The Sims 3(PC) June 09

Within 10 minutes of loading it up I always get this nagging doubt that grows into a crescendo "It's a Freaking Dolls House!...your playing with a Dolls House"

Dont be ashamed to play this game. if you enjoy playing God and building stuff, this is the game to play

I got the first version of The Sims on PC because I heard it was the best-selling game of all time, so thought it must be good, but it was just a silly little game where you tell people what to do and (as Kenny said) it's like playing with a dolls house.

i know. its shocking! i spoke to a mate who played it and said its very very good and he doesnt even like sims 1 and 2!!

got this pre ordered now :)

Mate of mine tried it and only played for 10 mins or so but said it seemed very similar to Sims 2 with some small improvements which definately make it better. Not having load screens while changing areas was a big improvement apparantly.

It was the same with GTA, when they are going for almost a world wide release date they have to send it out very early to stores, so it wasn't that surprising really.

My mate says he can't notice any difference between this and what he remembers of Sims 2. Very boring he says, but he never understood the fun in the earlier versions.

it does feel like sims 2 but behind the scenes is where the big improvements are.

im speaking to my mate now via msn and he further says that one big improvement is that the sims can actually act and make the right decisions on their own. he said how he left the game running on its own for an hour and his sim at the time made new friends, eat, sleep, clean himself, and get ready and go to his job automaticly without him needing to tell the sim what to do everytime.

to me that is a major improvement along with the open world

Ah that sounds pretty good then Jonney. It was the little things like getting it to go for a piss which did my head in, so if it'll do that itself then it's much better :)

yea, you focus more on there "goals" then their needs ie eating, sleeping etc.

the AI is phenomenal. It may not look like killzone 2 but the gameplay and AI is brilliant.

worth £30 imo.

My mate invited another sim over and that sim stood outside his house for five ours reading a book in the dark, so I wouldn't say brilliant ;) Probably better than Sims 2 though.

My mate invited another sim over and that sim stood outside his house for five ours reading a book in the dark, so I wouldn't say brilliant ;) Probably better than Sims 2 though.

You've never had a reading the book outside in the dark party? You've never lived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Had a similar thing, my sim was hungry so ordered a pizza in and the guy just left it on the doorstep to rot and didn't bother eating it despite paying $30. Some would call that a bug but I guess EA will use the "unique characteristics of each Sim" as a cover for anything like this. I must have forgot to add Eating freshly delivered hot food as one of my Sims default traits.

Can you still build a pool and sell the ladder as your sim is swimming, and watch as he swims helplessly with no way to get out?

Worthless...I thought sequels were supposed to ADD new features, not remove old classics...

I guess I'll just have to stick to the old "Make a room full of stoves" method.

Haha I remember that The Sims was so boring that the only way I could wring a bit of fun out of it was by trapping someone in a really small room and then try to get them to set it on fire, or as you said trap them in a swimming pool :LOL:.

I gave it to my sister and somehow she liked it, but I think it's the worst idea of a game possible - just ordering somebody around to do simple everyday things like going for a shit, eating, sleeping, showering and going to work, where is there any fun in that?

I really don't understand why the series has got the acclaim from reviewers that it's had.

I suppose because it's the definition of a 'god game' where you control almost everything in the sims life. Who they're friends with how they interact with them, what job they have and how good they are at it, how many kids and how many wives, where they live, how they live, how the home looks like. You get out of it what you out in, so if you sit there doing nothing much you'll get nothing back and think the games pointless.

The shitting, eating, washing, tidying side to it does bore me though.

Honestly it does get boring, but what I usually do is play it for a week then get bored, in 2 months I think of the Sims and play it again.

Anyway, this is a perfect chance for me to get a new graphics card.

I suppose because it's the definition of a 'god game' where you control almost everything in the sims life. Who they're friends with how they interact with them, what job they have and how good they are at it, how many kids and how many wives, where they live, how they live, how the home looks like. You get out of it what you out in, so if you sit there doing nothing much you'll get nothing back and think the games pointless.

The shitting, eating, washing, tidying side to it does bore me though

there was cheats and 1000 of mods to turn that off

Back
Top Bottom