RB F.O'Kane
LB Warnock
DM Palmer
CM Galbraith
AM Strain
AF Barr
CF Mullen

China (2-6-2)

Jihado86 Junwei changed his name from van der Football, resigned from the Netherlands job and took over at China. He said he was frustrated with the Dutch players who didn't 'get' what he wanted from his tactics and said he was keen to continue his tactical revolution elsewhere.

GK Ma Kunyue
CB Li Jingrun
CB Cheng Jinhao
RWB Chen Shengnan
LWB Xie Longfei
DM Lian Dongwei
DM Jua Zhonglin
CM Shao Tianfa
AM Wang
SS Ji Haoxiang
CF Xiao Junlong

The first half got underway. Honestly it did. It passed by largely in an ill tempered midfield battle where fouls and bookings were well ahead of any chances. If the referee was hoping to be on tv then he got his wish due to the number of discussions he had with players after fouls. It was a surprise he booked just two during the half.

nir 1st h.JPG

The second half was every bit as fiery, bodies strewn across the pitch like some ancient battlefield. Players going down off the ball from barges and blocks. One in the box that looked like it might have been worth a penalty for the Irish. In the end some football did break out and led to a few Irish chances and China even briefly threatened Ireland, if not directly their goal. It was a better half though and shots just outnumbered fouls, despite there being 9 of them as well. The chances that did come along were largely for Northern Ireland and very well dealt with by China's keeper Ma Kunyue, who evidently had read the comments about him and was out to prove his worth.

nir 2nd h.JPG

Extra Time was more of the same. Wang had a half chance with a head but could only loop it over and they eventually got a shot on target which Hughes saved easily enough. China battled well and were largely untroubled during extra time, probably having their best period in the match in fact. In the end the referee, like most of us, had seen quite enough and blew for time. It was time for penalties. My money was on 0-0.

Extra Time and Penalties

An instantly forgettable clash between two of the poorest teams in the competition. It was feisty and ill tempered throughout with 25 fouls and 5 cards by the end of extra time. Both teams desperate to get through but without the cutting edge to create too much of any real quality. Both teams stuck to their task, even if that task appeared to be to kick each other and push each other over at every opportunity. The only shock was nobody went off injured. China will have to be just as tough in the next round if they are to have any chance of getting through. If the draw is kind to them then maybe they can get it to penalties again or even cause and upset it. If however they get a top quality side you would have to fear for them.

M.O.M Cheng Jinhao. The centre back had a decent game, winning his battle with Mullen, never giving him a sniff of a goal.

Disappointment: Mullen. Achieved next to nothing although he ran and ran. His size counted against him as China's tough defenders knocked him about. Looked a poor choice to play him in this one from manager McCrosoft.

Special Mention: Ma Kunyue. The Chinese keeper made one excellent save and dealt surprisingly well with the more routine one's as well.

Jihado86 Junwei won't care one little bit about how they got through. He got the rank outsiders into the last 16 and that's all that matters. They'll hope for a kind draw as you would think it wouldn't end well if they get one of the big boys. Jihado86 doesn't care though, he was heard to say "Bring on Brazil" as he climbed on to the team bus.

Last edited:
@mattmid
Two shots at halftime :DD Most people left the stadium at that point and weren't around to see the exciting penalty shootout, though. Manager Jihado goes from hell to heaven in just 24 hours: sends one of the title candidates Netherlands home and then miraculously carries China to the round of 16. Congratulations!

Well, the team looked solid and well organized but toothless, it's expected due the poor technical and physical level of my players. Compared to their poor level, they did a good job. If the Dutch players played with the same discipline as the Chinese did they would have beaten Brazil yesterday.
The opponent wasn't that great so I can't say my crazy tactics worked, because w didn't score and didn't create that much offensive density. Again, with the limitations of technical traits we couldn't do more. Looking for the next opponent, it's getting tougher but we'll do our best.

@jihado86 Yes, that about summed it up. The packed midfield helped them stop N.Ireland from creating much as they didn't have the the ability to pick out a key pass. The two CB's played well and as I mentioned so did the keeper, surprisingly! That save with the foot was brilliant! Wang looked head and shoulders the best Chinese player on the day as far as attacking threat goes. The striker was anonymous.

@mattmid Packing the midfield was my aim because I noticed so many gaps between the defensive line and the midfield line with Netherlands having one DM. With China I used two DMs to connect defense to the rest of the midfield, also the wing backs formed a line with the DMs at some situations, they also were forming a 4 men defensive line also with the CBs. If it was a better a team they would've contributed efficiently with the attackers.

