The Retro-PES Corner

@Madmac79: It definitely has the potential!
I can say North Korea is much worse. My striker was decent (74 att, a few +70 stats as well), the other striker who was playing as AMF had +80 speed stats, 72 att. and decent finishing but everyone else was just shockingly bad. No player had +75 header, no defender with +75 defense...and no bench players good enough to challenge the already horrible starting-11 players (throughout the campaign I rarely ever made subs). Now consider PES2010 Thailand is even worse...can't wait to get to know their squad!

@mattmid: I can't believe I am now responsible for the escalation of the tension between USA and North Korea...though this could be a "YUGE" marketing trick for our Corner here.

@Titch: People send their statsheets and details and then we join them all together in a team, right? I support your idea. If we could get at least 11 guys to join in, that'd be fantastic. We have many people reading our Corner who're not necessarily Evo-web members, so if they're reading what I'm writing...
50d1d96504abf1c14740672744fd2e52.jpg

Last edited:
@lazoli Yeah kitserver 3 appears to have been updated in 2016/17 according to the read me and now has the option like the others to customise the resolution and camera zoom :)

@Titch In Sany's thread there's several 17/18 patches you could use if you're doing it on pes6, other pes's I'm not sure. PECH, Infinity and Vox are three up to date one's in the thread.

@miguelfcp Excellent write up, had me laughing :) Apparently Trump has tweeted it's fake news about the NK result. USA won 6-0 and are the best team in the world and his dad could beat up Kim Jong-Un's.

@WhoAteMeDinner A great season! I'm going to take a punt and say that the CB(sweeper) is top scorer due to the Big Sam set piece routines rather than some modern day Beckenbaur doing mazy dribbles up the pitch. No wonder he's suffering with the goals shipped at the back though. That reminds me of my Domzale season with all the 5's conceded!

England could be involved in the Reverse World Cup Challenge, where you take a perceived good team and see how badly you can under achieve. :D

Castolo, Castolo, where did it all go wrong between PES3 and PES6?

@fmicablues7 Look forward to hearing how it goes.

@mattmid , That is spot on mate, Heinrich was channeling his inner-Kaiser, playing like Beckenbauer, only problem was, all that going up for set-pieces left us exposed at the back. The number of fast break goals COM teams scored against us was what put poor Big Sam in the hospital. As for Castolo and the other defaults in PES 6, compared to PES 3. the weird thing is that the stats for the players are quite similar in both games, but the way PES 6 game pace and player abilities have all been slowed down affects the default players more than others, as their stats are just good enough when the game is quick and dynamic. :FISH:

Aston Villa FC on brink of financial ruin. :CRY::CRY::CRY:

A warning to all those PES Master League players tempted to sign a big name, show pony for 1500 or 1600 salary points a season, these players hardly ever live up to the salary burden they bring.

I call it John Terryitis. :R1:R1:R1

@liam0709 , a bit of a PES purest, like me and @fmicablues7 , I suspect. While the later games do look beautiful on the eye, for me, they are a bit like an empty vessel. There is lots of eye candy and extra foofery and faffery such as player development, retirement, re gens, new gens, team condition regulation and even dressing room team talks and scouts, god help us. :ROLL::ROLL::ROLL:

But the mother of all football games was always about the gameplay, nothing else. PES 1, 2 and 3 most of all are just about the football. :LOVE::LOVE::LOVE::LOVE::LOVE:

Last edited:
Hey guys. Installed PES3 on my PC today. Have an issue where the resolution within the game settings doesn’t stick when I set it to the highest. It always resets back to the lowest. Any idea why this is happening?

Last edited:
Guys, are we allowed to just chat about the upcoming World Cup on this little corner of the evo forums of ours ? Was looking at the other real football threads and they are tumble weed. :THINK:

Will the mods/admins give me the full ? :R1:R1:R1

(Reason I ask is every one is so nice and chilled on here that I don't want to be banned for serial off-topic rule breaks, which was what got me perma-banned from a certain other forum recently and how I came to here, happily.) :D:D:D

Hey guys. Installed PES3 on my PC today. Have an issue where the resolution within the game settings doesn’t stick when I set it to the highest. It always resets back to the lowest. Any idea why this is happening?

If you set the resolution inside the kitserver configuration, then it is normal as this will override the in-game settings anyway.

Guys, are we allowed to just chat about the upcoming World Cup on this little corner of the evo forums of ours ? Was looking at the other real football threads and they are tumble weed. :THINK:

(Reason I ask is every one is so nice and chilled on here that I don't want to be banned for serial off-topic rule breaks, which was what got me perma-banned from a certain other forum recently and how I came to here, happily.) :D:D:D
Relating it to retro footy games might be OK.
One of my favourite footy games ever is WC 98. It didn't have all the teams like RTWC but it was my first footy game for PS1. The classic mode was awesome.
I'm surprised that you don't see any retro footy games being remade.

Relating it to retro footy games might be OK.
One of my favourite footy games ever is WC 98. It didn't have all the teams like RTWC but it was my first footy game for PS1. The classic mode was awesome.
I'm surprised that you don't see any retro footy games being remade.

