UEFA Euro 2008

i completley disagree, agree on ronaldo but besides him, everyone feels almost the same.. neville feels no different then scholes

Half agree in that Ronaldo and a few other elite players do feel different/better whilst many feel broadly the same.

However, playing down with lower league teams and sticking with one team in order to get used to all the players in that team, I found that certain players did feel better than others in certain situations. Some were definitely more reliable tacklers or headers and some were more agile than others.

I think maybe the problem is that in FIFA, the overall feel of any player (the general unresponsiveness issues, etc) is still not as good as it used to be in PES. Perhaps if EA tighten up the feel of the whole game, the differentiation might have more chance to come to light.

Last edited:
150px-TheCrouch.gif

:)

I think it's a nice little gimmick, bear in mind this is just to liven up the gap between FIFA 08 and FIFA 09. I will be surprised if a lot has changed, it'll just be basic gameplay improvements - but these things will make it a lot better overall, just like the old PES games.

They'll quicken up response times and quicken up the animations, and that'll be about it I think. So seeing the managers on the sidelines and being able to celebrate how you want to celebrate are things I'm grateful for, really.

At least they're not going to ruin it by including that Champions League "cards" system. God that annoyed me.

I actually saw that one on Fifa a couple of weeks ago and It made me laugh that they included it.

But I do usually just skip them. I'm happy with the computer genterated ones.

I just want them to spend all the time that it would take to implement this feature and use it for the gameplay.

It's a different development team though Bobby, so I don't think any changes that are made will be included in FIFA 09.

I think it's a nice little gimmick, bear in mind this is just to liven up the gap between FIFA 08 and FIFA 09. I will be surprised if a lot has changed, it'll just be basic gameplay improvements - but these things will make it a lot better overall, just like the old PES games.

They'll quicken up response times and quicken up the animations, and that'll be about it I think. So seeing the managers on the sidelines and being able to celebrate how you want to celebrate are things I'm grateful for, really.

At least they're not going to ruin it by including that Champions League "cards" system. God that annoyed me.

T thouhgt the cards thing was quite good actually.

I think they should include the sound options it gave you on Fifa International Soccer (of maybe Fifa '95) - where if you pressed 'B' it went GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAL or 'C' there was drums n shit.

They should bring that back, that was genius.

i remember those sounds!!

And on 95 they added cheats like the invisible walls around the pitch and crazy ball physics.

Are this dev team in charge of fifa now or has last years fifa 08 team still in control for fifa 09?

The last thing they need right now is to change devs and move away from what they built on last year

So what happened to the supposed Q&A "Fifa soccer blog" was talking about? EA didn't think they did a good enough job spamming that Fifa Street Shite?

Possibly not. There hasn't been much news to post, which isn't their fault, and if EA don't think they're posting enough (despite not supplying anything) then they're not going to go out of their way to give them exclusives. But there's still plenty of time so here's hoping they will get hold of something soon.

It was never going to be as popular as WENB, Konami are incredibly lucky to have that.

>Shooting was enhanced, making it possible to score those spectacular long range efforts but not to the extent that they happen too frequently.

It was already easy to score long range shots because the goalkeepers don't respond until the shot is really close and thus don't position themselves with their feet.....

They mention Goalkeeper AI being enhanced. But Longshots in FIFA08 has been something I've mentioned to my friends a few times when we played.
Shots are too slow sometimes and too floaty, often just taking the "lobbed" angle over the keeper. It needs those backspinning shots from 35 meters that just keep rising and rising and rising until it hits the roof of the goal.

I mean, try to recreate Seedorfs' longshot in FIFA08, or Edmans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP7z7SXQnrY), or any of these types of shots, and notice that the shooting has some way from being adequate and realistic.

From the hype it seems like they are on the right track. Hope they aren't full of sh*t. ;)

Amazing looking stadiums! Does anyone else think though the graphics went backwards from FIFA 06 RTFWC to FIFA 07? Except for the zombified wax models everything else looked incredibly detailed in RTFWC but it seemed to drop a few notches in 07?

T thouhgt the cards thing was quite good actually.

So did i one of beast features in years but it was far from perfect more improvement and could of been much better. :))

Must resist temptation to buy Euro 08 but preview making me want it dam them.

Last edited:
So as Gary described in part one of the blog, the gameplay is certainly very different to FIFA 08. Most people in the office now much prefer playing Euro, as the faster pace leads to a more exciting end to end game. Goals are easier to score than they were in FIFA 08 too, although I’ve had my share of 0-0s in addition to plenty of 3-2 thrillers.

However one of my favourite changes that affects gameplay isn’t really a gameplay feature. It’s rain. Yes, at last we’ve been able to add rain to the gameplay engine and it can lead to some classic matches.

You see it’s not just a cosmetic implementation; the rain can have a large effect on how the ball reacts to the pitch, and how player controls feel. When the pitch is loaded before the match it has a map of different underfoot conditions applied to it. These areas can be normal, wet, sodden, or puddle. As the ball moves around the pitch its bounce and speed is affected according to the area it moves through. So sometimes a pass will hit the sodden area and slow right down before it gets to the intended receiver. Other times the ball might skid off the surface more than it would on a dry pitch.

New preview (I think ?)

more here

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ignfeeds/xbox360/~3/250438563/

Sounds really good dammit no dont bail to pressure.

The stuff about the weather effects sounds amazing. I'm actually surprised they included this in Euro.. I thought it would only first make an appearance in FIFA 09.. well played EA. The "puddles" sound a bit over the top though.

So what happened to the supposed Q&A "Fifa soccer blog" was talking about? EA didn't think they did a good enough job spamming that Fifa Street Shite?

EA cancelled it because they didnt want us to take way from Fifa Street 3 and Euro 2008 releases by chirping on about 09. The editorial was pretty much on the money though of what was said.

Should get a playtest this month fingers crossed. If we cant post about it on the blog I'll drop a post on here and tell you guys how it plays and differs from Fifa 08.

Well isn't that just typical EA, how scummy of them..........

Thanks for the update, hope someone from the blog who's an actual fan of Fifa08 gets to play it, rather than yourself being the PES uber fanboy that you are (not intended as an insult, that's just fair comment on who you are).

Well isn't that just typical EA, how scummy of them..........

Thanks for the update, hope someone from the blog who's an actual fan of Fifa08 gets to play it, rather than yourself being the PES uber fanboy that you are (not intended as an insult, that's just fair comment on who you are).

I am a PES fanboy I admit, but ask anyone who is on my friends list on PSN and they'll tell you I'm always on Fifa 08. Credit where credit is due, and Fifa 08 online is immense. It's also the game of choice my friends play so I cant seem to stay away from it. My playing time (taken from another thread) is 5506.

I still play PES 2008 on PS2 loads for a true one player experience, but Fifa 08 is always on in the PS3. Saying that I probably wont be the one going to play Euro 2008 :P

Last edited by a moderator:
ask anyone who is on my friends list on PSN and they'll tell you I'm always on Fifa 08. Credit where credit is due, and Fifa 08 online is immense. It's also the game of choice my friends play so I cant seem to stay away from it. My playing time (taken from another thread) is 5506.

Well that's something I never thought I'd see you admit to ;)

Back
Top Bottom