Italy v Hungary Preview:

Italy, under new manager Wildwind begin their campaign tomorrow. Amongst the pre tournament favourites, their position has only strengthened with France and the Netherlands already knocked out. Not that they will be taking Hungary lightly.

They will play with a 4-4-2

italy.JPG

In goal is Plizzari, possibly the best keeper in the tournament. With good all round goalkeeping skills, good agility and reflexes coupled with sound defensive skills, he'll be tough to beat.

In front of him will be Bettella and Sportelli. Both good in the air, physically tough and quick enough not to risk getting too exposed. Your typical Italian no nonsense defender. They are aided by Bouah and Girgi at full back. Bouah's a very strong defender, who can play anywhere across the back line. He's quick, good in the air and has plenty of stamina to get up and down the pitch. On the left, Girgi is slightly better going forward than defensively but has good pace and a long throw that the Italians may benefit from.

Sitting in front of the defence is Gyabuaa. He's got a bit of everything, good defensively, quick, agile, can dribble out of a tight space and is a decent enough passer to get out of any danger. Slightly ahead of him and to his right is Iglio in CM. A very similar player to Gyabuaa really just not quite as good. Solid enough though and not likely to let anyone down in there.

Two AM's play ahead of these two. Pompetti slighly further back than Mulattieri. Pompetti is another jack of all trades, master of none. Proficient at most things without being special in any of them. A good cog to have in the wheel. Mulattieri is more the creative type of the two. A tidy passer if not spectacular, he has a good eye for goal and a good attacking instinct. He can cause problems in several ways for the Hungarians tomorrow.

Up front is where it's at for Italy though. We've already mentioned several great strikers in this tournament, some of which have shown up and some who haven't. It would be a huge shock if these two didn't produce something between them.

First is Kean. He's quick, agile, has great shot accuracy, good in the air and very consistent. Pellegri is more of the same. A bit more powerful, just as quick and just as consistent. Both can dribble with the ball, have great reactions, have a knack for scoring and Kean has a good long range shot as well. The key to beating Italy is surely to stop them. Easy to say, much harder to do.

Hungary manager Lazlo Kovacoms, will likely go with his 4-3-3. Asvanyi will probably start in goal as the best of the three keepers. Not at Plizzari's level but a competent enough keeper. Bokros and Csoka may well be the centre back pairing. Csoka is a straightforward defender. Take him upfield and he'll likely get a nosebleed. He has a good defensive understanding but lacks acceleration and this may lead to Kovacoms option for the quickeer Kormendi bearing in mind the two the Italians are likely to have up front. Full backs Kovacs, Zeke and Szeibert will fight for the two places. Kovacs the only one who can really play on the right may be enough to get him that shirt. The other two it's bit of a toss up. Szeibert as 168cm could be exposed for height so they may opt for Zeke.

Central midfield may see Radics come into it as the better defender of the three likely to be fighting for a start. Against a weaker team it would probably be Laczko and Kocsis.

Attacking midfielder Szoboszlai is the man Hungary will be looking at to get the attack working. A very good short passer they'll be looking for him to feed balls through to the three up front. His attacking nous and pace should put him in good positions to do this. He's average elsewhere ability wise but if he can do what he does best he could be a thorn in the Italian side.

Hungary have plenty of options for the two Wing positions, the hardest part might be choosing which to start. All have their strong points and all are capable of putting in good crosses. Up front will probably be Bencze who has the best eye for goal but it's not a nailed on certainty.

So plenty of variations the Hungarian manager can throw at Italy and they will give them a tough game I am sure. However I think Italy have that bit more quality, particularly at the sharp end where it matters. If Kean and Pellegri perform it should be enough to see Italy through. If they are both off their game it could all get a bit tight. Hungary, for their part, will cause problems, but unless they are all on song I don't think they'll have enough to get through.

I know this is the PES thread but I have been playing some FIFA 15. Shit players actually have shit first touch, movement momentum is done correctly, the AI can pull off some cynical fouls at times, ping pong passing is hard, shooting is hard. After this year's PES and FIFA, is this how a football game is supposed to play because I'm enjoying it more than I should?

And hardly any weird collision bug. I believe that Ignite was the best engine for FIFA that EA used, Frostbite looks nice and all but its physics isn't suitable for a sports game.

