The Retro-PES Corner

Playing is believing is by far the best one, you really need a very strong belief in konami to keep playing these games :D

Japanese are amazing at English marketing. I remember a J-League trailer, I believe it was made for a league restart after WC 2010, and it told us all to Aim at Fantasista, whatever the hell that means!

Japan is a state of mind :CALM:

@Flipper the Priest are there any good external editors for PES3/WE7I? I would not mind fiddling around with this game myself. Last summer I did ML with fake Polish team Commonwealth, I could make some gud teams :D cheers!!

ps2 pes best!

EditPES3OptionFile 2.02 and WeOptEditor. EditPES better for editing players, WeOPtEditor better for editing teams.

Two more teams completed yesterday, seven more to go!

So i was making a deep look on the most recent , PES catch-phrases, you know the promo-quotes, that stay with the game's trailer and the whole year usually. They came true when KONAMI adapted a more west-minded marketing strategy, the only case is that the quotes-marketing was more a 2000~2010 think and they adopted it in the decade 2011~2020, but that's KONAMI after all. So starting by memory:

1) The King is back!

2) The Pitch is ours!

3) We control reality!

4) Where legends are made!

5) Playing is believing! (this is the most new one, i think)

:BY: :BY: :BY:
Taglines is a very western/American trope when it comes to gaming marketing & Konami had to adapt to more western sensibilities in regards to being taken seriously as a mainstream adversary to FIFA. Taglines are just that, Taglines. Meaningless fluff, aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Even my favourite tagine from Konami this gen from PES 2016; "Love the past, Play the future" which referred to the 20th spiritual anniversary of PES, Wasn't even that relevant to the game. Other than the aforementioned anniversary, There was no nostalgic fan service to be seen in the game. No retro soundtrack, No throw backs to Retro PES in the games marketing leading up to release... Missed opportunity really.

Guys could someone help me with settings for pes6, I just picked up a gtx 1050 ti and want to play the game on 1080 p settings, I've tried it on default settings with the card and diegos napoli stadium still has lag and slow down issues

Guys could someone help me with settings for pes6, I just picked up a gtx 1050 ti and want to play the game on 1080 p settings, I've tried it on default settings with the card and diegos napoli stadium still has lag and slow down issues
Maybe use D3DOverrider and tweak the reservedmemory inside kload might help.

@goalgerd

This is from my kload.cgf if that's any help, can't remember if I set it myself or if it was on that already now

# Loader configuration file
#############################

gdb.dir = ".\"
ReservedMemory=590000000

DLL.num = 13
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\afs2fs.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.9 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"
DLL.10 = "kitserver\clock.dll"
DLL.11 = "kitserver\psc.dll"
DLL.12 = "kitserver\speeder.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 3840
dx.fullscreen.height = 2160
internal.resolution.width = 3840
internal.resolution.height = 2160

# End of loader configuration

That together with the enbconverter.ini and d3d8.dll in the pes6 folder and I no longer had any stuttering , lag etc on windows 10.

It truly is brilliant.
On some levels better than PES 5/6
Anyone played PES 4 recently?
Wondering how it holds up.

My memories are like PES3-PES6 all games were fun. Never had trouble moving onto the next game. A few things stood out.

- PES5 had really great foul system
- PES6 had almost no fouls and the shooting mechanics were reworked to an extent where your input mattered depending on the player stat and the shooting scenario( the accelerated power bar thing). Also it had the infamous cut back auto goal which was "banned" in online competitions :D.
- PES4 or PES3 had overpowered headers during corner kicks

Not sure about the WE editions and how they evolved.

I have also played a bunch of matches with ISS2 on the PS Classic Mini, damn that game is difficult. Difficult to dribble, to score, to build up. Thats a barebone game but yet shooting has real depth and as i mentioned the game is challenging.

