The TV Show Thread

Yeah, the show definately got better as it went on. Unfortunately we got to see less of Miracle Laurie in low-cut tops and nightwear as well :(

Any of you guys watched Sons of Anarchy i must say im not really into biker gang scene but its really enjoyable to watch.

I beleive it could well be next Sopranos if it keeps on going. :))

I watched about 5-6 episodes of the first series and it was alright but just didn't stick with it in the end, got a bit bored.

No, it's not cancelled.
It was renewed months ago. It's FX's most successful series since Rescue Me.

Really enjoyed the Dollhouse finale. The show got much stronger towards the end... I hope it continues.

Overall I enjoyed this show a lot, some nice twists and questions.

As much as I hate cliffhangers sometimes you need them, shows like Dollhouse and Lie to Me never got me eager to see whats next, but when you do you don't regret.

Bones has been renewed for two more seasons :COOL: and I'm going to start watching Dollhouse this week, sounds like its good.

Just watched the Beast finale.... enjoyed this series. A cop show that has a pretty solid story and likeable characters. Hope its renewed and that Swayze's health is better.

After finding out yesterday that TSCC has been cancelled, The Unit has also been axed... I've been watching it on Virgin and it's been the best series of the 4 so far.

I don't think I want to start watching any new programs for a while as the ones I like seem to get canned!

After finding out yesterday that TSCC has been cancelled, The Unit has also been axed... I've been watching it on Virgin and it's been the best series of the 4 so far.

I don't think I want to start watching any new programs for a while as the ones I like seem to get canned!

Very disappointing, Without a Trace and Everybody Hates Chris have been axed too.

Last edited:
Joss Whedon got lucky. The show is renewed.

How was it Whedon getting lucky? If anything it's Dollhouse fans getting lucky, it's a great show and the first season was excellent, Whedon will get work anywhere so it doesn't matter which channel and which show he is working on.

Channel Five have picked the 2nd season of Breaking Bad, which means it wont be in HD.

:TD:

Thanks a lot FX.

How was it Whedon getting lucky? If anything it's Dollhouse fans getting lucky, it's a great show and the first season was excellent, Whedon will get work anywhere so it doesn't matter which channel and which show he is working on.

He got lucky compared to the numerous shows that have been cancelled this year... And the expectations of the renewal were far from optimistic.

For me, Dollhouse is a simple guilty pleasure : it's very enjoyable but far from excellence. Sure, it's better than most of TV shows, epecially for its originality. But a "great show" also needs a great casting and emotion, and the lack of emotion on Dollhouse is the biggest flaw for my liking :Y1.
That's why I can't use the term great and excellence for Dollhouse, Whedon or not.

I'm happy it's renewed but when you know the budget is cut (like Chuck's), it's scary :ANX:.

In my opinion, the quality of American TV has decreased a lot this year :
- 60% of the new shows are average, not constant from start to end
- 20% are sh*t and are dead very quickly
- 20% are quality but half with good ratings

Now, here's my personal evaluation :P....

During the 2008-2009 fall-winter period :

My 5 disappointments :
- 24 - S7
- Damages - S2
- Heroes - S3
- Nip/Tuck - S5
- The Simpsons - S20

My 5 favourites :
- Breaking Bad - S2
- Chuck - S2
- Lost - S5
- The Big Bang Theory - S2
- The Shield - S7

My 5 reconciliations :
- Battlestar Galactica - S4
- Friday Night Lights - S3
- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - S4
- My Name is Earl - S4
- Scrubs - S8

My 5 discoveries :
- Better Off Ted - S1
- Dollhouse - S1
- Eastbound and Down - S1
- Star Wars The Clone Wars - S1
- True Blood - S1

I've just started watching S7 of 24 and i'm enjoying it after watching the first three episodes. Heroes has been relatively disappointing though.

Sad to see The Unit go as its my favourite show along with Dexter but i thought Series 4 went abit off track kind of lost itself.

Series 1 and 2 was the best for me oh well im sure there will be something to replace it soon enough. Its rather annoying but it seems CBS have abit of reputation with chopping some good shows shame to see Termintor go also.

i hope the recession doesn't affect 'the Unusuals'.
it's kinda like the 'Hill Street Blues' of the 2000's.

I would like to know who the crap is running the Simpson's, the last three or four series have been pants... I know there have been a few decent ones here and there but my god, just play some of the first 6 seasons against this drivel...

Up to Ep 6 of Dollhouse and i would not rate it being top show and up with Dexter or The Unit in its prime.

Rather slow start but seems to picked up from Episode 5 im going to see it out until end of season.

HSB had some humor, also unusual characters too ;)

Yes I know, I was alive to watch it when it originally aired ;) But the show was minimum 95% drama, it would not be described as anything other than a police drama, whereas the unusuals is described as a procedural comedy police show or some such.

Back
Top Bottom