I'll be on vacation starting next month, can I still pick a team that I want the tactics to be mine?
I can just pick an underdog so probably just missing some of the latest round 32 matches, you then just need to adjust the cards/injuries etc and keep my tactics, would be cool, suggest me your pick on the weakest team and I'll take that, will then try to make a compact/universal tactic to be good against most other formations or something, that kind of thing.

@miguelfcp @mattmid

:THINK:

no biggie i should have waited for the page change, usually do that for more "important" comments :CW:

Last edited:
@cosmo: totally missed your post, we're sorry!

World Youth Cup 2019 - Manager list

- Portugal - @miguelfcp

- Scotland - @Flipper the Priest

- England - @sniglet

- China - @jihado86

- Italy - @wildwind

- Norway - @mattmid

- Russia - @MafiaMurderBag

oZkskbH.png

Available nations:
- Hungary
- Austria
- Peru
- Germany
- Poland
- Greece
- Belarus
- Finland
- South Korea
- Belgium

@cosmo, you're free to take any nation on this list.

(if I forgot about any manager, please say so guys)

About your choice for which nation to manage, there are a few admittedly weak sides on that list but Belarus should be an interesting challenge. One would think they'd be one of the weakest of the competition but they have a bit of quality here and there, they might be one of the surprises of this tournament if well managed.

I don't watch youth tournaments so I have no idea, just go by sympathy in general, I have a team in mind, they shouldnt be that strong.

The majority of the games are decided by penalties, too little goals scored.
It's an indicator that the CPU has always a limited creativity to score and pose a threat.

I have a suggestion, when the game has one team managed by one of the members here, @mattmid and @miguelfcp play with them instead of CPU. What do you think guys?

proud of ma boiis
a key actually to the tactics was the "opp. side attack" tactic but the com never uses any, why? :LOL:
my left side was more to keep the ball and flood the side, and the RM then makes the move on the other side, jupp heynckes style bayern triple

but was a good match, many chances (relatively speaking, crappy stats etc)
ps the "auto-def" att-def level does not apply too, my team was too offensive :D

Last edited:
@jihado86 It's because these are youth players and their ratings are fairly low. The club teams are high scoring (I've had 4-0's in CPU v CPU with the club teams) but like with any national team it's not generally as good as a club team because they don't have great players in every position. Also some countries only have limited players available from the club sides in the OF. So there are real players that would be in those teams that aren't in the OF as well.

Some of them like China and Peru are mostly all from one club side, we added them all in though so we could have 32 international teams.

There's been plenty of shots in most games. Croatia had 18 shots against Ireland so they are creating the chances.

WYC19 - Week #1 recap

The first week of the World Youth Cup 2019 is coming to an end. Check out both the match reports and some of the broadcasted matches.

Matchday #1: Bulgaria 2-0 Mexico

Matchday #2: Switzerland 0-0 France (3-0 PK)

Matchday #3: Spain 2-0 Sweden

Matchday #4: Romania 2-0 Denmark

Matchday #5: Ukraine 1-2 Serbia

Matchday #6: Ireland 1-0 Croatia

Matchday #7: Brazil 1-1 Netherlands (5-4 PK)

Matchday #8: Northern Ireland 0-0 China (4-5 PK)

Matchday #9: Italy 0-0 Hungary (2-3 PK)

We’ve had a few surprises right on the first round of the WYC19 tournament. Mega-favourites France, Netherlands and Italy have been eliminated from the first round; and if a loss against Brazil is not at all shocking for the dutch, witnessing Switzerland and Hungary eliminate the other two is certainly something the majority of football fans around the world weren’t expecting.

Bulgaria wasn’t at all impressive, still they were a bit more in shape than a rather sloppy and sleepy Mexico side and deserved to go through. Spain waited until the final five minutes to throw a dagger to Sweden’s ambitions as their striker Ruiz singlehandedly carried them into the round of 16. Romania looked solid and eliminated Denmark from the competition with the help of a bulletproof midfield – could they be one of the underdogs of the WYC?

Serbia’s offense was one of the most impressive so far, yet Ukraine didn’t quit until the final whistle. Ireland shockingly got a win over Croatia – the gods of football were in a mischievous mood surely. Northern Ireland and China had the honor of building the most uninteresting football match in history but nevertheless they produced a spectacularly dramatic couple of minutes of a penalty kick shootout that ended up favoring the Chinese, who before the competition started were considered the worst team of the tournament. A win is a win and China can proudly admit that they’ve been more successful so far than the Netherlands, France and Italy…combined.

