The United States Thread "Road to World Cup 2006"

footieBalla said:
notice i didnt take sides when posting this article. i merely said this was interesting. i agree with you wholly now cs, especially after seeing the points you have just presented

-fb
i know brother, i was refering to the guy who wrote the article, sorry man didnt mean to offend

eddie johnson is on fire, usa 2 gutamela 0, us looked much better, eddie johnson is a rising star.....

goals
johnson
ralston

anyone see his bicycle?

Eddie Johnson did have a good game, great attempt with the bicycle. He'll probably be oversea's in a couple years. I thought Eddie Lewis also had a very good game with his crosses and passing.

The Guatemala keeper made some good saves.

I wish the U.S. had someone with fancy footwork and a nice bag of tricks so the games wouldn't get boring at times. Here's to hoping Freddy Adu actually becomes the real deal.

csaunders said:
eddie johnson is on fire, usa 2 gutamela 0, us looked much better, eddie johnson is a rising star.....

goals
johnson
ralston

anyone see his bicycle?
great game by USA. should have been 10-0. there were actually two bicycle kick attempts. one by brian ching, and one by eddie johnson. :applause: what a game.

carlos ruiz is probably one of the worse divers i have ever seen. dude is always slipping on purpose and he even got a card for it. he is gonna miss the next game.

Simmsm88 said:
Eddie Johnson did have a good game, great attempt with the bicycle. He'll probably be oversea's in a couple years. I thought Eddie Lewis also had a very good game with his crosses and passing.

The Guatemala keeper made some good saves.

I wish the U.S. had someone with fancy footwork and a nice bag of tricks so the games wouldn't get boring at times. Here's to hoping Freddy Adu actually becomes the real deal.
you dont think eddie johnson has nifty footwork? Donovan? MLS turnend down 5 million from benfica for johnson, 8 caps 8 goals for Edddie johnson

csaunders said:
Ogoughi Oneyei(sp?) he plays for standard leige in belgium, i beleive he was defender of the year
i like this new player for USA. he is well built. awesome defending from him, he kept Ruiz at bay through the game.

csaunders said:
you dont think eddie johnson has nifty footwork? Donovan?
Not really, they have the necessary footwork to get the job done but nothing most other players can't do just as well as they (Johnson and Donovan) can.

eddie johnson has nice foot work. its just that he doesn't have very good close control nor decent trapping skill. everytime he is forced into the corner, he will probably kick the ball out of bounce or pass it back. instead of pulling off close control moves like flick the ball up or feinting the defender off and crossing it. but in short, he is an awesome young player. much promising than freddie adu. but freddie adu will come around once he is of age.

Simmsm88 said:
Not really, they have the necessary footwork to get the job done but nothing most other players can't do just as well as they (Johnson and Donovan) can.
disagree, that flick to johnson from landon was sick, and most players dont do that, then eddie flicks the ball past the defender and puts one in the near post...

titeo said:
eddie johnson has nice foot work. its just that he doesn't have very good close control nor decent trapping skill. everytime he is forced into the corner, he will probably kick the ball out of bounce or pass it back. instead of pulling off close control moves like flick the ball up or feinting the defender off and crossing it. but in short, he is an awesome young player. much promising than freddie adu. but freddie adu will come around once he is of age.
i think you need to watch the game again....
he kept possesion %90 of the time... beat some defenders to get open.. .etc..

csaunders said:
Ogoughi Oneyei(sp?) he plays for standard leige in belgium, i beleive he was defender of the year

hey thanks for the info hmmm hope he grows to be the next lalas lol for the usa i think the usa team is underated i like the way they play fast-skillful-textbook style

and i think beasly and donovan will be in manu in 2 yrs to join t-ho

pk9 said:
hey thanks for the info hmmm hope he grows to be the next lalas lol for the usa i think the usa team is underated i like the way they play fast-skillful-textbook style

and i think beasly and donovan will be in manu in 2 yrs to join t-ho
lalas?!?!? I hope not LOL.. this kid has alot more talent then lalas ever did...

