The Official Name Pronunciation thread.

total said:
I'm 90% sure Mido is "Mee-doh".
Yes, I think it too; in spanish would be as is writed: "Mído"; Jussié would be pronounced as "Jusié" and Kahe as "Cajé".

But when Jussié was playing in Cruzeiro, I remember the commentators of O'Globo used to called him as "Yusié".

Anyone know if the last name "Diarra" of Mahamadou, Alou or Lassina, have the most entonation in the last "a" as "Diarrá" or in the first as "Diárra"?

Last edited:
Milanista said:
Its always been "Milan" and "Inter" in italy. Milan is called that way, instead of AC Milano, because of its English roots. They wanted to keep the English name of the city.

Do Czech people know how to pronounce Nedved? Is it NyejVed? And is Cech meant to be Check? And Rosicky - Rosinsky?

Nedved = Nee-ed-vee-ed

Cech = Check

Rosicky = Roz-itz-ski

About AC Milan, is it true that the AC stands for Athletics and Cricket club?

Im sure Milanista will confirm this part about Milan but I wouldnt be surprised if it were true. Im sure a few Italian clubs at one point doubled up as a Cricket club, though Im intuiged how that started in the first place and to why Italy hasn't to this day got some level of International cricket. Im sure the same happend in Turkey or Greece also.

Last edited:
but also now milan is cricket club :lol:.

milanisti scusatemi ma era un rigore a porta vuota con dida sotto la doccia :D lol

here i want to know the exact bastian schweinsteiger pronounce becouse italian commentator D'Amico (Ex ss lazio player) says kinda "shwainshwaiwar"

mIGUEL. said:
No, he is probably talking about Roger Garcia, a spanish player from Ajax. :)

Exactly who I mean. :)

Thanks for the answers, I wanted to know because most people just say Roger, like in a first name.

RRRRoh-jéér

curswine said:
To me it would be R-oh-jair (Using English phonetics). You are talking about the former Benfica player?

I miss that guy so much... "f*ck" Corinthians and Kia's dirty money! :cry:

Another one - Sylvain Wiltord

I say his surname "Weel-tor", but some commentators seem to think he's German and pronounce the W as a V. :|

Oh yeah David Pleat should check out this thread, was hilarious the other night when he said "Jermaine J-anus" :lmao:

heard about robin van "persi-e" yesterday. he surely is pronounced just like "van persi" and the e left out, right?

Massacre_1907 said:
zlatan ibrahimovic
zihlahtan ebrahimovich ???
I ever pronounce his name as "Eslátan Ibraimóvich".

What about Edgar Manucharyan?, here I think it's as "Édgar Manucharráyan". :roll:

Last edited:
how about legend zidane ?

zenaden zihdane
zinadin zidan << usually it sounds like this without the "e"
zidanee ?

im sure french speakers say it different maybe or im confusing it ?

Glavisted said:
I ever pronounce his name as "Eslátan Ibraimóvich".

What about Edgar Manucharyan?, here I think it's as "Édgar Manucharráyan". :roll:

Edgar Mánoeschárýan. Something like that. :mrgreen:

Massacre_1907 said:
how about legend zidane ?

zenaden zihdane
zinadin zidan << usually it sounds like this without the "e"
zidanee ?

im sure french speakers say it different maybe or im confusing it ?
"Zeenedeen Zeedan"

easyeasyeasy said:
Another one - Sylvain Wiltord

I say his surname "Weel-tor", but some commentators seem to think he's German and pronounce the W as a V. :|

Oh yeah David Pleat should check out this thread, was hilarious the other night when he said "Jermaine J-anus" :lmao:
Sylvan Viltorr is how I pronounce it :)

Jermaine Jeenas is the way I say Jermaine Jenas.

DJ

I always thought Trezeguet was pronounced as 'Overrated Cunt'.
Oh well :lol: ;)

One that was always a sucker was Sasa Curcic (Remember him for Bolton).

Remember in an interview he confirmed it as Sasha Sir-Chitch iirc.
As in 'Chips' and 'Bitch':D

Back
Top Bottom