Top Scorers
A. Ruiz (Spain) - 2
Mihaila (Romania) - 2
M. Petkov (Bulgaria) - 1
Ma. Petkov (Bulgaria)
Kholod (Ukraine)
Tedic (Serbia)
L. Markovic (Serbia)
Parrott (Ireland)
Brenner (Brazil)
Zirkzee (Netherlands)

Assists
A. Yordanov (Bulgaria) - 1
Babaliev (Bulgaria)
Antonio (Spain)
Tucaliuc (Romania)
Panchyshyn (Ukraine)
Radmanovac (Serbia)
I. Markov (Serbia)
Waters (Ireland)

---

Week #2
June 30 - Matchday #10: Austria - Peru
July 1 - Matchday #11: Russia - Germany
July 2 - Matchday #12: Poland - Norway
July 3 - Matchday #13: Greece - England
July 4 - Matchday #14: Belarus - Finland
July 5 - Matchday #15: South Korea - Portugal
July 6 - Matchday #16: Scotland - Belgium

Matchday #10 - preview
Austria
Austria uses a pretty standard 4-4-2 flat formation with a CMF duo (one being slightly more defensive-minded than the other), a creative AMF disguised as a SMF and two potent strikers up front. Defensively, they act as a combative, solid unit and won't sit back waiting for the opponent to build their offense.

Hedl is sure to be chosen as Austria's keeper. Few people would consider him to be among the best keepers in this competition, yet, don't sleep on this young man as he's got what it takes to become a very interesting professional footballer in the future.

Meisl and Moormann will be the centreback duo. While the latter is an odd combination of above-average speed and high defensive IQ - a skillset only ruined by his complete lack of aerial ability -, the former is actually one of the leaders of this Austrian side. Meisl, though not as fast as Moormann, is the complete package as a centreback.

One thing's for sure: Daniliuc is one of the starting sidebacks. He's yet another complete package of a player: which is to be expected given he's proficient in playing on any position from centreback to winger (!). Sulzbacher and Macher are fighting for the other sideback role, and we put our money on the latter to start: a tireless but otherwise unimpressive individual, much less fast than the other one, but much more energetic.

Assuming Austria's manager Andreas Aivanschitz assumes an attacking ambition from the get-go, and we're inclined to believe so, he shall leave the 15-year-old anchorman Estrada - who combines a decent defensive ability with the passing accuracy of a creative midfielder - on the team's bench, instead opting for a CMF duo comprised of Demaku and S. Radulovic. While Demaku is a creative midfielder type, Radulovic is more of an attacking-midfielder-meets-CMF individual - and both of them would be able to start on the majority of the nations participating in this World Youth Cup, which says a lot about their quality.

One of the side midfielders has to be Schmid - more on him later. It'll be tough - I'd say, impossible - to have the opposite side's SMF matching Schmid's talent. Many could fill that role and we believe Strasser looks like the best option (by a tiny margin though). He's fast, he's got decent dribbling skills and is always active on the pitch.

Austria doesn't have a similar plethora of alternatives up front - Aivanschitz brought only two natural strikers, a winger who can play there as well and two AMFs who should be utilized in the midfield, despite being also being able to play on a more attacking position. Krienzer and Edelhofer - the duo of natural strikers - are a cut above the rest and should start. This attacking duo might be one of the most underrated of the competition. Krienzer is good for only about 60 minutes or less, yet that should be enough for him to have a positive impact on the match with his speed and above-average finishing; Edelhofer on the other hand is not as talented as Krienzer but can do pretty much what the other can while lasting more.

Key Player: Schmid. At this point, the midfielder currently under contract with Werder Bremen is a sure thing for professional football in the nearest future. He's lightning fast, he's got the technique and skill, his passing is superb and mentally, Schmid's way more cultured than your typical young footballer. Schmid is the light of this Austrian side and their hopes of continuing on in this competition depend almost solely on him.

Peru
Peru might be one of the most interesting teams to watch in this tournament because of their formation alone. They use a kind of 3-3-3-1 with two centrebacks and one sideback-meets-centreback - all of them of questionable ability, three very competent centre-midfielders, one bona fide maestro and a sole, solid striker up front. They apply pressure all over the pitch and aren't shy on using a very high defensive line. Too much eccentricity or will they be one of the surprises of the Round of 32?

Salazar is Peru's undisputed man between the posts. He's solid and somewhat consistent, won't wow you with his saves but won't let you down often either.