Glavisted said:
It's difficult, México and United States are better than South Africa now I thin; but the comment is malicious. :lol:

Theres nothing malicous about the comment other than the fact that Mexico and the US in my eyes are second rate. The South African team are on the up and will work both teams over and take the gold cup back to Jberg! :applause:

On another note, congrats to the US of A for their impressive victory over Guatemala and god bless america!

smango said:
Theres nothing malicous about the comment other than the fact that Mexico and the US in my eyes are second rate. The South African team are on the up and will work both teams over and take the gold cup back to Jberg! :applause:

On another note, congrats to the US of A for their impressive victory over Guatemala and god bless america!
US and Mexico are a far better side then south africa, nothing you could say can back up your comments mate.. I can go by Mexico and US's international record since WC qualyfing 2002.. its torrid for the US and a good pace for the mexicans as well, The US has lost to one count it one CONCACAF opponent in 3.5 years... the gold cup will prove nothing as its going to be the US c team out there, the US B team would be competetive with South Africa....

smango said:

Ok, it's just an opinion without any malicious. :lol:

US and Mexico have much worse competition than South Africa. Keep in mind that the US has also had trouble with this competition as well. Scrappy last minute draws against Jamaica and Panama come to mind.

csaunders said:
US and Mexico are a far better side then south africa, nothing you could say can back up your comments mate.. I can go by Mexico and US's international record since WC qualyfing 2002.. its torrid for the US and a good pace for the mexicans as well, The US has lost to one count it one CONCACAF opponent in 3.5 years... the gold cup will prove nothing as its going to be the US c team out there, the US B team would be competetive with South Africa....

Who cares if they haven't lost in 3.5 years, just look at the teams they are competiting against. Theres no achievement in beating minnow teams that would struggle to beat teams in the Scottish second division. CONCAF is a piss weak excuse for a qualifying group much like Oceania. FIFA should get its act together an creat a new qualifying group encompassing the pacific nations such as the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and the rest of the small pathetic nations in the pacific. The other teams in CONCAF could be included in the south American qualifying group. If that were to happen the US would not qualify for another world cup in the next 50 years. :applause:

smango said:
Who cares if they haven't lost in 3.5 years, just look at the teams they are competiting against. Theres no achievement in beating minnow teams that would struggle to beat teams in the Scottish second division. CONCAF is a piss weak excuse for a qualifying group much like Oceania. FIFA should get its act together an creat a new qualifying group encompassing the pacific nations such as the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and the rest of the small pathetic nations in the pacific. The other teams in CONCAF could be included in the south American qualifying group. If that were to happen the US would not qualify for another world cup in the next 50 years. :applause:
you have no fucking clue what your talking about, do you know how many mexican teams have won the copa libatordes? more then one, i cant say the same for an english side in the champions league, which is the south american equivalent, you have no clue.. none..

Your arguing with me about the copa? what the fuck.......I was saying how pathetic both the Mexican and American National teams are and how shithouse the CONCAF qualifying group is.

Also the COPA is no where near the standard as the champions legue, so before you continue your rant on how many English teams have won the champs league, stop and think about the quality of teams that are competiting for the trophy then compare that too the south american teams competitng for the COPA. It just doesn't add up in favour of your argument.

smango said:
Your arguing with me about the copa? what the fuck.......I was saying how pathetic both the Mexican and American National teams are and how shithouse the CONCAF qualifying group is.

Also the COPA is no where near the standard as the champions legue, so before you continue your rant on how many English teams have won the champs league, stop and think about the quality of teams that are competiting for the trophy then compare that too the south american teams competitng for the COPA. It just doesn't add up in favour of your argument.
no where near is a strong statement, the national teams of mexico feeds from its league, WHICH IS VERY SUCCESSFULL, How do you know about the quality of copa teams compared to european, you dont, becuase unless these team start playing each other in some sort of meaningful format, your statement is just an opinion. Do you know how many Americans play there football in Europe, the number exponentially grows every year. Do you really think that a country who produces athletes like, Carl Lewis, Lance Armstrong, Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, cant do the same in football/Soccer. A country whos current league already avg more fans per game then Argentinas or the netherlands(yeah and i realize that were a much larger country, the fact remains there is an intrest). The MLS
is in its 10 year has expanded two teams, and is producing top flight footballers(Ryan Nelson(blackburn), Brad Freidel(blackburn), DeMarcus Beasley(PSV), Benney Mcarthy(FC Porto), Corey Gibbs(Feynord), Carlos Bocanegra(Fulham), Brian McBride(fulham), Steve Chernoldo(Hannover 96), Tim Howard(Manu), Kasey Keller(mdgladbach),Onyewu Oguchi(standard leige, defender of the year in that league) This is only in the last couple of years, young americans like Jonathan Spector(MANU), Geroge Wheah Jr(AC Milan), Kenny Cooper(MANU), Bobby Convey(Reading), Jemel Johnson(Blackburn Rovers), Jay Demerit(watford), Daneil Karbission(Arsenal), Philipakos Peter(Olympiakos), Frankie Simek(arsenal),
Zach Whitebread(Liverpool) are all comming thru the youth ranks of some of the biggest clubs in europe. This is just the begining my friend, this is the tip of the iceberg, comming down the line we got Eddie Johsnon(8 goals in 8 caps, turnend down a $5 million offer from benfica already), Freddy Adu, Johnathan Setzla, Clint Dempsey, and too many others to mention.
Throw us in Southe America for world cup 2010, we will be fine. The only teams we have had problems with in that region is Brazil and Argentina, and who the hell hasnt. Your argument is weak and you should not spout off about which you know nothing. Not to mention the US was 1 game away from the WC semis in 2002, Oliver Khan probably had the best game of his life....

