UEFA Cup 2006/2007 [first round]

Unlucky Benfica, Unlucky Luisão.

What a shame! After Luisão's injury Benfica's defense looked like a free way... well we gonna decide this at Luz.

i still believe in az. they've proven often enough they can fight back in uefa cupwith an unbelievable will, and they scored two away goals.

i still believe in az. they've proven often enough they can fight back in uefa cupwith an unbelievable will, and they scored two away goals.

maybes but az will have to come at us at home wich will leave gaps and im sure we will score over there , anyways i still say newcastle . lol come on braga beat spurs

I count 4 injuries (Milosevic, Soldado, Valdo, Delporte) and a suspension (Pinal).

"We will miss Savo Milosevic and Roberto Soldado but apart from the injured players, we will play our strongest side."

Just quoting their manager who said "We have to face Valencia, Bilbao, Sevilla and Real Madrid and I need to rest some players. "I have said many times, Osasuna's priority is the league."

Bit of a humping you took btw.

FD

Last edited:
FT Braga [2 - 3] Tottenham H.

57' [0 - 1] R. Keane

72' [0 - 2] S. Malbranque

76' [1 - 2] J. Paulo

81' [2 - 2] S.d.S.Z. Carlos

90' [2 - 3] R. Keane

poor braga

Probably the day after the day of the return legs.

AZ were afwull yesterday, didnt seem interested in defending at all in the 1st half, giving Newcastle players all the time and space in the world.

Still with 4-2 they have a small chance at home, but they will have to defend much, much better.

yea i agree they have a small chance , but i carnt see us not scoring in holland , last night they looked terrified of martins and to be honest it cuda been 5-2 or even 6-2 ,

Rangers played the worst in Europe all season but still came out with a 1-1, its going to be a very tough game in Pamplona but we are still in Europe and we have a chance. Im sure if we get a goal first we have every chance of getting through. The Onus is on us to score but Osasuna don't seem like the type of team that will sit back on away goals.

bollicks and can u tell me why our goal was ruled out beacuse i seen no infringment , newcastle played absoloutley terrible well done lads for making a arse out of it when all we needed was 2 goals wich we were capable of :shock: :(

AZ manage another comeback, its really becoming a trademark of theirs, always highly entertaining to watch. But they were much better then Newcastle today, so well done to Louis and his players :)

Now for the next round Stijn Schaars and Mendes da Silva might be back, and AZ will be in full force again.

Btw, anyone seen the Sevilla match yet? Palop scored the 2-2 in Injury Time, and then Sevilla made it 3-2 in Extra Time through Chevanton. (for those who dont know...Palop is Sevilla's goalkeeper :D )

See it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePIoGptFUh0

Last edited:
MARRTINNNSSSS !!!! 4-2 hahah newcastle are way too good for AZ i was there tonight and i guess it shows the diferece between the premierleague and eridivise
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, talk about putting a jinx on it...

I admire AZ's performance tonight, they played such attractive attacking football, it was a very powerful display. Newcastle had a few good counters, but if they hadn't conceded two at home then they would have been home and dry. Entertaining stuff though!

yess well if we never played total shit then we wuda scored , we even did score wich was ruled out for some reason , and the penalty at home was not penaly , still az go through and its not the first time have let this place down , over 50 year without a trophey its becoming a joke , im staring to worry that i wont see them win a trophey :roll: but last week we were awesome i carnt believe the 2 contrasting perfomances its totaly unbelievable .

our performance made az alkmaar look world class wich they are not

SL Benfica 3 (Simão 12', Petit 26', Simão [Pen] 86')
Paris SG 1 (Pauleta 31')

Superb goal by Petit, what a pure magical moment! :shock:

Paris SG 1 (Pauleta 31')

Well done ,but the ref completly lost the plot:( the ref missed at least one penalty(sure)or two for Psg.
anyway now i hope you it:)

Alkmaar vs. Bremen
Leverkusen vs. Osasuna
Sevilla vs. Tottenham
Espanyol vs. Benfica

good chances for the german teams. bremen should have the quality to eliminate alkmaar - especially as they have the 2nd leg at home

Final:

Bremen - Spurs

I need a ticket :) it´s my birthday

20070316132515vy1.png

Paris SG 1 (Pauleta 31')

Did you have it ?

Do you have see the goal my Matuzalem against Sevilla? for me the best goal since ages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLOzEobfosU>

Last edited:
Fantastic draw

Sevilla and Tottenham will be a brilliant match up 2 very attractive sides, and It means british viewers will get to see the impressive Sevilla

AZ v Bremen another great match, who says the Uefa Cup is a poor competition

when is the draw for the quarter finals of the uefa cup , i wana see were we have to go afte we beat az alkmaar

lol...
Typical for a lot of English fans...overestimation of their clubs, their national team and their league...just face it my friend AZ is a better team than Newcastle Utd.

Bremen may be a a litle bit too strong for AZ, but AZ will put up a fight.
Sevilla-Spurs seems a great match too...

Back
Top Bottom