WC 2010 Qualifying - discussion thread

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
WC 2010 Qualifying - discussion thread

wc2010logo.jpg

We played against Armenia yesterday. It was a very critical match because of our history between them. But during the match, everything was fine and we beat them 0-2 at Yerevan.

At Wednesday, we'll play with Belgium at Istanbul. I'm happy that FIFA refused Tchite's license and he wont play against us.

We played 4-5-1 against Slovakia and lost two stupid goals from set pieces, also denied a clear penalty. I for the life of me can't understand why we can play 4-4-2 against Spain and beat them, and 4-5-1 against Slovakia.

Italy 2 - 1 Cyprus
Bad match for Italy. 2 injuries. Attack was crap especially Toni as always. Cyprus were better but Italy won. Also Gatusso picked up an injury now so it's a pretty bad situation now.

Mexico beated Jamaica 3-0

We must 'walk' through this qualifier preliminary..

I still think Gio Dos Santos and Vela SHOULDN'T be starters for Mexico..

South American 7th Round

Argentina 1-1 Paraguay
12' Gabriel Heinze (Own goal - Paraguay)
60' Sergio Agüero (Argentina)

Ecuador 3-1 Bolivia
20' Felipe Caicedo (Ecuador)
39' Joaquín Botero (Bolivia)
50' Édison Méndez (Ecuador)
72' Cristian Benítez (Ecuador)

Colombia 0-1 Uruguay
14' Sebastián Eguren (Uruguay)

Perú 1-0 Venezuela
38' Piero Alva (Perú)

Chile 0-3 Brazil
20' Luis Fabiano (Brazil)
45' Robinho (Brazil)
83' Luis Fabiano (Brazil)

Last edited:
I was in Bulgaria at the weekend, so watched their game against Montenegro on TV. Stilian Petrov scored a good goal early on, but after conceeding 2 bad goals, they needed a last minute free-kick to rescue a point. FT: 2-2

hello all!

i wanted to know the opinion of the people who follow the CONCACAF Qualification.
Who do you think have the best chance to be qualify between USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica (which are for me the teams which can compete for the 3 places (+ 1 game against the 5th of Conmebol) for the WC 2010?

:LOL: yep i was sure about Mexico and USA, but i wanted to know which are between Costa Rica, Honduras, T&T and Jamaica the best teams of the moment

Yeah, right on!

Watched Finland vs. Germany earlier, what a freaking great game of football! Exciting til the very end.
3:3 (3* Klose!)
I kinda expected they'd leave two points in Helsinki. Always hard to play this team, especially on away games.

Wohoo victory for Sweden against Hungary today. 2-1. H. Larsson was the best player on the pitch which is really impressive at his age. But I'm still not sure about this new system we got. the 3-5-2 is not really working. When everyone is fit I would like to see this starting eleven though if we are gonna continue with the 3-5-2.
Isaksson
Mellberg-Majstorovic-Hansson
Stoor-S.Larsson-A.Svensson-Wendt/Holmén
------------Källström----------
------Ibra-------H.Larsson-------

England actually play well and its on bloody Setanta, no highlights too.

ENG-ER-LEERND.

wow. i went to the pub to watch it praying for a draw and came out singing. Theo Walcott should pat himself on the back for that performance. Maybe even stay up past his bedtime tonight!! :o

:D

Jesus F'in Christ, we missed a ton of goals and Denmark ends up winning...

That's football I guess... :(

And we played a good attractive style, something we haven't been doing for years, but we missed and missed and Denmark was smart and got us.
A good football game, not too upset because if Portugal keeps the level we will definitely qualify.

I think not having Owen in the team played a part in this performance. It reminds me of when we got rid of Ruud van Nistelrooy. When Owen was in the team, we played in one direction (towards Owen). We tried different routes but the destination was always the same. Now without Owen, we roam a bit more freely like how United play without a real target man (or atleast one that we use properly). Heskey was almost like a decoy or a distraction and I expect Crouch to play a similar role in the squad cuz I don't think we'll actually be looking at them for goals but instead to stifle the defence while the rest of the team do the real work.
I hope things are kept this way cuz once Gerrard comes back from his "injury", I'd expect him to fit into the system really well.

Back
Top Bottom