The United States Thread "Road to World Cup 2006"

titeo said:
I looking forward to USA's next qualifying match against Mexico. I think Mexico will be missing Borgetti due to the fact he will be in England for his Club.
I doubt hit club will hold him during a qualifier, the US players always get out of there club duties... dont see why a mexican wouldnt..

jamie_mack said:
talking about Convey he was great yesterday for Reading scored a cracking goal solo goal running from his own half and followed it with a nice freekick! How did he end up at Reading?
Yeah I heard, it made the washington post! I have seen convey play since he was 16... I too have been suspect on his shooting, BUT never on his crossing, Ghazi, what the hell have you been watching :) the kid sat pine last year, and ghazi he got his work permit becaus ehe played in %75 of his national team games or something like that... he is actually readings biggest signing ever in the history of the club, in terms of money

I love seeing that 70 yard scamper. . .but really lust after that quality finish.

I always found Conveys crossing to be hit and miss. It seemed like he would do well to get open and create space, and then send in a real duck of a cross on so many occasions. For someone who was touted as a top young talent on our team, i guess i expected more consistency. But, he was still a teen for many of those years anyway, so maybe i should shut the fuck up and chill out. :mrgreen:

Cant wait for the game v Mexico, but i heard Convey's not gonna play in it.

The United States should be a little more prepared this time. and Don't really need to press hard at the game because they are pretty much gauranteed in!

LMAO - so glad we beat Mexico 2-0. they havent scored on US soil in their last 6 games IIRC!!

I think its clear who the big dawg in the region is now. the second half of that game was a great display, and beasley deserves a medal for all the beatings he took from their defense.

Oguchi Onyewu is a beast of a defender and absoutely ate up Borgetti at every turn. I shudder to think he'll only get better as gets older.

Woulda been nice to have sealed more chances and walked away with a pimpslappin' 4-0 score, but i'll take the shutout however it comes.

. . did you hear MEx coach LaVolpe saying after the game that even his grandmother, sister and daughter could play on the US team?? :applause: :lmao:

THEY JUST KICKED YOUR TEAM"S ASS AND YOU SAY THAT?? :mrgreen: \\:o/

ghazi said:
LMAO - so glad we beat Mexico 2-0. they havent scored on US soil in their last 6 games IIRC!!

I think its clear who the big dawg in the region is now. the second half of that game was a great display, and beasley deserves a medal for all the beatings he took from their defense.

Oguchi Onyewu is a beast of a defender and absoutely ate up Borgetti at every turn. I shudder to think he'll only get better as gets older.

Woulda been nice to have sealed more chances and walked away with a pimpslappin' 4-0 score, but i'll take the shutout however it comes.

. . did you hear MEx coach LaVolpe saying after the game that even his grandmother, sister and daughter could play on the US team?? :applause: :lmao:

THEY JUST KICKED YOUR TEAM"S ASS AND YOU SAY THAT?? :mrgreen: \\:o/

there so jealous of us its hilarious, i like donovans quotes after the game

after the match, Donovan smiled wide and practically shook as he finally said two words he had been waiting to say. "They suck." Two simple words to describe Mexico, the team he despised and the team whose fans and media have adopted him as their most hated player. Donovan later added, "Hopefully this shuts them up for the next four years."

hahahha "They suck" hahaahha
great role modleing landon!!! but anyways what a funny chap, can you imagine Wayne Rooney saying "They just suck" about the germans...

heya there, a question for you americans, has Freddy Adu played or been called to the usa national 1st team? and will he be in the world cup squad? cheers :D

crocit said:
heya there, a question for you americans, has Freddy Adu played or been called to the usa national 1st team? and will he be in the world cup squad? cheers :D
yes he has, i beleive he played in a friendly and has been in camp, and no he will not be in the aquad in the world cup this summer

stupid rank!!do you really believe usa are stronger than France or England OR ArgentinA??I don't know how FIFA makes their ranking but it seems that's completely stupid

ALAIN said:
stupid rank!!do you really believe usa are stronger than France or England OR ArgentinA??I don't know how FIFA makes their ranking but it seems that's completely stupid
no i dont think anyone beleives that... i dont

Hey saunders, hows Eddie Gaven doing? Is he as good as the hype around him? I remember seeing him in a youth world cup. Same goes for Besagno, Nik that is, is he as hyped? Seeing as hes only 16 or 17.