My first footy game was FIFA 2001, but i didn't play it much. World Cup 2002 game was the first footy game i felt in love with. I still remember when you made a powerful shot, there was fire following the ball. :LOL:
I think i will try it again someday, the gameplay is maybe pretty bad nowadays.

We're not going to ban you for going off-topic (not the first time, anyway)...!

But if you want to talk about the World Cup, as you say, there's a thread for that... Maybe it'll be a bit more lively if you start the ball rolling in there! ;)

As for retro World Cup games... France 98.

Des Lynam, Gary Lineker, Chris Waddle, John Motson, all the teams, all the stadiums, all the music. With Voodoo 3D graphics and classic teams. The World Cup experience in a box. It'll never be beat in terms of the complete package.

wc98-3.jpg

Happy days.

LoL @WhoAteMeDinner what forum was that. If the punishment for going off-topic was permanent ban, what was the punishment for harassing/threatening other members, making racist or violent post or political related posts? Execution to death?!!! :)

Last edited:

But if you want to talk about the World Cup, as you say, there's a thread for that... Maybe it'll be a bit more lively if you start the ball rolling in there! ;)

Des Lynam, Gary Lineker, Chris Waddle, John Motson, all the teams, all the stadiums, all the music. With Voodoo 3D graphics and classic teams. The World Cup experience in a box. It'll never be beat in terms of the complete package.

wc98-3.jpg

Happy days.

Loved that one as well. One of the few times that a game for a single competition didn't feel like a robbery. Magnificent package as you said and gameplay largely improved from the already fun Fifa RTWC 98, with a cpu much more tougher and better GK. A classic.

Just to mention a Konami one, since otherwise we'd be off topic :D, Iss Pro 98 was less of a package but that's the game that made me discover what virtual soccer could have been, with players so well characterized and revolutionary gameplay for the time.

LoL @WhoAteMeDinner what forum was that. If the punishment for going off-topic was permanent ban, what was the punishment for harassing/threatening other members, making racist or violent post or political related posts? Execution to death?!!! :)

Digital Spy Forums. I did kind of ignore their warnings and talking about my favourite instant coffee brands all the time in a thread about politics did seem to annoy them alot. :THINK::THINK::THINK:

My first footy game was FIFA 2001, but i didn't play it much. World Cup 2002 game was the first footy game i felt in love with. I still remember when you made a powerful shot, there was fire following the ball. :LOL:
I think i will try it again someday, the gameplay is maybe pretty bad nowadays.

You would really love a Mega Drive basketball game callled NBA Jam in that case @fmicablues7 .

wc98-3.jpg

Happy days.

Ok thanks @Chris Davies , will try and get the tumble weed World Cup thread rolling. Guys, please follow the Dinner there, thanks. :TUMBLE:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/russia-world-cup-2018-thread.78855/#post-3278705

Last edited:
@WhoAteMeDinner You can use the quote button and quote multiple posts in your reply. :)

Like this:
We should start a wiki documenting EVERYTHING about retro-PES IMO. I won't be able to do anything (unable to pay for hosting fees/etc) but yeah, it would be nice and be a good source of documentation ^^

(I was just testing the function)

---
Also permaban for going offtopic is really harsh :/

Regarding World Cup/Euro games, I began with WC2002 though I can't remember most of it. By far the one I enjoyed the most was WC2010...its combination of gameplay, graphics and content makes it the benchmark of its "niche" - even more so compared with the last Euro game and the current WC one, which are just addons with only a very small percentage of content provided by older WC/Euro games such as the one I mentioned. Sadly, looking at the trends of modern gaming I think WC2010 will continue on being by far the best ever for a long, long time...

Apologize for the off-topic. Tying my argument up with a more PES-centered experience, PES6 patched with all the stadiums, balls, kits and NTs it's a very decent WC/Euro platform too. At least more decent than having to play a Euro 2016 with not even the total number of stadiums of the tournament available...

@Orhainmalz: Interesting idea of yours. What PES games would be considered for that database, PES1-PES6 (the PS2 golden era)?

. Tying my argument up with a more PES-centered experience, PES6 patched with all the stadiums, balls, kits and NTs it's a very decent WC/Euro platform too. At least more decent than having to play a Euro 2016 with not even the total number of stadiums of the tournament available...

With Shollym's international patch you could even play out the entire qualifying rounds as well. :)

I think that was exactly the one I played, a fantastic experience. It shows how important it is to keep developing/encouraging the development of retro-PES games through patches and OFs, otherwise who knows if we'll ever get a full WC/Euro experience ever again...

Wohoo :BY:, I have finally after nine seasons in the PES 3 Master League got some ML points in the bank, and not skint or on the brink of Game Over. Have 9000 points earned in the first ten weeks of the season, with a very low salary bill and a juicy 1000 points for every WEFA Group, Division 1 Cup, and League win.

I am shopping for a right back and left wing forward (Note: WG, not SMF) and am sticking to my player salary cap of no more than 800pts salary. Which will get me some excellent players. The great Luigi Riva (PES name: Riga) for example is a classic re gen player for just 770 salary pts.
Left foot like a thunder bolt. Look him up on YouTube. :WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

Edin Hazard, 2000 salary pts, no way. :R1:R1:R1

Here's a quiz for you all:
How many teams have been in every PES?
How many players have been in every PES?
I don't know the answers but I thought it would be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom