UEFA Cup 2006/2007 [first round]

SPiTFiRE said:
If I'd talk about the past I would say Benfica reach for 7 times and won 2 the UEFA Champions League (like Juventus), was 3 times UEFA Cup runner-up and the team of 60's and 80's years.

Well still not better then Ajax ;) but Benfica too doesn't fit in the UEFA cup

Doesn't fit? We fit perfectly the Champions League so why we can't fit on the UEFA Cup? We were near to reach the finals in 2005 Lisbon, in the game agaisnt CSKA Moskow (the UEFA Cup champion) at Luz the referee stole us 2 goals we could pass and maybe we could win Sporting at their home stadium.

SPiTFiRE said:
Doesn't fit? We fit perfectly the Champions League so why we can't fit on the UEFA Cup? We were near to reach the finals in 2005 Lisbon, in the game agaisnt CSKA Moskow (the UEFA Cup champion) at Luz the referee stole us 2 goals we could pass and maybe we could win Sporting at their home stadium.

He was actually telling you that Benfica is too good for the UEFA Cup.

Draw:

Group A:
AJ Auxerre
Glasgow Rangers
FK Partizan
AS Livorno
Maccabi Haifa FC

Group B:
Bayer Leverkusen
Club Brugge
Besiktas JK
FC Dynamo Boekarest
Tottenham Hotspur

Group C:
Sevilla FC
AZ Alkmaar
Slovan Liberec
Grashopper
FC Braga

Group D:
Parma FC
RC Lens
SC Heerenveen
Osasuna
Odense BK

Group E:
Feyenoord
FC Basel
Wisla Krakow
Blackburn Rovers
AS Nancy

Group F:
AFC Ajax
AC Sparta Praag
RCD Espanyol
Austria Wien
Zulte Waregem

Group G:
Panathinaikos
PSG
Rapid Boekarest
Hapoel Tel-Aviv
Mlada Boleslav

Group H:
Newcastle United
Celta de Vigo
US Palermo
Fenerbahçe
Eintracht Frankfurt

For the Dutch teams i think Ajax has a pretty good poule, wich we should qualify from, AZ and Feyenoord got more difficult poules but still have a decent chance, and for Heerenveen it will be very hard with Parma, Lens and Osasuna.

Groups A & B have been very kind to the British teams, although I don't think the others have fared as well though, they are in tough groups.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Groups A & B have been very kind to the British teams, although I don't think the others have fared as well though, they are in tough groups.

FD

Yea would agree with that, I think we should get through but I remember a similar feeling a couple of years ago.

Newcastle will not get through that group if they play like they have so far in Europe. GROUP OF DEATH by as mile

Blackburn have a chance but are up agaisnt a few good sides.

SPiTFiRE said:
C'mon guys don't be so fan boys, Fenerbahçe has an good side, not so good as Celtic, Leverkussen and so and so.

For me Fenerbahçe is one-on-one like Newcastle

Now, Look at Group H, you will see Fenerbahçe against Newcastle United. I watch their matches in Turkish League and UEFA, and belive me, this year's Fenerbahçe's is the worst Fenerbahçe, I've ever seen last 5 years. They lost their last match at their "HELL" against Bursaspor. And they eleminated Randers! Who's Randers!? Plus, We saw what Fenerbahçe could do after strong team like Dinamo Kiev. But Dinamo Kiev saw 9 goals in their net after 2 games. And their new transfers expect Kezman, they're all sucks!

And god bless Beşiktaş and Fenerbahçe for our Turkish football.

I sneaked out of class to watch the draw. I was disapointed that we had to play Espanyol away, but luckily it has changed so I can go to the match. :D

Nice draw, BTW.

Amsterdammer said:
Man what a lack of reading skills but thnx Rentalkind for telling him ;)

No ofense, but a correct ponctuation and grammar rules make things better, my friend. ;)

Group C:
Sevilla FC
AZ Alkmaar
Slovan Liberec
Grashopper
SC Braga

C'mon Brigada Arsenalista, let's show some true quality foot in UEFA Cup this year! :D

Hard draw for us this year but we managed to get through a thougher poules last two years with Benfica/Stuttgart/CSKA/Marseille/Dinamo Bucaresti so I have good hope.

Amsterdammer said:
2 november Ajax-Austria Wien 3-0
23 november Sparta Praag-Ajax 1-3
30 november Ajax-Espanyol 2-0
13 december Zulte Waregem-Ajax 1-4

I will eat my pants if Ajax get through it that easy.