Milanista said:
Hey saunders, hows Eddie Gaven doing? Is he as good as the hype around him? I remember seeing him in a youth world cup. Same goes for Besagno, Nik that is, is he as hyped? Seeing as hes only 16 or 17.
gaven got traded to columbus in MLS, and he really hasnt lived up to his potential, mick besagno, I think he is on real salt lake, and he hasnt done much at all... and neither are hyped like freddy

Is Clint Dempsey in the squad this year?

If not, why isn't he? He looked great in the friendly against Norway.

ohh cool also cs is clint mathis still anywhere near the national team reckoning!

i heard the list is announced tomorrow!

pk9 said:
ohh cool also cs is clint mathis still anywhere near the national team reckoning!

i heard the list is announced tomorrow!
clint has gone to shit, he isnt anywhere near the list... he sucks now, and he is fat, the list will be annoucned tommorow

go usa!

GK
Kasey Keller
Marcus Hahnemann
Tim Howard

Defenders
Carlos Bocanegra
Jimmy Conrad
Oguchi Onyewu
Steve Cherundolo
Eddie Lewis
Eddie Pope
Cory Gibbs
Frankie Hejduk

Midfielders
Bobby Convey
Landon Donovan
Pablo Mastroeni
Claudio Reyna
DaMarcus Beasley
Ben Olsen
John O'Brien
Clint Dempsey

Forwards
Brian McBride
Eddie Johnson
Brian Ching
Josh Wolff

And just one day after being named to the WC squad, Frankie Hejduk is out after he tore his ACL on Saturday (and finished the game!). The injury was only discovered yesterday. Chris Albright has been named as his replacement.

beasley17 said:
And just one day after being named to the WC squad, Frankie Hejduk is out after he tore his ACL on Saturday (and finished the game!). The injury was only discovered yesterday. Chris Albright has been named as his replacement.
good he sucks, but im gutted for spector.....

I think it's weird that Bruce Arena didn't give Spector more of a chance in the run-up, but given Spector's recent shoulder injury, maybe that's a moot point anyway.

B. ching :shock: twellman plays better is he injured,i don`t follow mls.Spector is american(charlton)?I thought he grew up in England did he played for Manyoo reserves

@Simmsm88, Clint Dempsey is definitely in squad and one of the best American players in my opinion. One of the best in the league even though I don't follow MLS that much to know whether now that I'm saying this, he's in good form or not but overall I've seen him enough times and he's one of the best in the league and should have much more hype around him. But hehe as usual it's not him getting the headlines or efficient solid players like him all that much but players like Freddy Adu :lol:

A midfielder who can also get a lot of goals and I've been impressed with him when I have seen him. Nothing special but a good player.

p.s. Spector is American but I don't know if he deserved to be in NT.. I wouldn't have minded if he was but has he earned it? hmm nah prolly not. But he's a decent prospect anyway so it wouldn't have been bad to take him.
ALAIN said:
No I don't either and neither does Csaunders as he said.

But the problem is that if USA do go 2 or 3 levels even further than those teams you mentioned (Semi-finals let's say while the teams you mentioned don't qualify from group or from round of 16th), would you still admit Fifa was right and they are better than Argentina, England and France?? :|
No you probably still wouldn't.. so it's not just the ranking... its a bit of a tricky discussion and more complicated than just looking at the list and saying Fifa ranking bullshit (which it is most of the time but we all know that anyway :p) ;)

Last edited:
spector would have certainly been in the aquad... we dont have alot of choices and outside back... thats our problem, albright the kid replacing HEdjuk is HORRIBLE... he is a converted forward, he came into MLS and a winger, and now is a right back, i dont like him at all, and spector is such a GREAT athelete he would have to be in the squad, whne pool played charlton he kicked cisses ass all over the field, because cisse wasnt expecting spector to be so fast for his size...

B Ching was selected beacuse he is Mchead clone, The Bruce loves Mchead and if he got hurt, he could insert ching and not lose that type of post player(WE reference), thats why he was selected over twellman..

Back
Top Bottom