The Sims 3(PC) June 09

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
The freedom of The Sims™ 3 will inspire you with endless creative possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief!

Create over a million unique Sims and control their lives. Customize everything from their appearances, to their personalities and even the home of their dreams. Then, send your Sims out to explore new locations around town and to meet other Sims in the neighborhood(Seamless neighbourhood!! no loading times!!!).

Go online to download exclusive content and show off your own creations to the world. With all-new quick challenges and rewarding game play, The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to choose whether (or not!) to fulfill your Sims’ destinies and make their wishes come true.

FOR WINDOWS XP
* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* A 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

FOR WINDOWS VISTA
* 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1.5 GB RAM
* A 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

More info here http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/about.jsp

Screen shots:

intro3.jpg

sims3factsheet.jpg

MistralHouse.jpg

the-sims-3-20090310034959484-000.jpg

Thwsims3-90-1-.jpg

http://www.simprograms.com/images/games/sims3factsheet.jpg

[IMG]http://twentyfourcarat.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/082908_sims3paint.jpg

sims3pcscrnpolicestatiodq2.jpg

yea man. seamless open neighbourhood. no more loading between each house/lot. all loads once and that's it. just like gta4 plus there is no DRM in this game!!

The loading times in the Sims 1 and 2 were ridiculous, it made going out of the lot you were in a chore and was pointless doing it

The loading times in the Sims 1 and 2 were ridiculous, it made going out of the lot you were in a chore and was pointless doing it
agreed. it was terrible and i hated it as well. glad they fixed this issue and you only have to go through the loading screen once

Home ftw!

;)

..Seriously, this is a chicks game. How do you blow things up, shoot people and manage a football team in this?

The main annoyance for me with the sims was the speed that time goes by. When the alarms go off in the morning and your sim starts to wake up, an hour of time will have gone by before they've even managed to walk out of their bedroom - so they have enough time to eat, then before they can shit or shower their ride pulls up outside so they'll have to go to work with those things left undone. They come home angry they stink and shit themselves then they fall asleep on the floor and refuse to go to bed until they've rested enough to stand up and walk upstairs.

This continues over and over and over until you throw the pc out of your living room window and scream 'THIS TIME IS AS FAST AS HELL... AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!

If they've not fixed that then I'll be passing on Sims 3 - I enjoy the creating side of it but I hardly ever actually play it because of the time.

Last edited:
well i heard common needs such has bathing, going to the toilet and eating can be "disabled/slowed down" so that you get more time actually "play" with the sims

i neevr did 'get' the sims to be honest, played the castaway version again recently and just cant say i could be bothered...

I always find the Sims to be quite fun for a short period of time, then I get back to it a few months later!

I will certainly buy this one!

i neevr did 'get' the sims to be honest, played the castaway version again recently and just cant say i could be bothered...

Castaway version is probably one of the worst versions.

I always tend to make homes for the girlfriend and then get bored and never play the game - mainly becuase of how fast time goes by in the game so walking down the stairs takes half an hour of sim time.

When I do play I always tend to make the same characters and then let the AI control them and see what they get up to in other sim homes.

My main guy is a Tramp and I make him as nasty and as thick as possible - I make sure in his home he only has the stuff he needs to survive, so he has a fridge and a phone and that's about it. no house to live inside, just trashy items and old looking furniture arranged on grass - So after a few hours he'll always end up filling his pants and smelling and then getting angry he has no good stuff in his home and will constantly fall asleep in other peoples homes annoying them as they try to chase him out of their home so they can go to bed - as i keep waking him up when he falls asleep on the grass all through the night.

The Sims 3 to get new online options

EA has revealed more about what we can expect from the online offerings in The Sims 3.

When you buy the game you'll get GBP 6 worth of SimPoints to spend in the Sims 3 Store. You can use them to purchase clothing, furniture and all sorts of other extra items for your Sims world. Extra points will be available in bundles of 500, 1000 and 2000.

Another new feature is the Game Launcher, a page designed to act as a hub for the Sims community. You can use it to get information about game updates and keep track of downloads, uploads and installs, plus your Sims videos and photos. The Game Launcher will also update you on new stuff in the store, special promotions and the best community-created content.

Head over to TheSims3.com now and you'll find a marketing website, but from 5th June this will be replaced with a full community and product site. It'll feature a second town, Riverview, which you can download.

The site will also highlight the best and most popular content available via the Exchange. It'll allow players to create and manage their profiles, view and share videos made with the Create a Movie tool, post news, make friends and gro.... Never Mind

cool. sounds good. i wonder if you can share and download other peoples lots and families?

My Gosh, once I get a hold of this I'm going to get as fat as that character. This looks like everything you want in a never ending game. Had this pre-ordered for months now, gleeee! I have to have my girly games as well as my boyish games, and this one is just so good. Playing God ftw.

This is great especially since I'm going abroad for the summer, will be a great game to kill time with.

Since I've practically given up on FM.

Back
Top Bottom