UK Internet Provider

Just changed my settings to the same as MJ's and got.

1596418762.png

Still shit but better than I had been getting.

Shows how far technology has advanced that we are moaning about "only" getting 20Mb speeds on a wireless connection! :LOL:

my superhubs wireless signal is shockin lads, i put mine into modem mode and use a netgear n router. it makes the signal much better round my place like. virgins stuff seems to be low end or cheap shit.

Ah right, low end Netgear then. I'll see how it works for me, might be okay as I'm literally about 3 yards away from it when I'm on the laptop. If it's rubbish then I'll put it in modem mode and get a a router.

Ah right, low end Netgear then. I'll see how it works for me, might be okay as I'm literally about 3 yards away from it when I'm on the laptop. If it's rubbish then I'll put it in modem mode and get a a router.
from 3 yards away you will be fine like a keeper facing fernando torres or scott sinclair hah!

Has anyone else had no internet recently courtesy of Virgin's award winning service?

I posted that when I was on the train, I got home and its working again.

Three and a half days with no internet sucks.

Negotiate compensation. I worked at Virgin for a few weeks as a temp, go through customer services, they'll sort you out.

What settings are you using Tim and where is your hub placed? Mines right next to the box and TV dunno if that is affecting it?
Mine is right next to my TV too. I haven't changed any settings, just the wireless password.

Have an old router you can put in between as a switch? Might make the connection more stable, at home now I have my setup like this:

Cable Modem - Powerline adaptor - Router in Switch mode - 360/Popcorn Hour, much more stable connection than when using wifi direct to the cable modem :)

Jay, I think it was a problem with Virgin Media last night, rather than an individual piece of kit. My internet kept dropping a lot last night.

Back
Top Bottom