Manager Aiberto Rodráiguez uses a three-men defense with one sideback disguised as a CB, or the other way around, it's impossible to be sure. He only brought two natural CBs and one natural sideback so this one's easy: Vázquez, Zubiato and Albino (the SB) will play. Vázquez would be a decent defender if he had a brain, as he's completely unreliable - though naturally talented. Zubiato is a 15-year-old who again looks like he could make it in professional football but like his CB partner, he suffers from a major, deal-breaking flaw: he needs a new set of batteries.

As for Albino, he's a 166cm tall (hah) defensive-minded sideback who's energetic and defensively skilled, one wished he'd match it with an attitude that would differentiate himself from your typical toddler.

This Peru defense really needs to just grow up.

Peru's central midfielder trio is a riddle yet to be deciphered, as there are many skilled individuals for those three roles. Surely one of them will be Matzuda, one of the key players of this team. Now, usually Rodraiguez utilizes another defensive-minded midfielder so Espinoza, Valenzuela or Escate might get the nod. Doesn't really narrow it down, does it? Well, any of them would be wise options for the role; I'd say Valenzuela (a Pirlo-type of DMF, runs the show from the back) will be the chosen one.

It's yet unclear whether part-time footballer, full-time magician Carranza will play as the sole attacking midfielder (his natural position anyway) or as one of the side midfielders. More on him later. I wholeheartedly believe he'll play as AMF and leave the wings for both Gallardo and probably Cabanillas. The former is not at all fast but his dribbling and technique are among the best of the entire competition, let alone just this Peruvian squad. Too bad that's pretty much it about his skillset. As for the latter, he's a bit faster and less technically endowed but at least he's always eager to participate actively on the offensive process.

Up front, either De La Cruz or G. Sánchez will play as the sole centre forward. Honestly, the manager will either way end up choosing wisely as both are very solid attackers overall. However, Sánchez looks a bit better as he combines De La Cruz's finishing ability with accurate passing and is much faster than him as well. A much more complete striker he is, indeed.

Key Player: Matzuda...and Carranza. I couldn't choose just one.

Matzuda looks like one of the best midfielders of this entire competition. As a 194cm individual (!) he doesn't have any visible weaknesses to his game and to top it off, he's technically superb (above-average dribbling and passing). He's the team's defensive...and offensive leader. Peru is Matzuda and ten more out there.

As for Carranza, I'll go out on a limb and say he's one of the best passers of the competition...if not really the best one. Combine that with an extraordinary dribbling ability and decent speed, and you have one of the most dangerously creative individuals of this tournament.

@jihado86 It's because these are youth players and their ratings are fairly low. The club teams are high scoring (I've had 4-0's in CPU v CPU with the club teams) but like with any national team it's not generally as good as a club team because they don't have great players in every position. Also some countries only have limited players available from the club sides in the OF. So there are real players that would be in those teams that aren't in the OF as well.

Some of them like China and Peru are mostly all from one club side, we added them all in though so we could have 32 international teams.

There's been plenty of shots in most games. Croatia had 18 shots against Ireland so they are creating the chances.

In all your CPU vs CPU adventures have you noticed how the length of match and difficulty affect the games, if at all?

@Flipper the Priest I've wondered about the difficulty actually, I've always played them on top player so I can't answer that. I'll have to check it out. I've usually played 15 or 20 minutes although did play some 30 mins with the Amador file and that was very good as well. It didn't seem to play any differently that I noticed time wise. I don't think 5/10 mins would work that well though. I'll try some different difficulty levels at some point and let you know if it's any different.

I made four of the Copa America teams this week and I played (watched) the two games Paraguay v Brazil and Venezuela v Argentina. The first thing that stood out is what makes these retro games so good. Straight away I could see how much better these teams are than those in the Youth File. Which of course they would be but it was the fact you could see it right away, in the play. The touch, the speed, the technique, the power, the passing, all clearly visible by the way the game played out that a better class of player was playing.

Despite Venezuela being over made over a club team slot I think the AI still knew they were South American, check out the cards, some shocking tackles in there too :LOL:

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/qh3mkWy.jpg[/img]

The Derby Della Arian!
We beat em,took us 24 years!
Holland next

That will be a tough one alright. The Dutch are the tallest country on Earth. Five hundred years of prosperity has made them all flippin' huge.

Big Sam's Dream team.

Oh and btw @rockstrongo , don't dream of a World Cup title. The Great "English" Media have already crowned England champions and made Phil Neville a Knight.

:BLINK::BLINK::BLINK:

Back
Top Bottom