Belgian win would not have been deserved.

I expected Turkey much stronger, especially in the first half they were quite poor.

Well at last things are looking a litle bit better for Belgian football...a good start to a qualifying campaign with a win and a draw...whe haven't started that good since the qualifying campaign for France '98...i still think it will be hard to qualify in a group with Spain, Turkey and also Bosnia-Herzegovina...

I thought that it will be an easy game for Turkey, if we keep playing like Euro 2008 but we had a serious problem with Turkish Media against Turkish National Team before the match. Especially Emre and Fatih Terim that's why their concentration is not enough to beat Belgium. But you did well on deffence, congrats to Belgium.

Well Bule, in the end Spain and Turkey will prove to be too strong for the Belgian national team...you guys also missed a couple of important players: Mehmet Aurelio and Nihat and Tuncay got injured very soon after a nasty tackle.

I don't like your national coach by the way...

4 goals were scored in the last 10 mins of the match.

It was fustrating though, but you can't win if you let your opponent score 3 in the last 10 mins...:DOH:

[1-0] 42' Nani [2-1] 86' Deco, PK - for Portugal
[1-1] 84' Bendtner [2-2] 90' Poulsen [2-3] 90'+2' Jensen - for Denmark

Wow what a game! If you miss so many goals you're bound to lose...What a cracker by Jensen. Also, I think Nani is better than Ronaldo. Anyone agree with me?

I don't understand why Fatih Tekke is not in the Turkish National Team. He scored a hat-trick last week. He was the man of the match in the UEFA Cup Final for God's Sake but Fatih Terim refuses to acknowledge his existence...

France should've won.
Piturca is a total cunt, along with the majority of his squad. they played scared to death, with their pants down. No balls, no brain, no heart!
RUSINE!

I saw Germany v Russia in a bar off Nevsky Pr in St. Petersburg.

It was a great match brilliant attacking football and Russia was very unlucky not to get at least a point, watch for a 18 year old player called Alan Dzagoev he is from Ossetia (Beslan) and will become a great player very soon! Russia has so many great attacking players it just needs for a good goalkeeper.

I don't like your national coach by the way...

Me too, but some guys who left their brains at the past still supporting Terim.

You'll have a hard game against Spain tomorrow, that will good for us, we'll play against Estonia and I hope they wont make suprise to us.

You'll have a hard game against Spain tomorrow, that will good for us, we'll play against Estonia and I hope they wont make suprise to us.

Our national team will get a serious beating by Spain...and the press will slaaughter them...not they are euphoric and we only played one good game (in Turkey, which we should have won, not that Turkey didn't deserve the draw), against Estonia and Armenia we won, which is normal...but in previous campaign we weren't able to win this sort of matches...

Good luck against Estonia.

Back
Top Bottom