The US of A would struggle to beat Peru. Theres no point arguing with you Americans cause you just can't understand logic.

smango said:
The US of A would struggle to beat Peru. Theres no point arguing with you Americans cause you just can't understand logic.
your just spouting out baseless bullshit, what facts can you base this comment against "The US of A would struggle to beat Peru" ZERO, NONE, ZIPPO... logic tells me that your a moron who wouldnt know his ass from a hole in the ground, thats logic, now go back in your pointless off-topic thread and post someting you dim-wit.

The logic is they struggled to beat Jamaica and were far from impressive in beat Guatemalla. Both great CONCAF teams that would test any of the top nations on their day no dobut. I know it is difficult for you to accept that your country is not the great team that you imagine them to, but you have to let it go Saunders for the good of the forums let go of your dillusional fantasies. The forthcoming world cup will back up my claims, the US will be going home after failing to progress past the group stage. Feel free to quote me on this when the world cup rolls around.

Saunders I never tire of your rapire wit, iys a shame that you have only based yourself in the football topic (or is that soccer? for you Americans) anyway Saunders you need to expand your witty banter to encompass more of the forums.

im thinking since saunders started this thread, you're the one who should move on if you dont like what you see here. there's no point in judging an entire nation from one person you know, or should i say an alias of a person who is american. no doubt you ll be insulting Canadians soon just because it says "Location: Toronto, Canada" underneath my avatar.

-fb

smango said:
The logic is they struggled to beat Jamaica and were far from impressive in beat Guatemalla.

Don't forget about Panama. Panama won it there in my opinion, since an offside argument could have been made about Jones. A "world beater" such as the USA shouldn't have to rely on a loose ball in the area that randomly falls to a player in front of the open net. Especially since the goal came in the 90th (or so) minute.

Dime you have great football knowledge, unlike some of the other members posting in here. We are the only two who see how flawed the qualification system is, seeing the likes of the Netherlands and Australia absent from the last world cup was a disgrace.

Dime said:
Don't forget about Panama. Panama won it there in my opinion, since an offside argument could have been made about Jones. A "world beater" such as the USA shouldn't have to rely on a loose ball in the area that randomly falls to a player in front of the open net. Especially since the goal came in the 90th (or so) minute.
It was away game, WE EBAT THEM 6 TO ZERO at home!!!!!!! Do you realize how far it is for say claudio reyna and the restof the european based players to travel from England to PANANMA!!!!!
this aint no short hop on a jet in europe boys, you guys seems to forget that, doyou know waht jet leg does to your body, you probably dont... it WRECKS HAVOC!!!! How would you like to play in front of fans that scream OSAMA! OSAMA! hold signs up that say remember the twin towers, your going down too!!! Or how about "OSAMA stay here, Yankee go home!!" PLaying away in concacaf is very demanding since 90% of the us roster is foreign based players, the european teams dont have this disadvantage, there are more factors in a game then OH PANANMA SUCKS!!! Not to mention the local fans party outside the hotel all night long, and do not allow the US players to get sleep, did you even watch the US Guatamela game?!?!?!?! We dominated, we had two goals called back, and that game could have been 5-0. The point is this, WE DONT LOSE IN CONCACAF, if we did, your guys points would be well taken, but since we dont lose points and we dominate teams we shouldm you guys are going to say we are inferior, your nuts... what else can we do to prove you wrong, go to the qtrs of the world cup, BEEN THERE DONE THAT, semis is next.....

Back
Top Bottom