@goalgerd

This is from my kload.cgf if that's any help, can't remember if I set it myself or if it was on that already now

# Loader configuration file

gdb.dir = ".\"
ReservedMemory=590000000

DLL.num = 13
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\afs2fs.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.9 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"
DLL.10 = "kitserver\clock.dll"
DLL.11 = "kitserver\psc.dll"
DLL.12 = "kitserver\speeder.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
dx.fullscreen.width = 3840
dx.fullscreen.height = 2160
internal.resolution.width = 3840
internal.resolution.height = 2160

# End of loader configuration

That together with the enbconverter.ini and d3d8.dll in the pes6 folder and I no longer had any stuttering , lag etc on windows 10.

im getting as far as starting the match then the screen is just going black and the game is crashing, diego napoli stadium actually loaded up fine, any ideas?

if you are using windows 10, that could be the reason for stuttering.
Really? I've been having microstutter issues with a different game (Football Manager 2020) and can't fix it, despite the system reporting that it's a steady 60fps (it's not). Could this be because I'm using Windows 10? If so, what are my options? (Anywhere I can read up about this?)

Really? I've been having microstutter issues with a different game (Football Manager 2020) and can't fix it, despite the system reporting that it's a steady 60fps (it's not). Could this be because I'm using Windows 10? If so, what are my options? (Anywhere I can read up about this?)

that is strange, since we are talking about new game, that is well tested in windows 10 before releasing. so far i noticed only old games might have issues with windows 10.

are you using amd graphic card?

@goalgerd Does it happen with every game you go to play or just with a particular team or that stadium? One thing to try first is to turn off kitserver installation and then start the game and play the same match you are having that crash on.

If it still crashes then it must be something driver/win10 related.

If it doesn't crash then it's probably something to do with either the stadium, or kits/hair/face of one or more of the players. I'd suggest then turning kitserver install back on trying the same match with a different stadium to rule out the kit/hair/face. If it still crashes then it's kit/hair/face related, if it doesn't then it was the stadium.

I've had similar crashes before caused by an error with a player graphic addition. If you go into the in game editor and go through the two teams squads player by player you'll find out. If there's an error on one of them the game will crash when you cycle down the players and get to the player causing the problem. Bear it mind it could be more than one so check them again after fixing him. To fix it remove the hair/face for that player in kitserver.

I did once have it with a kit, Levante I think it was (this was years ago) every time I went to play with or against them the game would crash! Removed their kit and it was fine.

that is strange, since we are talking about new game, that is well tested in windows 10 before releasing. so far i noticed only old games might have issues with windows 10.

are you using amd graphic card?
Sorry to take the thread off-topic...! But yes, it's an AMD FX 8350 running an AMD RX 580. Some games run great, others have the worst microstutter I've ever seen, but all report a smooth 60fps whenever measured (and it's not the TV / monitor, I've tried a couple). Can't figure it out for the life of me...

Sorry to take the thread off-topic...! But yes, it's an AMD FX 8350 running an AMD RX 580. Some games run great, others have the worst microstutter I've ever seen, but all report a smooth 60fps whenever measured (and it's not the TV / monitor, I've tried a couple). Can't figure it out for the life of me...

if you are using the latest drivers for your card, then my best guess is v-sync issues with certain games.

try forcing v-sync in amd control panel and check if monitor refresh rate is same as your card's setting.

Actually realised I forgot to post the final to my Euro 2008 play-through on the beloved PES 2008 - I'm sure some of you have already seen it but for those that haven't, here it is. I also put up a poll on my Twitter where people could vote if i should do a UCL or WC2010 next so feel free to vote. :))

It's time for The Euro 2008 Final! Spain had rocky start to the tournament but came alive during the knockout stages while Sweden have been goal machines thanks to the legendary partnership of Larsson & Ibrahimovic. Can Henrick lift the trophy in his final game for his country?