Bule said:
Now, Look at Group H, you will see Fenerbahçe against Newcastle United. I watch their matches in Turkish League and UEFA, and belive me, this year's Fenerbahçe's is the worst Fenerbahçe, I've ever seen last 5 years. They lost their last match at their "HELL" against Bursaspor. And they eleminated Randers! Who's Randers!? Plus, We saw what Fenerbahçe could do after strong team like Dinamo Kiev. But Dinamo Kiev saw 9 goals in their net after 2 games. And their new transfers expect Kezman, they're all sucks!

And god bless Beşiktaş and Fenerbahçe for our Turkish football.

ja ja ja :lmao::D 6alatasaray iste best team of the european football..

Everybody must see İnamoto , he will be the european football player of this season ..... f...ck :( what a chance for 6alatasaray fans :applause:

;):lol:

davzar said:
what a tough group, surely we're not lucky in UEFA this season, but we still can do it!

Forza Palermo

İf Palermo's top form is continues untill january . ı think you're very very lucky in this group mate .. ı watched your Palermo's westham matches Palermo looks great ...

UEFA Cup Group Stage Fixtures - Group H

Fenerbahce's

Thursday 19 October
Newcasttle - Fenerbahçe

Thursday 23 November
Fenerbahçe - Palermo

Thursday 30 November
C. Vigo - Fenerbahçe

Thursday 13 December
Fenerbahçe - E.Frankfurt

but we will beat Palermo in 23'th of Nowenber I hope;)

davzar said:
the same superstars that were crushed by the poor Dynamo Kyiv....

anyway Parma in pot 1 and Palermo in pot 3??
Who made the pot must have been drunken

and thıs was not true..

Diego Lugano ,Edu Dracena,Mateja Kezman, & Deivid did not played Dinamo Kiev matches.. We bought all them after Dinamo matches ..

*********************************************************************************************

Which team will win the Uefa Cup ?

Betandwin

bwin_logo.gif

FC Sevilla 8.00
Tottenham Hotspur 12.00
Ajax 12.00
Bayer Leverkusen 15.00
Palermo 19.00
Espanyol 21.00
Fenerbahce 21.00
Celta de Vigo 23.00
AZ Alkmaar 23.00
Osasuna 23.00
Newcastle United 23.00
Paris Saint-Germain 23.00
Blackburn Rovers 26.00
Eintracht Frankfurt 29.00
Feyenoord Rotterdam 29.00
Panathinaikos 34.00
Glasgow Rangers 34.00
AJ Auxerre 34.00
FC Parma 41.00
Livorno 41.00
Beşiktas 41.00
FC Basel 41.00
Sporting Braga 51.00
Lens 51.00
AS Nancy 67.00
Heerenveen 67.00
FC Brügge 67.00
Rapid Bukarest 81.00
Sparta Prag 81.00
Grasshoppers Zürich 101.00
Dinamo Bukarest 101.00
Slovan Liberec 101.00
Partizan Belgrad 126.00
Maccabi Haifa 126.00
Austria Wien 151.00
Wisla Krakau 151.00
Zulte Waregem 201.00
Mlada Boleslav 201.00
Hapoel Tel Aviv 251.00
OB Odense 251.00

Last edited:
KICK OFF said:
ja ja ja :lmao::D 6alatasaray iste best team of the european football..

Everybody must see İnamoto , he will be the european football player of this season ..... f...ck :( what a chance for 6alatasaray fans :applause:

;):lol:

Same goes for Rugano, Adu Bracana and Keivid! :lol:

Stringer Bell said:
The final will be hosted at the Man City stadium.

Nice stadium as well. I havent remember final in England since Manchester CL Finale in 2003. And best stadiums are in England for me. Especially New Wembley and Emirates Stadium.

Nice stadium as well. I havent remember final in England since Manchester CL Finale in 2003. And best stadiums are in England for me. Especially New Wembley and Emirates Stadium.

English stadiums are better for excitement and atmosphere, but you can:t beat the Italian or Spanish ones for spectacle (and good weather)

really hope for bremen to win this with 3 or 3 goals difference so they can even struggle a bit in the away leg...:) it's a shame 2 big teams allready meet in the first round.

bremen not in best shape either...they are really missing klasnic & klose seems a bit out of form at the moment. will be a really interesting match :)

Back
Top Bottom