Actually realised I forgot to post the final to my Euro 2008 play-through on the beloved PES 2008 - I'm sure some of you have already seen it but for those that haven't, here it is. I also put up a poll on my Twitter where people could vote if i should do a UCL or WC2010 next so feel free to vote. :))

It's time for The Euro 2008 Final! Spain had rocky start to the tournament but came alive during the knockout stages while Sweden have been goal machines thanks to the legendary partnership of Larsson & Ibrahimovic. Can Henrick lift the trophy in his final game for his country?

UCL 2006-07 on PES 6

Hey guys, it's been a while.
Despite real life hitting like a rock, I still haven't quit my infamous PES08 PS2 ML save with the ML defaults. I don't know for sure but I believe the save is probably almost two years old now, which makes it by far my longest ML save ever.

I can't remember what was my last update (if you're brave enough to read back on these 200 pages, you'll find it) but long story short, I've managed to bring the Defaults to world glory with the help of a few potent newgens like Jackson the centreback, Fredriksson the FK&xorner&PK taker goalkeeper (yes you read that right), and Matic the 205cm panzer up front.

Over the last two seasons, our dominance became just too brutal for the ML World, having conquered the treble two years in a row (League, Cup and WEFA Championships). In two league seasons I had only one defeat before conquering the title - after conquering it I'd just use the reserves on all the matches until the end of the competition, so inevitably I got me a few defeats as a result. I'm far from being that good of a player; the thing is that the team became too good stats-wise. Fredriksson became the best rated keeper in the world, Jackson the best CB, Matic one of the best strikers...and even the newgens that weren't first-team regulars became superstars - like Sousa, Khumalo, Delios, etc. Others like Espinosa rarely ever played and still evolved their attributes like crazy.

It was time to shake things up: decided to let go of almost every newgen I signed over the years. Only Delios remained: despite his potent statsheet he's a CB with 168cm, I can't let such an interesting, quirky player go.

To renew the team I decided to bring in a few PES and WE United players like Footyn, De Kaam, Chigrat, Kondelenan, Alnenda, and the like. Their statsheets are much more realistic and hopefully they won't develop as much as the ML newgens do.

I think this worked: I'm mid-season and currently am 5th, five points away from the 1st place in the league. The game is much harder now: I've now lost more points in just half a season than the whole of the last two beforehand.

//

As for the defaults, most have retired. Espimas, Ximelez, Ivarov, Minanda, Castolo and the like are long gone - Minanda's 'son' (his regen) is already 27 years old! In five seasons there won't be any ML default left, as all of them are on their late 30s now.

Check out a few of them below (spoilers!)

Yup, the team is old. Stein has been the team's captain for 15 years - and rarely misses a game. Gutierrez is by far the best Default ever at this point, he'll surely end up surpassing the 500-goal milestone and his match-count will hardly ever be beaten. Both have become two of my most iconic PES players in my experience playing this series.
Check out also Lothar, with a whooping 11 matches in 15 seasons. A true legend.
You should've seen my face when Stein finally scored his first goal for the club after more than 400 matches and countless horrible long-shot attempts in fifteen years.

I've tried quitting this save many times, in order to explore other ideas and to give these guys a well-deserved rest, but I'm finding it impossible, I just like this team too much. Here's to hoping Stein doesn't retire until he's 50 and that Gutierrez will be able to play alongside Minanda's grandson one of these days.

PS: the forum's looking good!

@mattmid: Thanks :) Gutierrez is a machine, has been the league's top scorer for at least ten years straight now :D As for Lothar, those 11 matches amount to not more than 100 minutes surely, so it's even worse than it looks!

@sniglet: Hi there man, great to see you playing with the defaults as well. Are you keeping them all on your team? Jaric has shined as an almost unbeatable CB for me this time around, when usually he's much more useful when attacking. I'm ashamed to admit this but though he got to a 95 FK accuracy/swerve, he hasn't scored a single FK in 15 years.

@slamsoze: Thanks slam. I just saw he hasn't been on since August...if you're reading this mate, we all promise to play a PES3 ML when you get back :D

Back
Top Bottom